Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

I hope the DI-6 is money too!! I ordered the Black tie and will bring both shafts to Sarasota.

Awesome, there was this guy in Myrtle sort of hoarding it, so swipes with it were limited ;)

really enjoyed the driver this weekend even if it had a different shaft than stock i'm really interested to see how the black tie is in it. this can't come out soon enough i really want to hit this with the stock options in it and see what numbers i'm getting. i think the biggest thing i noticed immediately was how hot the face was compared to the fit from last year. it felt like a spring compared to it from what i can remember. i like the head shape its a little taller than i normally would play but it seems like a great driver. really stoked about trying this as well as the other options they have out this year.

I can't wait to take a few swings with the Extreme, love the feedback in hearing so far! Any suggestions on loft/shaft when I get to this for someone with a typically low ball flight and high swing speed based on your experiences with this club?

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

The thoughts are off to a good start after this last weekend..............me likey!

I really enjoyed hitting it with the B.Asha 4x and the sound was unreal, just launched too high for me at 10.5. Glad GregDan liked it enough to game it.

I was pretty surprised that the combo worked out as well as it did and I think the 8.5 is gonna be a beast!

I hope the DI-6 is money too!! I ordered the Black tie and will bring both shafts to Sarasota.

The Di-7 is a great pairing so I would think the 6 would be pretty good as well. What degree head did you go with? And what flex in the black tie?

Awesome, there was this guy in Myrtle sort of hoarding it, so swipes with it were limited ;)

Yes sir! Loved that club this weekend. Best one in the bag by far. Don't worry you can swing away with the 8.5 I will get soon. Haha.

I want an 11.5.

Now.

Close your eyes....click your heels 3 times.....and say the following words, "I wish I was at Callaway HQ......"

I might end up in Kansas though, and we all know THAT would suck.

I will be in Feb! I have a golf course superintendents conference in San Diego in Feb and am getting set up to be fit for the xtreme in Carlsbad when I'm there. Anxious to have guys that really know what they are doing and are familiar with the product set me up.
That is most excellent!!! You better bring back the goods!

... am getting set up to be fit for the xtreme in Carlsbad when I'm there. Anxious to have guys that really know what they are doing and are familiar with the product set me up.

That sounds like a once in a lifetime type of experience (at least it would be for me). Keep us posted.

I had a chance to hit the Razr Fit Extreme on Saturday at the True Blue Invitational. The driver is a beast. It feels great, it sounds great, and it is filthy long.

I hit it a couple times on the range. Topdoog offered to let me hit it during the round, but I declined since I knew I would end up buying one. I suspect a lot of THPers will be taking the plunge after hitting this driver at the outing in May.

I will be in Feb! I have a golf course superintendents conference in San Diego in Feb and am getting set up to be fit for the xtreme in Carlsbad when I'm there. Anxious to have guys that really know what they are doing and are familiar with the product set me up.

That sounds awesome! That would be a great experience and you know you would walk away with the best equipment out there, in my opinion.

I was pretty surprised that the combo worked out as well as it did and I think the 8.5 is gonna be a beast!

The Di-7 is a great pairing so I would think the 6 would be pretty good as well. What degree head did you go with? And what flex in the black tie?

Yes sir! Loved that club this weekend. Best one in the bag by far. Don't worry you can swing away with the 8.5 I will get soon. Haha.

I think a 8.5 head might suit me well, will be interesting to see the difference

I really enjoyed hitting it with the B.Asha 4x and the sound was unreal, just launched too high for me at 10.5. Glad GregDan liked it enough to game it.

This is the combo I want to try! Except with a 4s instead of 4x, and a 9.5 head.

Can you guys please stop praising this club. I'm drooling here. I have to get one now.

This is the combo I want to try! Except with a 4s instead of 4x, and a 9.5 head.

I bet that would be a killer combo.

Can you guys please stop praising this club. I'm drooling here. I have to get one now.

Tip of the iceberg man! it's only going to get worse from here haha!

Just wait till I can sit down and write my findings. You will be ordering one the next day! Haha. It's that great of a club!

Agree... I know I will walk out with a driver and maybe one of the new xhot 3w's. Those are getting some good early buzz.

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts, when you get them written down, because I liked the Razr fit last year (loved the forgiveness), but it just quite didn't do it for me. I was getting high spin numbers, even when paired with some premium shafts. I feel like this year's model will suit me much better

This years has improved quite a bit it really is a sick sick club. I will try to get something tonight or tomorrow.

