Which wedge is the sand wedge?

The one that I use for that particular sand shot.

For me I can and do play all of my wedges out of the traps, it just depends on what kind of distance I need and depth of the trap I'm in.

Traditionally, yes, its the middle, but honestly for me it can be any wedge.

Same here. I have 52, 56 & 60. But usually it's my 56 I use for green side bunkers.

Used to use my PW (It used to be my only wedge) out of the bunker, then bought a cheap SW, and because of the cheap grip on it, hated it. Once I got my 56* I've been using that ever since. Once I get back out I'll see how my SW does with a better grip, but really I just feel comfortable with my 56* out of the bunker.

Like some have said, use whichever wedge you feel comfortable with out of the bunker. Who care's if it's a true SW, heck, use a 7i if that what is most comfortable

The one that I use for that particular sand shot.

For me I can and do play all of my wedges out of the traps, it just depends on what kind of distance I need and depth of the trap I'm in.

Traditionally, yes, its the middle, but honestly for me it can be any wedge.

This. I use my 50˚ for longer shots out of the sand sometimes.

I play the set up the OP is going with 50,54,58 in the J40. As far as bounce, there are so many optiona DJ some with zero bounce. The variable soles make wedges so versatile. Do your home work

I was going to recommend looking into some of the variable sole tech. I have experience with the J40s as well which I very much enjoy, but you should look at everything you can.

It's up to you. I used to have a 56* that I hated, and now I use my 60* to get out of bunkers. At least for me, having the extra loft helps my confidence in getting out of the trap

I think 56* is the norm. But...as seen in other posts I think its whatever makes you comfortable.

I'd personally use the 54, I'm a 56, 60 man and I think the 58 would dig too much like the 60 does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I went from 56/60 to 54/58 to keep the separation of degrees with new irons. I typically used 56 but now I am using both 54/58 depending on the shot I have in my head (in my head).

Just wondering what the bounce is on your 54 & 58. Thanks

I leave names out of it entirely and go simply by loft. Most of the time I use my 54*, but I will use my 60* if I want more heigh out of the sand. I occasionally do PW out of the sand if I want to pick it and run it.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

Anything 9-iron through lob wedge can be a, "sand" wedge. You should really choose clubs based upon filling gaps, not for use in a specific situation.

Seems to be a common theme, somewhere in the middle for a go to and then work to a comfort level with distance and type. I myself prefer my 60*, but just changed wedges and am getting much different results (then again it has only been one outing). To me it's based off of distance to target and if I want to push the ball or get under it.

I use the 56 but again I think it's what you are comfortable with.

Back