2013 New Years Resolutions

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new year is right around the corner and that usually means that people set new goals for themselves. How did you do last year on your resolutions? What are you looking to change this year?

I don't do them. Just never have and probably never will. I do need to work on this beer gut, but I'm not about to start working out when all the other people do lol.

I didn't have one last year.. This year I would like to get my handicap down to at least a 15. It's hard to get out and play a lot with two small kids but we shall see how it goes!!

I'm not a big fan of new years resolutions. Between getting my golf game ready for the MC and getting married in July, my plate is kinda full.

My resolution last year was to not make any resolutions, which I succeeded in, however loking back may not have been a great idea...

That being said; my resolutions for this year are as follows:
1) Work out/physical activity 3 times per week (no excuses, need to get the weight back off)
2) Take a family vacation/propose to my girlfriend (shhh... don't tell her!)
3) Find a new job that is satisfying, rewarding, and financially lucrative
4) Play/practice golf at least twice per week
5) Make it to a THP event

My resolution is to really focus on the little things this year. I'm not very good at it, and I need to be better.

Play golf AT LEAST once a week. With the baby and everything this year didn't get to play much. And just as important to me is getting to AT LEAST 1 THP outing / invitational this year.

I'm not a big fan of new years resolutions. Between getting my golf game ready for the MC and getting married in July, my plate is kinda full.

I like NYR are kinda lame too, but will do something small to try to be better in life. This year, I'm gonna work on not texting/surfing while driving.

i say every year that i need to start some sort of "workout regime"...
never do though...

but honestly, i think this year might be different. i am actually starting to notice a difference in my gut and some pants are either starting to shrink or not fit very well for some other reason.

My wife informed me yesterday that she is going on a diet and by that she means the entire house is going on a diet. So, I guess that's been made for me.

Try harder in school. I don't do bad now, but I also don't put as much as I should into it. Really need to get my life together in that aspect.

My 2013 resolution is to travel on a plane more than once. Ideally step foot in Florida without driving there is the end goal.

Dramamine shall be my friend.

Do a full cycle of insanity and finally get down to 190.

Simple and non fluff filled, ya like that?

Handicap sub 2, lose about 10lbs

Goal #1-Be less fatter
Goal #2-More range time, less on course time
Goal #3-More time with my kids, less golf
Goal #4-Find new job and buy new home

Goal #1-Be less fatter
Goal #2-More range time, less on course time
Goal #3-More time with my kids, less golf
Goal #4-Find new job and buy new home
Goal #5-Open International Chutting Institute

Fixed it for you

Last year was to stay committed to my workouts. I did very well until we moved to a new city. I just called my insurance company to see if they participate in the silver sneakers program. They start this coverage in 2013 and if the gym I am eyeballing is on their list, I'm signing up! So my goal for 2013 is to stay as healthy and fit as possible.

Well, I go to the gym regularly. Need to just keep on the same path in that regard.

I'm seriously committing to golf this year. Definitely a worthy resolution for me. I've said for a year or so that I'm going to do GolfTEC but have never committed to doing so. I'm going to do it in February. I want to just become a much more consistent golfer. Need to take that next step!

Need to finish my Masters this year as well.

These are truly good ones. I would suggest though that you make the marriage first priority of these two though. It will increase the chances that you will have genuine support to go play golf past July. Ha!

Last year was to stay committed to my workouts. I did very well until we moved to a new city. I just called my insurance company to see if they participate in the silver sneakers program. They start this coverage in 2013 and if the gym I am eyeballing is on their list, I'm signing up! So my goal for 2013 is to stay as healthy and fit as possible.

Great goals OG! I'm not looking for silver sneakers yet but I am shopping around for some ballroom dancing lessons for my wife and I.

My goals are similar in that I want to stay committed to maintain my physical fitness. In 2012 I did pretty well with this and in 2013 I want to include more flexibility into my fitness plans.
Other goals include debt retirement, qualify for at least one national USGA tournament, improve my putting average to less than 30 putts per round, improve my GIR average to 10 plus, improve my scrambling game so that I get up-and-down to 60 + percent of the time, and finally to increase my average drive distance by 15 yards.

2013 here we come!

I'm making a life change this year.I'm going to be happy with what I have. No more wanting more from people, situation or happening than what has been presented. And continue not sweat the small stuff.

I'm making a life change this year.I'm going to be happy with what I have. No more wanting more from people, situation or happening than what has been presented. And continue not sweat the small stuff.

Made a concerted effort to do the same thing this past year and I couldnt be happier. It was a really great and joy filled year for me and my family. Hope it brings the same to you my friend.

Great goals OG! I'm not looking for silver sneakers yet but I am shopping around for some ballroom dancing lessons for my wife and I.

My goals are similar in that I want to stay committed to maintain my physical fitness. In 2012 I did pretty well with this and in 2013 I want to include more flexibility into my fitness plans.
Other goals include debt retirement, qualify for at least one national USGA tournament, improve my putting average to less than 30 putts per round, improve my GIR average to 10 plus, improve my scrambling game so that I get up-and-down to 60 + percent of the time, and finally to increase my average drive distance by 15 yards.

2013 here we come!

I've played golf with ya and know all those goals can be achieved. You my friend have one of those God given golf swings :thumb:. Sic em like a hound dog treeing a coon and your 2013 dreams will come true :blob:

Well, last years resolution was to stop smoking and lost weight..............well, I did stop smoking..........so I get half credit...right?

This year.....I am going to try and focus on one thing.....losing weight.

Back