Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

Definitely going to be looking to try the cally lineup when these all drop. Look sharp and really interested in how I can get along with them.

I like them but I would have really preferred to see a "cleaner" look without all the color. Imagine these as a bigger, more forgiving version of the 2013 X Forged; still as shiny, buttery looking.

I like them but I would have really preferred to see a "cleaner" look without all the color. Imagine these as a bigger, more forgiving version of the 2013 X Forged; still as shiny, buttery looking.

I don't disagree completely, but I think it was smart of Callaway to diversify the lineup a little. For some reason not every loves the beauty in the simple clean irons such as the X Forged. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of the X hot pros. Address is all the really matters to me in the long run.

I agree with having a cleaner look but after looking around at other club companies, Callaway is one of the nicer looking clubs.

Some really good looking sticks there. Cally is bringing the heat!

The Pros look really nice and clean. Callaway has always been a distance type iron, but these have a real player look to them.

Just saw the specs on these:
X Hot 7 iron - 30* loft
X Hot Pro 7 iron - 31* loft

Holy strong loft. No wonder they're claiming it's longer.

X Hot 7 iron - 30* loft

I think all companies are going to far with lofts. By the time I buy a full set, I have to purchase another 4 wedges to cover the gap.

Similar to Burner 2.0 actually.

I want to hit the X Hit Pro irons in a bad, bad way.

X Hot 7 iron - 30* loft

I think all companies are going to far with lofts. By the time I buy a full set, I have to purchase another 4 wedges to cover the gap.

Its all about the launch, not the loft. Numbers on clubs are determined by launch.

I digress though, that conversation has been had many-a-time.

I want to hit the pro's and the X-Forged. I'm about a stiff breeze from ending up an all Callaway'er this year.

I was just about to say that, I have a buddy that plays Rocketballz irons.....his 6iron is 26*...my 6iron is 28*...heck my 5iron is 25*...so stronger lofts is something Taylormade has been doing for awhile!

The X Hot Pros look amazing....if they are anything like the Razr X Tours they will be awesome. The PX 95 flighted is a very interesting stock shaft. Unfortunately I have to play graphite, so I hope Cally offers some quality custom options.

Its all about the launch, not the loft. Numbers on clubs are determined by launch.

I digress though, that conversation has been had many-a-time.

I want to hit the pro's and the X-Forged. I'm about a stiff breeze from ending up an all Callaway'er this year.
I agree, and can understand that's likely why they want to a different groove and lighter shaft to generate more spin. Throwing in aftermarket iron shafts would in all likelihood change the launch characteristics. I would prefer a heavier shaft with characteristics to tighten dispersion. Different strokes for different folks.

I was thinking about this, and they really are. My problem with the Burner's is that they didn't generate enough backspin. While the iron number may be designated by launch angle the biggest contributor to backspin is loft. I guess I'm just surprised the 'Pro' selection went the route of GI irons.

I was thinking about this, and they really are. My problem with the Burner's is that they didn't generate enough backspin. While the iron number may be designated by launch angle the biggest contributor to backspin is loft. I guess I'm just surprised the 'Pro' selection went the route of GI irons.

I think that is why they offer other lines. The forged line would be a little more traditional in terms of launch and loft I would imagine. By keeping these sets similar in loft numbers, they add the ability to do mixed sets with little bending.

[video=youtube;WnwQ-qB2QrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnwQ-qB2QrE[/video]

There's one thing that has been off putting for me with regard to Callaway irons in the X series, except for the forged: the round leading edge. I just don't like it. It's a mental thing, but we all know that's where issues begin. Anyway, I'll give them a try at a demo day if possible.

Very interesting to hear that the Uni-flex shafts are gone. Guess i'm going through a fitting for new shafts then!!

I think that is why they offer other lines. The forged line would be a little more traditional in terms of launch and loft I would imagine. By keeping these sets similar in loft numbers, they add the ability to do mixed sets with little bending.

The interesting thing is the PW and 3 iron are both only 1 degree stronger than my J38's, but the other irons are as much as 3 degrees stronger.

Really gonna have to look at the x forged and xhot pros. I am with a lot of guys and will be pretty much a Callaway homer from now on. Time to sell the mizzys and get me some Callaway love. Some serious pondering coming up this next year...

I will be giving these a demo session or two when I can but the lofts have me wondering. Not sure till I hit them.

Could it be? I'm finally going to say this. If given them the chance I would love to hit the X-Hot Pro irons. I have been slowly turning my dislike of Callaway around as of late and these are another step in the right direction.

I am looking forward to getting my hands on these soon.

I am looking forward to getting my hands on these soon.

I bet. These intrigue me and have honestly even taken my mind off the xforged a little bit. They have my FULL attention.

Back