Is anyone truely ever content and satisfied with thier golf game ?

That is part of what i am talking about. You may play few rounds in the 70's. But does all it take now is to have couple rounds to be above 80 to make you feel very unsatisfied? It can also become and obsession for many.

This is a very good point. I'm not sure I will ever be completely content, and I would agree that I'm borderline obsessed with working on my swing right now.

No, not at all....I have dropped 7-8 strokes off my handicap in a year and have broken 80 5 times....I might be happy if I broke 80 everytime.....................NAH!

I'm super competitive but golf keeps me humble. I'm constantly trying to find ways to get better & it's getting close to the point where I just need to accept I'm not going to ever be a scratch golfer lol. I have fun more than anything but I get disappointed when I don't get FIRs & GIRs or 3 putt.

I've been playing for 9 yrs and love the game. I've reached a level that I'm happy with because I can drive, chip and putt with confidence. My fairway shots are my biggest drawback but I'm not going to panic cuz I feel close to getting there. Wishing I had started when I was young can't be changed so I deal with the situation at hand.

I'm never happy I have been playing well of late my typical miss is 5-10 yards left and when I hit one of them I'm annoyed with myself, my pro tells me off saying he would love to be sure he's either on target or just left every time. Ill get where I want to be one day

I will never be satisfied with my game. There will always be something to work on

Same here, you will always want to get straighter, longer, closer. unless you just get a hole-in-one on every hole.

Same here, you will always want to get straighter, longer, closer. unless you just get a hole-in-one on every hole.

I agree. Of all the sports I played this is the one that never ends and never gets old even on a same course.

Tony Stewart was quoted as saying "You show me somebody who's not a sore loser and I'll show you a loser"..

Show me somebody who's content and satisfied with their game and I'll show you someone whose game will not improve.

If you shoot a perfect round every time you played it would ruin the game for you. Perfection is an impossible goal in any aspect of life, but that doesn't mean you can't try to get closer than anybody else ever has.

Tony Stewart was quoted as saying "You show me somebody who's not a sore loser and I'll show you a loser"..

Show me somebody who's content and satisfied with their game and I'll show you someone whose game will not improve.

If you shoot a perfect round every time you played it would ruin the game for you. Perfection is an impossible goal in any aspect of life, but that doesn't mean you can't try to get closer than anybody else ever has.
Tony Stewart should ask jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon what they do to win so much. His line of thinking does seem to work to well.

Nope. Is that not why we keep playing? Whatever the handicap, anyone can have a brilliant round, or even a brilliant hole and want to replicate it, to do it consistently...I can't imagine I would drag myself out into the rain if I knew in advance what score I was going to get. Not sure I will ever be content with My golf: not sure I would ever want to be either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back