Agree... I know I will walk out with a driver and maybe one of the new xhot 3w's. Those are getting some good early buzz.

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts, when you get them written down, because I liked the Razr fit last year (loved the forgiveness), but it just quite didn't do it for me. I was getting high spin numbers, even when paired with some premium shafts. I feel like this year's model will suit me much better

its comparing apples to oranges IMO

What head were you using? Also, what shafts?

I'm just curious because I tend to be a high spin number and have successfully found a Fit pairing at 8.5 with the Miyazaki B.Asha that keeps my spin rate down nicely.

This years has improved quite a bit it really is a sick sick club. I will try to get something tonight or tomorrow.

I can't wait to hear!

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

Alright well I have had some time to rest and recover from the awesome weekend of golf with some great THPers and had an absolute blast! But I would have to say one of the highlights of the weekend was being able to take the Razr Fit Xtreme out for all three rounds I was able to play. And I think that all that went, and were able to, got to swing this as well. If you didn't well then its your own fault. Haha.

So a little about me and my golf game. I am a pretty regular golfer and get out about 2-3 times a week, playing 18 holes each time and throw in a range session or short game session once or twice a week. I would say I have a fairly repeatable swing and am a pretty consistent striker of the golf ball, I don't have an overly fast or aggressive swing but what I like to call aggressively smooth. I have a pretty consistent miss that is low and towards the heel and I am trying to get better with that. So I feel I can give some honest and true feedback and hopefully help out some people along the way.

Courses: Blackmoor, Myrtlewood Pinehills, and True Blue
Conditions: 55-70* for all three days, light breeze all 3 days
Club: Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* (will be soon getting my 8.5* head hopefully soon)
Shaft: Tour AD DI-7s (will be also using the Black Tie along with this)
Ball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

So I really wasn't the person in mind when the Xtreme was brought to Myrtle Beach but I some how wrangled it out of Canadan's hand and got to use it exclusively all weekend. Ok Canadan is doing his Miyazaki testing with the B.Asha and JDL shafts and wanted to get used to the Fit that I have been currently gaming.

I was a little apprehensive to actually play this driver because it was a 10.5* head and I usually play 8.5* so I was worried all that was gonna happen was that it was gonna balloon and go absolutely nowhere. Boy was I wrong. This thing is a BOMB! I was easily as long as my old setup and possibly a little more carry. I didn't see a lot of roll out with the 10.5* but I wasn't expecting to see a ton of rollout. But I was easily keeping up with everyone in my group all day long. I played with Golf4Life, Canadan and JB the first day; JB, Bmik, and Dhil the second; and Motoo, G4L and ATLgolfer on saturday. So there were some big hitters I was playing with and wasn't very far behind, if not outdrove them a couple of times.

So as you can see Callaway did some wonderful things with this new driver and it really shows. I feel like the face is a little hotter than the previous Fit. I felt like I just needed a smooth hit and watched the ball just jump off the face and fly forever. One huge improvement I noticed was the deeper face. That is such a nice addition as I can tend to miss high on the face. Another frequent miss that I have is low and towards the heel, in fact this is my most common miss. What I have really enjoyed is that those off center hits are no where near penalizing. I felt like I would only lose maybe 10 yards of distance, and if I ended up hooking or slicing the ball it was not so penalizing that I would hit one out of bounds. Just a 15 yard draw/slice instead of a 5 yard draw/slice. Very playable and not as penalizing as I have experienced with previous drivers.

I actually really loved the flight of this head and shaft combo. A nice piercing mid-high flight that would just carry forever. I felt like I never had to really go after it and could easily get the ball in the air and have it carry without ballooning or just droping straight out of the sky. I will be interested to see what kind of flight I will be getting with the Black Tie versus the DI-7. I really expect some absolute missiles with the Black Tie but that's what I am hoping for.

I was super impressed with this club all weekend long and was finding fairways like crazy. Just an all around great club and I think Callaway has a front runner as the best driver in golf, in my opinion, and can compete with all the major brands out there on tour. I want to thank JB again for letting me hit this and give it a good test. I am hoping to have mine come in soon and test some different shafts and weight combos and what not.

Hope you have enjoyed this read and if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will be sure to answer the best I can. Thanks!

Really good info here TTD. You hit this thing extremely well all weekend long.

Back