What is your (driver) swing speed?

Slow, probably less than 80 now. Last time I was on a launch monitor it was in the low 80's.

I just got my new driver 2 months ago and was at 94mph but what's cool is I'm only at 1800-1900 in spin so it's going straighter and farther!

The other day I was 118-122 mph.

Pretty consistently measured in the 98-100 range at my Golftown. On the course my drives go a consistent 250-260 carry. Loved having the drought this year (for tee shots only) b/c I'd get 50+yds roll and be driving it 300+ regularly lol. Then we got rain and back down to 250-280 :(

Love these threads.

Faster than Rory and Tiger. That's pretty impressive

Rory and Tiger have a controlled swing that they can (for the most part) use to put the ball where they want to. If Rory wanted to just flat out bomb it with no thought of control he could easily be in the 130-132 range. He might throw his back out or hit it with a 50 yard hook but he could definitely swing the club faster than his PGA average shows.

Love these threads.

Agreed. I would be interested in knowing the pros swing speeds with various clubs. Anyone know a thread or website that might know that? I was hitting a ton of 7irons yesterday (waiting for next Hobbit non-3d showing), and the had me about 78 with the normal (for me) carry of ~170 (with nearly every iron I hit, from my Pro Cavities on up the scale to every forged iron they had-only 2 to stick out were Rocketbladz-which I hated, and Mizuno MP-4H, which went an extra 10 yards and felt amazing).

2009-Tour-Averages.jpg

How about this?

These are fun threads. I have pretty good swing and do not track mph speed. Rather, I look at how much I hit in the middle... There are some folks crushing the ball, right on!

Found it on the google machine a couple years ago and saved it. Got lucky just now and found it before I had to upload it. I think it's interesting to see the LPGA numbers below and the difference in angle of attack vs the men.

Thanks Ary, didn't realize it was already 3 years old. It still gives an idea of club head speed

Agreed. I would be interested in knowing the pros swing speeds with various clubs. Anyone know a thread or website that might know that? I was hitting a ton of 7irons yesterday (waiting for next Hobbit non-3d showing), and the had me about 78 with the normal (for me) carry of ~170 (with nearly every iron I hit, from my Pro Cavities on up the scale to every forged iron they had-only 2 to stick out were Rocketbladz-which I hated, and Mizuno MP-4H, which went an extra 10 yards and felt amazing).

Also interesting that you can carry 7 irons 170 yards with a 78 mph swing speed whereas the PGA Tour guys average 90 mph and carry it 172 yards with their 7 irons. Seems to me something is fishy with one of those sets of numbers.

How come my initial reaction to most posts in threads like this is , "no you don't."

Guess I'm a weakling compared to everyone else. It's 94-95 mph on the simulator at the local golf shop. The guy who runs the place tells me it's amazing that I get it out there over 260 with that swing speed, but that's because I am always on the sweet spot, which is awful important. Outside on the course during the summer, I can knock it out there 260 occasionally but my normal drive is in the 240-250 range.

Also interesting that you can carry 7 irons 170 yards with a 78 mph swing speed whereas the PGA Tour guys average 90 mph and carry it 172 yards with their 7 irons. Seems to me something is fishy with one of those sets of numbers.

I was thinking the same. I wonder if I was misremembering and it was actually 88 (+ve that the last digit was an 8 nine of 10 times). I know I only ever look at their carry numbers b/c they always add nearly 10 yards of roll, and I promise you my 7 iron doesn't roll more than a few feet unless it gets a hard bounce. Seriously, I tested my 64° there and it added 7 yards of roll lol. I can't guarantee I'm misremembering, but my 7i is my 170 club, so must be. I'll pay better attention next time though.

How come my initial reaction to most posts in threads like this is , "no you don't."

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Som[/FONT]ething to do with many people claiming swing speeds that are tour average or above lol.

When I got fit for my 910D2 two years ago, I was at 112 pretty consistently on the monitor, which was after hitting about 30 balls before getting fit. So, today I would guess 112-115 would be about where I am at. When I did Mizuno's shaft optimizer this spring, and I had a 6 iron SS of 92 MPH.

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Som[/FONT]ething to do with many people claiming swing speeds that are tour average or above lol.

I think it is a mixture of poor information and over estimating capabilities. I do truly believe that most folders don't hit the ball as far as they think they do. Same with swing speed.

Back