Greetings from Ireland

Reganovski

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello to everyone,

I'm Ivan from Cork in Ireland. I'm recently became a member of Cobh Golf Club and am playing off 10.
Up to 7 years ago, I played off 5 but then I needed 2 back operations which put me out of the game up until the start of last year.
I'm currently laid up again with my back (trying to hit a 7 iron out of thick hay last Wednesday!!). But it's not serious and I'm just waiting for my Physiotherapist to return back from holidays to put me back together :act-up:
Since I got back playing last year, I've become addicted to it. I pretty much made up for the 6 years I wasn't playing. I've tried to play all the great courses in Ireland like The K Club, Mount Juliet, Tralee, Ballybunnion, Enniscrone, Ballyliffin & Carton House. I have the likes of Old Head, Portmarnock and Druids Glen on my list for 2013.
I've also spent a fortune on new gear :clapp:
I have the following clubs, got fitted for Driver & Irons
Titleist 910 D2 12 Degree Driver (yes 12 degrees:act-up:)
Titleist 19 Degree Hybrid
Titleist 712 AP2 (3iron to PW)
Titleist Vokey Wedges, 54 & 60 degrees
Odyssey Protype 2-Ball Putter
Titleist Cart Bag
As you can see, I like Titleist :act-up:

My aim for 2013 is to get back to 5 or 6 handicap. I definitely think its possible once I get my short game in order. I've recently had a short game lesson and its just a matter of practice. There is a great facility near me at Fota Island so that's gonna get a lot of use this year.
My second target is to play in the Jimmy Bruen Cup for Cobh. I love match play and am just chomping at the bit to get stuck into it.

So that's me anyhow, I look forward to contributing to this forum.
Cheers,
Ivan

Welcome to THP Ivan!

Welcome Ivan

Welcome to THP Ivan! Great to hear that you've got back to golf, and enjoy as much as you do. I did something similar, not due back problems, but anyway I was out for 6 years or so, and got back and golf became soon an addiction. Joined THP, and got addicted to the community as well.

Welcome, cheers to the short game :beat-up:

Welcome to THP Ivan. Hope the back issue gets cleared up quickly.

Welcome to THP, Ivan!

Hello Ivan and welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to following along as you try to reach your goal.

Welcome to the forum Ivan!

Welcome to thp Ivan

Nice to meet you!!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome Ivan! Glad you found us!

Welcome to THP Ivan!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard Ivan!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP Ivan. Best of luck with reaching your goal in 2013. I am jelous of some of those courses you listed off. Always have wanted to do an Ireland trip.

Back