Waterlefe Golf and River Club Review, Bradenton FL

Nice photos and write up WAR....looks like a tough course.

Great review of a stunning looking golf course War! I bet you guys had an absolute blast out there.

Ok, think I fixed some of the pictures on the front 9. Let me know if they still arent showing.

ya man they are good now such a nice course man yall are lucky down in that area and the prices dont seem too bad thas what sucks about out here in hawaii and where i used to live in fl the prices are all high priced tourist prices

Great pictures Ryan, I had a blast with you and JB and the 4th guy we picked up was a good guy as well. I completely lost it on the back, but enjoyed my round anyway. I shot a 42/45 for a 87. I played to well to shoot a 42 on the front, and I played way too poorly too shoot a 45 on the back. I really want to play the course again.

I think this course inspired a career change for me. I really want to live in one of the houses with a boat lift in the back yard overlooking the course. I really can't think of a cooler place to live.

I shot an 40/44; 84 today. I fell apart on the back 9 a bit, but held it together and didn't hit the big numbers, nothing higher than a bogey. The greens were rolling quick, and I had a downhill putt seemingly on every hole!

We played the blues today, which was around 6,600 yards. Pace of play was fine, even with a frost delay this morning. The only time we ran in to slow play was on #14,which is a par 5 that most try to reach in two. It cleared up after that hole again.

These pics are from my phone.

That's good playing from those tees at that course.

Nice pics too - I need to get into the habit of snapping pics when I play courses.

78 from the blues. 39 and 39. Course moved along pretty well.

Wow - 78, that is serious scoring there. Well done.

I really enjoy Waterlefe, I like to play there a few times/year.

DD,
Definitely remember to take pictures. We give away a prize every month for course reviews. There is a sticky thread at the top of this section about it.

Thanks War for documenting this course during our round. I enjoyed this golf course so much I am already looking at seeing when I can play it again.

Thanks War for documenting this course during our round. I enjoyed this golf course so much I am already looking at seeing when I can play it again.

It really is an incredible course. The river club side of things provides such an incredible backdrop for the course. #18 could be one of the most beautiful finishing holes on a course that I have played.

I will be back down there in the near future. That is a course my dad has to play.

Good looking course, thanks for the pics and write up.

DD,
Definitely remember to take pictures. We give away a prize every month for course reviews. There is a sticky thread at the top of this section about it.

I will do my best. I'm playing Palma Ceia this week, then of course Sarasota National, and then Streamsong Blue in mid-January. So I NEED to do this!

I will do my best. I'm playing Palma Ceia this week, then of course Sarasota National, and then Streamsong Blue in mid-January. So I NEED to do this!

Take pictures of Palma Ceia! That's one course I've never had the chance to play in the Tampa area and I'd love to see a review of it. Just as a heads up, I don't believe they have a full length driving range on property. It might be irons only?

I am definitely going to have to get out to this one again some time.

Great pics War... Thanks... Looks like a great course

Take pictures of Palma Ceia! That's one course I've never had the chance to play in the Tampa area and I'd love to see a review of it. Just as a heads up, I don't believe they have a full length driving range on property. It might be irons only?

I think you are correct about the range. I played there once a few years back (summer time) prior to the renovations. I'm looking forward to the round, I hear the greens are very fast these days.

I'm taking my dad back down to this course tomorrow for his christmas present, I think he is going to love it.

BEAUTY! What a nice looking course. Great job on the writeup also Ryan.

I'm taking my dad back down to this course tomorrow for his christmas present, I think he is going to love it.
Damn, wish I was able to join you guys. What time are y'all playing?

My father and I played this course bright and early this morning. We had a great time, and I thoroughly enjoyed the course yet again. It is definitely one of the tougher courses I've played, there is trouble around every bend. On the 15 hole (par 3 along the river) my dad pulled out his phone for a picture from the green. He said he was sending it to my mom to show her where they were moving in 2013. I think he was a bit impressed with the setting of the course.

My father and I played this course bright and early this morning. We had a great time, and I thoroughly enjoyed the course yet again. It is definitely one of the tougher courses I've played, there is trouble around every bend. On the 15 hole (par 3 along the river) my dad pulled out his phone for a picture from the green. He said he was sending it to my mom to show her where they were moving in 2013. I think he was a bit impressed with the setting of the course.
Glad your dad enjoyed Waterlefe! Such a beauty of a course. How many times did someone say during our round last weekend, "I want to live here." The River Club part of the Club makes it just an absolute beautiful area.

Great write up Ryan. Well done with the picture taking as well. Looks like a heck of a challenging course with water literally everywhere! I will have to make my way in that direction one of these days. Thanks for sharing!

Back