Adams Speedline Super LS Driver - THP Preview

I am a function over form guy but dang I hate the graphics...

FWIW I hated them too, but I honestly don't even notice it on the hybo's now, and that shocks me really.

Looks a lot like the pics I've seen of the new Taylormade drivers. Oh wait, who bought Adams :D...

I'm not a huge fan of graphics on the crown but if it performs than I don't care. You can always paint over the graphics. The adjustability on this driver is very interesting. I will have to check this one out when it hits stores. I keep saying I'm not getting a new driver this year but it's going to be real tough come springtime.

I am a function over form guy but dang I hate the graphics...

FWIW I hated them too, but I honestly don't even notice it on the hybo's now, and that shocks me really.

Looks a lot like the pics I've seen of the new Taylormade drivers. Oh wait, who bought Adams :D...

I'm not a huge fan of graphics on the crown but if it performs than I don't care. You can always paint over the graphics. The adjustability on this driver is very interesting. I will have to check this one out when it hits stores. I keep saying I'm not getting a new driver this year but it's going to be real tough come springtime.

I'm not going to argue the comments on the color or graphics for sure. I've never really liked the white drivers from an aesthetic standpoint. I'm going to let that all go for the review though.

I'll say a couple things about this one in the short time I've been testing it.

-The adjustability is pretty cool to me and I haven't even jumped very far into it at this point.

-I only had a brief time to look at some numbers while hitting it, but what I saw was very good. It was also very easy for me to pick up and hit the sweet spot with the first time, which I can't say about every driver I've hit in the last year.

So one has an alignment aid and one doesn't ?

I think this might be my new driver. The way they show the loft possibly sealed the deal. Yes, I am that shallow

I think this might be my new driver. The way they show the loft possibly sealed the deal. Yes, I am that shallow

hahaahah. First step to recovery is admission

So one has an alignment aid and one doesn't ?

The LS has a very light gray alignment aid. The lighting in the pics just makes it appear invisible I think. I always hate it, but I have to do photos inside right now and the artificial light makes small details harder to see.

You should do it Chunky. We can break our white driver embargo together.

The LS has a very light gray alignment aid. The lighting in the pics just makes it appear invisible I think. I always hate it, but I have to do photos inside right now and the artificial light makes small details harder to see.

Thanks for the info my man. Completely understand. Just glad that it does have one. I find tend to like drivers much more with one. Only one I have actually hit without one that I liked was last years cally fit.

Thanks for the info my man. Completely understand. Just glad that it does have one. I find tend to like drivers much more with one. Only one I have actually hit without one that I liked was last years cally fit.

The funny thing is that I wasn't really sure when you asked lol. Goes to show everybody is different because many times I don't even notice.

The funny thing is that I wasn't really sure when you asked lol. Goes to show everybody is different because many times I don't even notice.

Very true. Some people could care less. I find it does help when I try to work the ball. It helps me set my hands up.

You should do it Chunky. We can break our white driver embargo together.

I will throw a few swings with the white Hawk. But most likely this would go to Continental and get matted. White just screams flashy to me and quite honestly I don't want anyone looking at me on the golf course lol

I will throw a few swings with the white Hawk. But most likely this would go to Continental and get matted. White just screams flashy to me and quite honestly I don't want anyone looking at me on the golf course lol

hahaha. Yes, I know that feeling well. I've sort of got used to playing things that people look at. The first round I played with strangers at my club was with the AMP driver and I'm pretty sure I went out and shot a 95 or something like that.

Of the two, this one is a bit more appealing to me...I seem to be gravitating to drivers with a deeper face of late and have been doing some homework on different shaft technology that might fit my game. Will be following along hawk to hear more about the Kuro and how you feel this offering compares to the classic that seems to be in everyone's bag...

Of the two, this one is a bit more appealing to me...I seem to be gravitating to drivers with a deeper face of late and have been doing some homework on different shaft technology that might fit my game. Will be following along hawk to hear more about the Kuro and how you feel this offering compares to the classic that seems to be in everyone's bag...

Man, the deep face is definitely appealing to me coming from the Classic. It's funny because everything seems shallow coming from that big old thing. The Kuro felt nice to me during the short time I hit it. I know nothing about the shaft, but it seems to be something I can work with.

If there is one thing you can count on with Adams is top notch shaft pairings.

Man, the deep face is definitely appealing to me coming from the Classic. It's funny because everything seems shallow coming from that big old thing. The Kuro felt nice to me during the short time I hit it. I know nothing about the shaft, but it seems to be something I can work with.

I'm going to go test the classic after work today at golf town after all the good things I've read over in that thread... Curious to hear the similarities/differences you find the the 2 both with shaft performance and with overall results.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

The white with the gray on it doesnt bother me as much as other white drivers do.

Agreed. I'm no fan of crown graphics and while these graphics are large, i dont find them nearly as annoying as small dots or squares along the edges of clubs. That said, I REALLY want to get my hands on this driver.

Just did a little reading on the Kuro Kage out of curiosity.

Firmer butt section
Softer mid section
Soft tip tection

The tip section doesn't sound like it's as soft as the Kua in the Classic. From the way it sounds, it's designed to have a more even flex profile, which should result in a smooth feel. I'll say that I did get that sense while swinging it the other day. Launch is supposed to be mid. My feeling was that it didn't seem overly stiff and I was right around 98-100mph that day.

Just did a little reading on the Kuro Kage out of curiosity.

Firmer butt section
Softer mid section
Soft tip tection

The tip section doesn't sound like it's as soft as the Kua in the Classic. From the way it sounds, it's designed to have a more even flex profile, which should result in a smooth feel. I'll say that I did get that sense while swinging it the other day. Launch is supposed to be mid. My feeling was that it didn't seem overly stiff and I was right around 98-100mph that day.

Did you notice a mid trajectory? Have had limited experience with the Speedline series but for me they seemed to launch a bit more flat than the 910 I game.

Did you notice a mid trajectory? Have had limited experience with the Speedline series but for me they seemed to launch a bit more flat than the 910 I game.

I've only hit it on a launch monitor indoors at this point. I'll get some more info soon though.

Nice stuff Hawkster! I may not care for the white but to me Adams has always put out some of the best drivers around, legitimately.

Well, I think this looks fantastic. Great reading up on it as well. Definitely one to keep an eye out for this year.

The whole package they provide is pretty awesome. The headcover and then the little leather pouch with the adjustment accessories. Very nice touch that left me feeling a little different than I normally do when unboxing a driver.

Back