I love where they are headed and what they are doing. Until very recently I had not liked their products very much. Now I am loving their products. I think the key to their success will be to never be satisfied. TaylorMade hasn't taken their foot off the gas for a several years now and where has it gotten them? As long as Callaway keep the pressure and intensity up in the marketing and quality I think they will succeed.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

I use to play all Callaway golf clubs about 8 years ago. Had the Jaws wedges, FT-5 driver and X-20 Tours. But then Taylor Made came around and got in the way of our relationship. All their new flashy ideas and clubs.....I just had to take a peek. And peek I did. I wanted Callaway to suck me back in and bring me back home but I just never connected with their products after that. I really hated their approach in going after TM with their anti-white campaign. Hated it. Why not get on board with more distance? Why not get on board with more color? Why not get on board with having the best driver for us out there? That's what I wanted to hear from Callaway and I think we're starting to get it. I hope that's what we're going to get moving forward.

Callaway is back baby.

I absolutely love the direction the Company is going. Their equipment is improving and I love that they are really focusing more on the consumers with their interaction and making clubs that fit a wide variety of golfers. I can't wait to see where they are going in the next few years.

They're doing a great job of mirroring TaylorMade. In the end, it will probably bring them success.

They're doing a great job of mirroring TaylorMade. In the end, it will probably bring them success.

How are they mirroring TM?

I remember when I first hit the Razr line a couple years ago. I was blown away at how this equipment wasn't blowing the doors off of the competition. The manager of the golf shop told me that people come in and they want the white stuff (R11 and Tour Burner 2.0). The Razr Hawk for me at least put those drivers to shame. Yet everyone walking through the doors walked right past the Callaway stuff and grabbed these. That will change this year and people will see how good Callaway is.

I think when it comes to being interactive with your consumer base, they are knocking the ball out of the park right now. I think a huge reason of why you invest your money in something is all about the "experience" you get when you interact with the company you are buying from. To have guys like Harry and Chad being so active on Twitter and actually taking the time to answer questions and be interactive, it makes the experience of Callaway that much better. That's the first part. The second is just as important to be successful

Look at Apple, when you think of an mp3 player 8 out of 10 people are thinking "iPod" first. It's because they make people understand the "why" (why they do something), instead of just saying "Hey, buy an iPod cause they're cool and really expensive." Callaway is saying "We're challenging the status quo, because we think that there should be a higher standard and we're here to set the bar." The 5 year War is a perfect example of that.

Now take a great interactive social media experience, and pair it with a company that is now selling the "why" over the "what" and you have a massive recipe for success. People don't buy products because of "what" they do, they buy products from companies they can relate to, or share the same values in. If Callaway can hit that nail on the head and find that balance, boy oh boy, watch out in a couple of years.

I agree. Except they're not Taylormade, so I can like them. And do.

They are taking multiple great steps in the right direction. A) engaging in consumer and B) returning their products to what was their strength.
Chip is brilliant. I used to have a strongly Callaway bag. But the last for years, they've turned out product that hasn't moved well enough with the times AND their looks were abhorrent. I play the Razr X Tour Hybrids and think they are the best hybrids I've ever hit. But I couldn't bring myself to buy anything else.
The 09 X Forged were beautiful clubs. The Razr X Forged look like something some exec's kid designed. The most confused badging ever. They were nothing I would want to look down at, at address.

The new direction tears several pages out of the Apple marketing/engineering playbook. 1) Engage the Consumer and Strengthen the Sense of Community. 2) Make Products that aren't just functional but LOOK like something people want to see everyday.

Hopefully, they'll use this BUT ignore the TMAG strategy of churning out new tweaks every 4 months and "earn with churn."

I think what they are doing is awesome, they are very involved in social media, they are making fantastic decisions when it comes to marketing and the equipment, which was always good, is better than ever! The 5 year war is an appropriate term because it's not going to happen overnight, but I do see them as being one of the bigger players in the golf industry over the next several years.

It's a lot more than the green color. I'm not gonna waste my time explaining my theory because everyone will think I'm insane.

It's a lot more than the green color. I'm not gonna waste my time explaining my theory because everyone will think I'm insane.

Umm okay. Honestly interested why you think that.

Let's hear it and the first person that comes out with "you're insane" will get put on the naughty list!

Seriously, let's here it.

I know that there is still a lot of power in the brand and think they're on track for a great year. I know when I talked about sponsors for the MC at least 8 out of 10 people said they'd want Callaway.

Like I said, not gonna bother because it is an argument I will never even get one person to agree with me on. Found that out the hard way.

Like I said, not gonna bother because it is an argument I will never even get one person to agree with me on. Found that out the hard way.

Who cares if people agree with you? Its your opinion. Everyone is entitled to that.

I happen to like the social interaction from people like Chad and Harry to us, the public and the consumer. That in itself is a great move that I haven't seen many other companies do. Plus they come out with products like the Xtreme and the X Utility iron (even when they aren't available to lefties yet, which both Chad and Harry thought was a mistake according to their responses on twitter). Plus their putter company, Odyssey, got the jump on the anchoring ruling quickly by offering a Kuchar-esque solution and the product to back it up...they have impressed me as of late.

Who cares if people agree with you? Its your opinion. Everyone is entitled to that.

I know. Everyone knows my opinion. So why elaborate if it isn't going to change anyone else's and their responses aren't gonna change mine?

I know. Everyone knows my opinion. So why elaborate if it isn't going to change anyone else's and their responses aren't gonna change mine?

I just don't see how color has to do with it. If TM thought it was 100% copying, there'd be a lawsuit, no?

I know your opinion about the green but you said it was about more than that. Please elaborate.

Call me ignorant but I don't.

Why throw it out there if you don't want to elaborate???

"They're doing a great job of mirroring TaylorMade. In the end, it will probably bring them success."

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

The "new" Callaway is working! I for one have never really looked there way in the past. But with the way they have been doing the full court press on the social media front, and the interview here with Harry they have made me start to look. I felt like if they were showing that level of commitment and passion to making a change, and clearly going public with where they want to go, it just seems like a success story waiting to unfold. Then they shot out the look of there new line of Xforged irons and I was hooked. Will also say that the way they have engaged themselves with the Morgan Cup has also made me want to look deeper into there various lines for upcoming equipment changes.

Back