What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in a four man dog fight. Had a blast and won back more than I put in.

Hit a lrg bucket at the range. I've progressed with the Driver to about 150yds!!!! I'm happy with the progress.

So happy, that I'm gonna play a local muni 9 hole par 3 tomorrow! It'll be the first time I've been on a course since 1996.

My wife and I played an 18 hole tourney today. Fun day for sure!

Hit a large bucket at the range. Neither goodness nor anything that resembles a golf swing were there today.
Hit a few irons well, then driver & 3W somewhat decent & hybrids were fair. But for every stroke that looked like I'd ever done it before, there were several that looked like I was swinging oak limbs.

Took my PING Rapture V2 4 iron over the Golfsmith to hit on LM and walked away with a smile on face. Had not swung these in quite some time and forgot just how nice they felt. They look like shovels but feel like butta! This is one set that I can go on record and say I will be keeping forever. I am going to game them my next time out which hopefully will be next weekend.

Hit some irons at EW, then went to the Cascades and did some head to head for my irons vs some RBZ irons. Titleist won, bought a 910 3w to celebrate.

Hit a large bucket at the range. Neither goodness nor anything that resembles a golf swing were there today.
Hit a few irons well, then driver & 3W somewhat decent & hybrids were fair. But for every stroke that looked like I'd ever done it before, there were several that looked like I was swinging oak limbs.

Sounds like what my last 2 months have been like for me

Played 18 today, rained for 12 holes, my swing looked similar to what Mathew was describing.

Then I went to the driving range and hit 50, of course almost every one of them was long and straight with only about 3 fat shots that fell short, 1 thin shot that went where I wanted just barely got off the ground and one wicked heel shot off the driver.

If those 4 mistakes were all I made today on the actual round I would have probably shot a personal best.

Lessons can't come back soon enough for the mess I'm in right now.

I played 18 yesterday at Seminole Golf Course in Tallahassee. Started off playing pretty well for me. Good contact, no three putts, good chips and pitches. I was by myself and caught up to the two some in front of me while they were waiting on the foursome in front of them. We decided to join up and my tee shot was a scorcher, right down the middle of the fairway over the little pond on the seventh hole. Great, now these guys are going to think I'm a lot better than I am. I ended up just going downhill from there, hit or miss the rest of the round. Highlight of the day was a birdie of the par 5 13th. After a dismal tee shot and a second shot that squirted left towards the trees, the third shot was 191 out according to the GPS on the cart and I hit a 5i that ended up about 5 feet past the hole. I had played some in college, but just started playing again about six months ago, so birdies are pretty rare for me.

Played 18 today with my uncle. Walked the course in just under three hours.

KellyBo and I played nine holes with another couple at our club. Rain stopped us from moving on to the back side. Good ball striking day :thumb:

June 1996, I screwed my back up in a work related accident. Basically was told I would limp for the rest of my life and golf was out of the question.

Today, I walked and played 9 holes of a local city muni Par 3 course. Par'ed one hole and bogied 2 more for a 41. It wasn't pretty, but........

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 1996, I screwed my back up in a work related accident. Basically was told I would limp for the rest of my life and golf was out of the question.

Today, I walked and played 9 holes of a local city muni Par 3 course. Par'ed one hole and bogied 2 more for a 41. It wasn't pretty, but........

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now ya gonna have to change your name to GoodKarma! :D Congrats on hanging tough and not giving up on your dream :thumb:

My putting was atrocious yesterday so I hit a TON of putts on my birdie ball green today. Feeling better about my stroke.

Got new grips put onto my Tour Striker wedge and my regular 8 iron, but this time with 2 wraps underneath the grip. I've always wondered whether the grips that I was playing were too small, and I'm pretty handsy in my swing anyways. I used the online Lamkin fitting tool and it told me that I needed 3 wraps! I decided to go with 2 for now because it's halfway between a standard grip and midsize grip, and I can see how it goes from there. Those 2 clubs are my main winter practice clubs anyways, so it will be a nice little winter experiment.

Today I ordered some gloves to try out, worked on my takeaway using my chest/shoulders to turn back and my reach back drill.

I hung out in PGA SS for a few hours.

Played 18 while testing Chromax balls.

I hit 100 range balls trying to decide on what driver is taking permanent residence in my bag and the same for a 3W.

The sad thing is, a guy next to me was a HS golfer and hitting his 4i further than my 3w hahaha. Ohhhh to be in my teens and fully flexible again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back