Cobra AMP CELL Irons Preview

Looks like Jonas Blixt is testing these irons out today at TPC sawgrass.

I had to google who that was.

I saw some pictures on the web, I really like the look of the leading edge and sole. Has kind of the beveled edge to it, similar to the VRS Forged and the DPC. If those pics were of the real deal, then I might really like these irons.

I had to google who that was.

I saw some pictures on the web, I really like the look of the leading edge and sole. Has kind of the beveled edge to it, similar to the VRS Forged and the DPC. If those pics were of the real deal, then I might really like these irons.

I hope you are right. Those are two great irons you mentioned and I hope these are in the some category.

if given the opportunity, these will most likely be gamed by tyno for the Morgan Cup.

if given the opportunity, these will most likely be gamed by tyno for the Morgan Cup.
And a Bullfrog... They sure are sweet.

I think the coloring of the 2013 Cobra clubs is just another example of the customization regular golfers can now enjoy, it's awesome to be able to personalize and customize a club to your liking!

I got very lucky today, I stopped into Golfsmith and there was a Cobra rep on hand and no one around. I didn't expect him to have the 2013 line on hand but started a conversation with him and it turned out he had a Amp cell 7 iron. Needless to say I hit as many balls as I could with the family in tow. The iron falls in the SGI category as far as I am concerned. When talking to the rep, it sounds like it is replacing the AMP and the AMP forged is going to continue for 2013. With the stock set up I was hitting everything very high. I was indoors but had about 30 yards before the wall in front of me to get an idea of the height. Everthing was hitting the ceiling. I hit the AMP forged to compare and was getting my normal trajectory and hitting the top of the wall. They have far more offset than I expected. For the right person these seem like they are an improvement over the current AMP but with the stock set-up are likely not the best fit for my game. I do want to spend more time with them outdoors because with a lower launching shaft and some time to get used to the offset these could be just the ticket.

That's some interesting stuff for sure, goes to show how pictures don't always tell the whole story for sure.

That's some interesting stuff for sure, goes to show how pictures don't always tell the whole story for sure.

Not sure what I expected as I thought they would be more forgiving than the AMP forged but It falls far closer to the baffler line than I expected. With that said I am shocked how much I liked the AMP forged.

Not sure what I expected as I thought they would be more forgiving than the AMP forged but It falls far closer to the baffler line than I expected. With that said I am shocked how much I liked the AMP forged.

The forged were reeeeeally good both time I hit them with the Tours in there, a surprising one for me as well.

I got very lucky today, I stopped into Golfsmith and there was a Cobra rep on hand and no one around. I didn't expect him to have the 2013 line on hand but started a conversation with him and it turned out he had a Amp cell 7 iron. Needless to say I hit as many balls as I could with the family in tow. The iron falls in the SGI category as far as I am concerned. When talking to the rep, it sounds like it is replacing the AMP and the AMP forged is going to continue for 2013. With the stock set up I was hitting everything very high. I was indoors but had about 30 yards before the wall in front of me to get an idea of the height. Everthing was hitting the ceiling. I hit the AMP forged to compare and was getting my normal trajectory and hitting the top of the wall. They have far more offset than I expected. For the right person these seem like they are an improvement over the current AMP but with the stock set-up are likely not the best fit for my game. I do want to spend more time with them outdoors because with a lower launching shaft and some time to get used to the offset these could be just the ticket.

Very cool dude ! Glad you got to hit some from #teamgotime !

Very interesting, hearing that I may lean towards the AMP Forged a bit!

I got a text this past Wed. from my buddy at DSG. He has the new AMP Cell demo 7 iron. I ran over there ASAP after work. I liked the feel and the club looked great at address. I still favor my original AMP's. but I may need to get one out to the grass range and course.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

These look nice. Am skeptical only because I haven't really connected with any previous Cobra irons (just their hybrids and woods), but the classic look of these and some of the feedback on them has me interested.

I can't wait to try the Amp Pros in person, they look so good, I'm hoping I can actually use them!!!

Chunky response...

What shaft was in it if you remember?

Dynalite 90

That I am not sure of. Depends which irons I end up going with.

that'd be one colorful bag if you were given the option to mix/match colors in your irons.
somehow i think that won't be an option, but who knows?

my initial drawing board plan has me going with these in silver/white/basic/whatever they are.

that'd be one colorful bag if you were given the option to mix/match colors in your irons.
somehow i think that won't be an option, but who knows?

I'm not sure I would mix and match colors with the irons. Just go with one throughout. Right now I'd probably go silver or blue(big shock).

Back