garmin 1 vs. bushnell neo gps watchs

99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
Pondering between these two both have similar features any imput or suggestions??

Yeah but the 3 is $150 more than what i want to spend..

I just got the s1 for Xmas. I was taking practice swings outside and I gotta say I'm not so much a fan of the feel on my wrist, feels bulky. Now granted I don't ever wear watches so maybe that's it but it bothers me. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. It's going back mañana.

Been comparing these two models for a week now still not sure maybe hold off till spring maybe something better coming up?Still the price point being between 200 -150 is a deal.

Sorry I haven't tried both. I liked the Bushnell quite a bit though. Very simple device and I actually really liked that it was a watch. Nothing really beats it from a pure convenience standpoint.

I have always been interested in these...but I cant seem to wear a watch and play golf

I've had the Garmin S1 for 1 1/2 years now and gotten plenty of use out of it throughout New England while also using it on trips to Arizona, Carolina and Florida. I hadn't worn a wristwatch since I was a kid, didn't like the feel on my wrist, but I really liked the idea of a GPS attached and handy, so I went with it and it has worked great for me. You don't have to worry about leaving it in the golf cart by mistake and it's simple to use with something like 13,000 preloaded courses. I've never played a course that it couldn't locate. My only complaint is that every now and then on certain courses, including some that I play fairly often, the yardage on the same one or two holes is inaccurate by a large distance, 50 to 100 yards. Those holes must have been mapped wrong for the GPS. I would like to have the upgraded S3 because it gives you the distance to hazards and the turn point of doglegs, but I'm not going to spring for $300 more when this one works fine.

Back