Adams Speedline Super S Driver - THP Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Speedline Super S is one of the two drivers that Adams has just announced. This is the driver I'd consider the higher spin/more forgiving of the two. The aerodynamic shape is quite similar to both the Speedline Tech and Speedline Fast 12.

*The loft is adjustable from 9.5° to 11.5° in 1° increments.
*Features Velocity Slot Tech
*Stock shaft is the 50g Matrix Radix S.
*460cc
*Stock length is 46"

Never actually had a white driver in my possession before. It's a pretty sharp looking club in person if you ask me.

DSCN1884-L.jpg

DSCN1885-L.jpg

DSCN1889-L.jpg

DSCN1892-L.jpg

DSCN1898-L.jpg

DSCN1900-L.jpg

DSCN1897-L.jpg

The headcover is very interesting. Quite similar to what we saw on the Cleveland Classic. A little more substantial, but essentially the same idea.
DSCN1901-L.jpg

Last thing I wasted to highlight was the way that the loft is displayed on the club. The loft itself is on the tip of the shaft adapter and shows through a window on the hosel. Pretty cool idea.

DSCN1886-L.jpg

DSCN1887-L.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very interested to hit these drivers. If they are as deep faced as the pictures seem. Then I will be interested. I really like my Fast 12. So I am intrigued if Adams improved on it.

i smell burner 2.0.

• Staff
I'm very interested to hit these drivers. If they are as deep faced as the pictures seem. Then I will be interested. I really like my Fast 12. So I am intrigued if Adams improved on it.

i smell burner 2.0.

From the top I can see a resemblance to the BSF 2.0, but the shape is very much a Speedline shape when you turn it over.

BG, the face on this one isn't much deeper than what I remember the Tech or Fast 12 being.

I'm assuming you can interchange the shafts Hawk?

From the top I can see a resemblance to the BSF 2.0, but the shape is very much a Speedline shape when you turn it over.

BG, the face on this one isn't much deeper than what I remember the Tech or Fast 12 being.

ooh. you said it's adjustable in 1* increments. does changing the loft change how open or closed the face is? and does it only come in 1 loft?

• Staff
I actually like this. A lot, I think. Love the adjustability on the lofts. I need to hit this.

ooh. you said it's adjustable in 1* increments. does changing the loft change how open or closed the face is? and does it only come in 1 loft?

There is only one driver being listed as 10.5° (+-1°), so yes it only comes as one loft. I'm assuming the face angle does change as well.

Looks like a SF 2.0, Burner 3.0 (DSG one), and Speedline Tech spent the night in the room and made a love child. Be interesting to see some of the results for this thing. Minus the graphics I really like the look of this driver.

Looking forward to your feedback on this one Hawk.
_

Looks like a SF 2.0, Burner 3.0 (DSG one), and Speedline Tech spent the night in the room and made a love child. Be interesting to see some of the results for this thing. Minus the graphics I really like the look of this driver.

:laughing:

Sonofa

That's a sharp looking driver!

Meh on this one. Not as good as the LS IMO. Not terrible though. I like the headcover though.

I don't mind the looks as long as it performs. I'm excited to give this club a few swings.

Very nice looking drivers and like the design and adjustable lofts. Looking forward to the review.

It certainly looks like a classic Adams as far as overall head shape goes. But at address it looks like the Burner 4.0.

I really like the loft showing through the hosel. very cool touch.

I really like the loft showing through the hosel. very cool touch.

I thought that was very cool as well. I've got it set to 11.5° at the moment. I know I should be seeing a closed face with that setting, but it's not really noticeable to me.

I thought that was very cool as well. I've got it set to 11.5° at the moment. I know I should be seeing a closed face with that setting, but it's not really noticeable to me.

Why do you think that is?

Maybe because it's only 1°. Hell, maybe I'm just setting it back to square subconsciously too. I really don't know to be honest lol. I'll try to get some address pictures to put up here in the various settings.

Maybe because it's only 1°. Hell, maybe I'm just setting it back to square subconsciously too. I really don't know to be honest lol. I'll try to get some address pictures to put up here in the various settings.

hhahahaha. This is my guess. I had the Cleveland HiBore draw 3 years ago. Couldn't figure out what why I was still hitting a fade/slice for the life of me. A buddy of mine who was very very good at the time pointed out that I was dropping my hands and adjusting my grip at address to make it look conventional hahahaha.

Back