Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! The Nets just fired Avery Johnson. I like this move for them a lot because Avery Johnson just wasn't doing anything for them. They have way too much talent to lose 10 of their last 13 games.

Yes! The Nets just fired Avery Johnson. I like this move for them a lot because Avery Johnson just wasn't doing anything for them. They have way too much talent to lose 10 of their last 13 games.

After the DW comments, I am not surprised. Although listening to DW over the years, I am wondering if he likes any coaches.

After the DW comments, I am not surprised. Although listening to DW over the years, I am wondering if he likes any coaches.

Yeah. He can seriously be a pain. Maybe if they start winning he'll shut his trap.

Yeah. He can seriously be a pain. Maybe if they start winning he'll shut his trap.

It was kind of funny listening to him praise Jerry Sloan based on his history there.

The Nets suck and are horribly coached.

I'm thinking Kobe does everything he can today to make sure they don't lose.

I must admit. I'm not a Hawks fan per se, and I rarely watch basketball. With that said, Danny Ferry should get the NBA GM of the Year award this season for finding someone to take Joe Johnson's contract. You will have trouble finding anyone in Atlanta that was sorry to see him go.

I must admit. I'm not a Hawks fan per se, and I rarely watch basketball. With that said, Danny Ferry should get the NBA GM of the Year award this season for finding someone to take Joe Johnson's contract. You will have trouble finding anyone in Atlanta that was sorry to see him go.

Pretty much spot-on. I can't believe we're stuck with it.

What a way to send a game into overtime, Collison one foot three pointer on a broken play.

What a way to send a game into overtime, Collison one foot three pointer on a broken play.

I was about to post about that. Wow. Crazy.

The Thunder just stole one. Played badly all game but managed to overcome Collison's miracle for a win in OT.

Dirk looked old out there for the first time I've been watching him play.

You can tell he needs to get his sea legs under him, Nate, he did not remind me of a healthy Dirk at all. They were all out of sorts and still could have won that game.

He looked lost out there, which surprised me a lot. Haven't seen much of Dirk like that before.

You can tell he needs to get his sea legs under him, Nate, he did not remind me of a healthy Dirk at all. They were all out of sorts and still could have won that game.

He looked like he was going at 50% at best.

So apparently DWade is suspended for kicking Ramon Sessions in the nads. Sadly I can't say it's not expected.

So apparently DWade is suspended for kicking Ramon Sessions in the nads. Sadly I can't say it's not expected.

Claims it was in reaction to the prior contact. Almost like he was going to
Flop and changed his mind

What is with people kicking people in sports, Dwade...Suh in the NFL...you arent soccer players guys so lets keep your feet to yourselves.

BTW the Clippers are looking strong this year - LA's new winning team? I think so...

Finally - There is a less than zero chance Phil Jackson even considers coming out of retirement to coach the Brooklyn Nets, are they serious putting his name out as a target? C'mon man.

After the Avery Johnson firing yesterday I officially don't understand the NBA at all, how do you go from the best coach one month to fired there after???

After the Avery Johnson firing yesterday I officially don't understand the NBA at all, how do you go from the best coach one month to fired there after???

Because your team with a ton of talent goes 3-10 over a stretch of 13 games.

Of course Phil won't coach the Nets. He only coaches teams that have the current best player on the planet. Hehe.

Because your team with a ton of talent goes 3-10 over a stretch of 13 games.

Of course Phil won't coach the Nets. He only coaches teams that have the current best player on the planet. Hehe.
Wow, and I thought College Football Coaches needed to watch over their shoulders, aren't they still .500 and could make the playoffs with that kind of record.

This will show my lack of knowledge a bit, but besides lopez and williams who do they have?

Wow, and I thought College Football Coaches needed to watch over their shoulders, aren't they still .500 and could make the playoffs with that kind of record.

This will show my lack of knowledge a bit, but besides lopez and williams who do they have?

Yeah they're at .500 but IMO they have talent to be top 3 in the East. Aside from those two they start Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and Kris Humphries. They have a really solid bench too.

Yeah they're at .500 but IMO they have talent to be top 3 in the East. Aside from those two they start Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and Kris Humphries. They have a really solid bench too.

Gotcha, I'd put Joe Johnson in that talent category but I don't know about Wallace and Mr. Kahrdashian!!!

Gotcha, I'd put Joe Johnson in that talent category but I don't know about Wallace and Mr. Kahrdashian!!!

I like Wallace a lot. He works hard and is a solid rebounder and defender. He can score pretty well too.

I like Wallace a lot. He works hard and is a solid rebounder and defender. He can score pretty well too.

Agreed. He's for sure one of the better SF's in the league. He has hit some clutch shots this year too.

And the funny thing is Sessions got the foul. I saw that game and Charlotte was hacking D-Wade & Lebron. I guess crappy teams have to do that to compete. What a stupid suspension.

I should have known this Nets lead wouldn't last. I bet they lose this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back