Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we will see a new Forged offering in the late summer early fall. In the past they have had a second set of irons in that time frame.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something more in line with the VRS-Forged and Amp Forged lines. So the R1TP would work well if they decided to. IT seems the TP MB and MC were really good clubs, while the CB seems to have been lacking somewhat. As good as the MB and MC were, I think many looking for that style of club aren't as swayed by Taylormade.

I'll never say never, but if you read the interviews they gave when they were releasing the Rocketbladez irons (standard and Tour), they were saying that the slotted technology doesn't lend itself to being done in a forged club. Plus, some of their tour guys that were playing forged in the past have already moved to the Rocketbladez Tour irons for this season. That set of irons is their replacement for the MC/MB that were out. Where would they need to put in another set of irons? The segment of the population that needs an MB club is so small. I read on another site that it seems like TM is really putting their focus on dominating the market share in the 5-15 handicap crowd. While that leaves some really good players looking at other companies, it makes sense for TM to have the biggest market share.

Ary, that's good stuff dude.

I'm in the mood to buy something today and I have played only one 3 wood since I started this crazy game(BB Diablo). Saw a good deal on new Nike VR S 3 wood so I'm thinkin what heck? Anybody used the VR s? Thanks

I'm pondering the J40 driver. I won't lie, I'm a little worried about whether it's a good fit for me. I think it is a deeper faced driver and I struggle with those. I hit the Cleveland Classic about 100 yards and 1 mile straight up.

I'm pondering the J40 driver. I won't lie, I'm a little worried about whether it's a good fit for me. I think it is a deeper faced driver and I struggle with those. I hit the Cleveland Classic about 100 yards and 1 mile straight up.

FWIW Chunky, I couldn't get the 9.5 or 10.5 off the damn ground!

I'm in the mood to buy something today and I have played only one 3 wood since I started this crazy game(BB Diablo). Saw a good deal on new Nike VR S 3 wood so I'm thinkin what heck? Anybody used the VR s? Thanks

Sorry I've never hit that one, but I think I remember hearing pretty positive comments out of it.

Was that with the stock shaft? J40 isn't Classic deep I don't think.

I'm somewhat worried about the J40 as well, since there is really no place around here to hit it. I need to figure out what to do about that.

FWIW Chunky, I couldn't get the 9.5 or 10.5 off the damn ground!

I am definitely going to try the higher loft experiment with this one. Go with a low launch shaft I think

Sorry I've never hit that one, but I think I remember hearing pretty positive comments out of it.

I hit Tmexs and it just looked deep faced to me. Just the appearance of a deep face just destroys my confidence.

Heck no its not.

Chunky, also remember, dunno if its an option bu they have the 430 model too.

Yep. It's a great club and I love it. Easy off the deck or the tee. The VRS fwy and hybos are without a doubt the best clubs that I have played.

Chunky, you're a good swinger and I have doubt that you'd be a-ok with the right shaft.

Chunky, you're a good swinger and I have doubt that you'd be a-ok with the right shaft.

I think you meant no doubt. If not, screw you lol!!!

AMP CELL 3-4 wood.....Pondering, but I will have one.

Cool. Thanks. just a little encouragement was all I needed.lol

Yep. It's a great club and I love it. Easy off the deck or the tee. The VRS fwy and hybos are without a doubt the best clubs that I have played.

Ary, that's good stuff dude.

Thank you!

Chunky, I don't think that anything out there was as deep as the Classic last year. Plus, Bridgestone offers a ton of different shafts for the J40, I think that you'll be fine. I think that even the J40 445 would be lower spin than the Razr Fit, but you could go up in loft and offset that a bit.

Very seriously considering a Trusty Rusty 55*. Anyone play one before?

I'm pondering some taylormade lethal balls

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Nothing. My new years resolution was to stop being a club ho.

Nothing. My new years resolution was to stop being a club ho.
That's a terrible resolution. :alien:

It's the perfect resolution, as resolutions are made to be broken hahaha!

Justin, give me a shout when you buy your next club. My over/under is a week after your next round of golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back