I apologize in advance if this is a Debby Downer post.

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
I learned earlier this morning about how someone close to me is going through a real tough time right now. It has me thinking about how hard this time of year can be, that it can be a time of heightened emotions and bad decisions, and how bad things happen to people at the worst time possible. While many of us are fortunate and have been blessed there are others who are experiencing a very different Christmas season. If you are inclined to do so maybe take a moment to say a prayer for someone you don't know who isn't able to celebrate the joy of this holiday.

Sorry to hear about this. News like this only adds to the stress of the holiday season. I hope all turns out well. Good thoughts sent your way.

I'm sorry to hear of this! We take for granted that all will be going on as it has and don't realize the fragilness of life.

Well said. This time of year is joyous for some and incredibly difficult for others. Positive energy to all, especially those who are having struggles.

I dont think there is ever such a thing as a "good" time for something bad to happen. My thoughts and prayers are sincerely sent.

praying for the best.

Sorry to hear about it.

There is not a "good" time to go through bad times, but this time of year just heightens it when you or others you personally know are having a bad time, due to it being a really happy time, people spending more money than normal, kids showing up at school with new toys, tech, and gear. For those that can't celebrate in this manner, it just becomes more glaringly apparent and it hurts more because you want to be able to have your family, friends, and loved ones enjoy this time as well. I don't pass by a Salvation Army pot without dropping money in, and I give to several other events/charities as well. Mainly at this time of year and mainly for the reason stated above. i have been truly lucky and blessed in my life, so I cannot go through it without trying to share some of my good fortune as I am able.
Do what you can, while you can.

Done. I count my lucky stars everyday. Even my worse days are pretty damn good.

I learned earlier this morning about how someone close to me is going through a real tough time right now. It has me thinking about how hard this time of year can be, that it can be a time of heightened emotions and bad decisions, and how bad things happen to people at the worst time possible. While many of us are fortunate and have been blessed there are others who are experiencing a very different Christmas season. If you are inclined to do so maybe take a moment to say a prayer for someone you don't know who isn't able to celebrate the joy of this holiday.

I'm sorry to hear this as well but it is a solid reminder that taking time for prayer or a random act of kindness is always appreciated!

Thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about your friend. For many folks, the Holiday Season is not all that cheerful. Many have painful memories of Love ones leaving them behind, family members ill, close ones serving in hostile lands, so many things that goes on in everyday lives. Be thankful for what you have if you life is currently on cloud nine. If you're one of those on the painful side of life, give it up for the Guy in the Sky. Faith is a must in time of pain, sorrow and suffering.

Prayers up, Lord help.

Good thoughts coming your way!

I can relate, because this year has been a huge struggle with being laid off after being on my job over 34 years, and half a year of unemployment, and then getting a job for less than half my old income. Add to that onset of hip arthritis this year, and it's easy for me to just commiserate. I have been unable to play golf since midsummer, for both the health and financial reasons.

And yet, I am tremendously blessed - like an earlier poster, I have had a blessed life to now, and we will survive financially even if we have to give up some things. And the hip can be repaired and returned to near normalcy, hopefully when I build enough leave time to pursue that. I really like my lower paying job, and at my 6 month evaluation yesterday they told me they are very pleased with me and hope I stay. My son had my healthy 4th grandchild this year and gave him my name for his middle name. We got a new puppy last fall just before the troubles began, and he has been a total joy for us all year.

I guess my point is - hopefully you can impress on your friend that no matter how tough a time may be, there are always positives in your life, too, and those things are what one must focus on to keep from getting down about the bad parts. I will say a prayer for your friend and hope he weathers the rough patch.

I'm sorry you and your friend/family(or whoever it might be) are having issues, Frank. hopefully these can be resolved soon.

Last edited:
Prayers lifted for you and your friend tequila and all like him also. Some great advise has been offered in this thread and I hope you find some comfort here to share.

Thanks for all the kind words and the prayers. I appreciate the concern about me but honestly I am fine, other than being concerned about my sister.

Thoughts and Prayers being added to the many, and some very good points initially and throughout this thread.

Frank, I'm very saddened to hear about the struggles and sadness in you friends/ families lives. Try to stay strong and support her in the most appropriate way.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

We need to be thankful for what we have and pray for those that don't have it so well. Sending some prayers to those people.

Back