2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lofts on my DPCs are the same as my r11s. I had them all bent at least 2* strong

I did the same thing when I went to the DPC's from 2.0's Freddie, no issues at all.

Rhino, I plan on leaving the lofts alone with the set that I get, they are close enough I don't want to mess with them

The lofts on my DPCs are the same as my r11s. I had them all bent at least 2* strong

I am glad you posted this Freddie... this is my big question. I am now used to the distances and feel of my r11s I am wonder just how much of a difference 2* of loft will make. Or should I just have the Bridgestone irons bent to match the r11s?

I am glad you posted this Freddie... this is my big question. I am now used to the distances and feel of my r11s I am wonder just how much of a difference 2* of loft will make. Or should I just have the Bridgestone irons bent to match the r11s?

With the KBS tours I still get a nice high ball flight. I wouldn't give it a second thought, match up those lofts.

Rhino, I plan on leaving the lofts alone with the set that I get, they are close enough I don't want to mess with them

I will leave mine alone too Bradd, I will adapt the top and bottom of my bag to make up for any large gaps, if I need to.

How many MC participants will be working with a professional on their swing via lessons and instruction?

How many MC participants will be working with a professional on their swing via lessons and instruction?
That is definitely in the plans early in the 2013 golf season. I'm due as it's been a while since I've gotten things checked out. I need some issues finally addressed and officially ironed out as well.

Already been doing it for a couple of years, no reason to stop now.

I've had two lessons. I started on the 7th and had my second one was on the 21st. I've never had a lesson before and, man, what a difference it has made in such a short amount of time. What's really cool is my instructor talked about getting me and tnolan out on the course together and work on "course management." How you approach different shots, giving advice on certain situations. I can probably speak for both of us when I say we're pretty excited about doing that.

I probably won't take more than 4 or 5. He's been real good about tweaking just a couple of things and working with my natural swing and not trying to change a ton. I appreciate that because I feel much more confident when I am going to the range now.

I've decided to use the Morgan Cup to, for the first time, really improve my game. I've already seen big results and am excited to see my swing and game continue to evolve.

I've got plans to work on some things early in the golf season with my pro. Fine tuning though, I'm not making any changesz especially not before July

Rhino - I plan in getting fitted again and will go with the recommendation
Same here, I'll go with what the fitting shows me!!!
I've started with our local pro and will just continue. Need to even ramp it up!

Unless my swing takes a drastic turn for the worst, I don't see myself with my pro. But you never know at this point

Already been doing it for a couple of years, no reason to stop now.

Likewise, I have been working for the last 8 months or so, just going to keep refining and getting better. Also my new SoCal THP support group will keep me sharp heading to the MC. :D

I plan on a getting at least a 3 lesson package this spring.

I am planning on it. Trying to figure out something for the winter but at a minimum I will spend some time with my club pro this spring.

This guy, at least a 10 lesson package if not more, hope to start some time in late Jan.

Me. Already started before Christmas with one swing lesson and one on-course lesson, and received a 5-lesson pack for Christmas.

Nice bonus is this professional has a heated learning center which opens onto the driving range, and includes a Trackman.

MerryChristmas to my MC buddies! Travelling time is busy but were a week away from paying installment #2! Cant wait!

I still have 2 lessons with my pro at golftec, I'll be continuing when those run out. Although I think my swing is getting close, I don't see any further major swing changes coming up. Time to start dialing it in and working on my short game.

Definitely pondering it. There is a golftec in Detroit but that's a bit of a drive. Golf Galaxy has a pro too but I'm pondering

I am, got a few sessions with Golftec, just have to get them lined up.
You have the tour 90s in your j40 irons?

I'll answer for him. He has the Kbs tours in his, I have the tour 90s in mine.

I will. I've already worked out a friendly deal with a buddy of mine that is an Assistant Pro at our work. I'm going to trust him to help me do whatever it takes to improve but hope it's only minor changes. I've been meaning to start them already but have been crazy with the holidays amongst other things. Hopefully we'll start just after the first of the year.

I started taking lessons this summer when I returned to golfing.
I plan to continue on a bi monthly plan as long as I can.

It's been more of a swing overhaul than I'd imagined but I'm finally starting to feel a little more confident in it. I didn't play great last weekend but my ball striking was improved even from only a few weeks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back