Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Get on a monitor before you do anything. If your peak height isn't in the 90's or higher, you could maybe get additional carry yardage out of it. Depends on your numbers.

I was always a heavier weight in driver guy too, I was adamant about it, until the B.Asha. I would seriously consider at least the 5 if I were you, its a lightweight shaft yes but its crazy stable in the light weights. It truly is. Just my opinion though of course Jeff.

I was always a heavier weight in driver guy too, I was adamant about it, until the B.Asha. I would seriously consider at least the 5 if I were you, its a lightweight shaft yes but its crazy stable in the light weights. It truly is. Just my opinion though of course Jeff.

Yeah, I got Canadan chiming in on Twitter and that is what he is saying too and I obviously value the thoughts you guys have. I think I will roll with the 5X. Luckily, I have a spare 910 adapter here (on my old stock 910 shaft), so getting this bad lad ready and in a head shouldn't be too hard or too long.

Yeah, I got Canadan chiming in on Twitter and that is what he is saying too and I obviously value the thoughts you guys have. I think I will roll with the 5X. Luckily, I have a spare 910 adapter here (on my old stock 910 shaft), so getting this bad lad ready and in a head shouldn't be too hard or too long.

I like that plan buddy

looking forward to your thoughts on it Jeff. So jealous you won. I'm really intrigued by all the positive input on this shaft so far. Might have to get one to put in my ZL Encore.

Email has been sent. 5X requested. Looking forward to chiming in once I can put the 910 to it and get some wacks in.

Good call. You will like it a lot I do believe!

Congrats on the win Jeff. I think you'll be very happy with the 5X. Even though these shafts are lightweight, they still perform. The one thing people worry about with lightweight shafts are dispersion and these shafts are the straightest I've ever hit. Look forward to your thoughts.

Testing Numbers
PGA Superstore Practice Range
B. Asha & JDL shafts

I'm going to post these numbers in both threads for those looking at either or shafts. For me, both these shafts felt very similar except in a few areas which I wanted to test. Here was my following process with both shafts:

Hit 8 drives with the B. Asha
Hit 8 drives with the JDL
Hit 9 drives with the JDL
Hit 9 drives with the B. Asha

Here were the results from the round of 7 drives with both shafts. I removed 2 drives from each set that were not my best.

B. Asha
Club Speed - 112
Ball Speed - 156
Vert. Angle - 8.3 (I had one drive that came up 1.0 so number was probably closer to 9.0-10.0)
Backspin - 3120
Carry - 268
Distance - 285

JDL
Club Head Speed - 110
Ball Speed - 153
Vert. Angle - 10.4
Backspin - 3321
Carry - 264
Distance - 283

Here were the results from the round of 9 drives with both shafts. I removed 3 drives that I didn't consider my best.

JDL
Club Head Speed - Club Head Speed - 112
Ball Speed - 154
Vert. Angle - 11.8
Backspin - 3785
Carry - 266
Distance - 278

B. Asha
Club Head Speed - 110
Ball Speed - 152
Vert. Angle - 11.7
Backspin - 3400
Carry - 259
Distance - 274

Numbers were very similar in most all categories expect backspin where it seems like the B. Asha was a good 200-300 less than the JDL. Not really sure if that has any meaning for my current driver swing.

Previous B. Asha Testing:
Spoiler
Intro: Click Here
B. Asha Arrival: Click Here
Simulator Testing Part 1: Click Here
Simulator Testing part 2: Click Here
On Course Round 1: Click Here
Driving Range Session 1: Click Here
On Course Round 2: Click Here
On Course Round 3&4: Click Here
2 Man Scramble: Click Here
4 Man Scramble: Click Here
On Course Round 5: Click Here
Driving Range Session 2: Click Here
Driving Range Session 3: Click Here
Driving Range Session 3 Post Review: Click Here
Driving Range Session 4&5: Click Here
Driving Range Session 6: Click Here

I am considering the Miyazaki b.asha 5 shaft in my R11S. What is the swing speed range for the regular flex and the stiff flex? My current swing speed range for the driver is between 94-98mph...thx in advance

They play pretty stiff to flex, but I would say you could go either way. A couple of other things come into play such as transition speed (fast, smooth, etc) and what your launch is like.

I am considering the Miyazaki b.asha 5 shaft in my R11S. What is the swing speed range for the regular flex and the stiff flex? My current swing speed range for the driver is between 94-98mph...thx in advance

I have the B. Asha 4S in my R11S and it's a great combo. My swing speed is around 97-101. I can say the 4S is plenty stiff for my swing speed, they do play pretty stout. It's tough to say because as JB mentioned there are other factors. Just curious do you have the stock RIP Phenom in your R11S currently and if so is it stiff or regular?

I have the B. Asha 4S in my R11S and it's a great combo. My swing speed is around 97-101. I can say the 4S is plenty stiff for my swing speed, they do play pretty stout. It's tough to say because as JB mentioned there are other factors. Just curious do you have the stock RIP Phenom in your R11S currently and if so is it stiff or regular?

Thanks again for the info...

I play a stock RIP Phenom shaft and it is regular flex. I am looking at the B.Asha 5 and if the shaft does plays stiff to flex, I will probably stick to the regular flex. From what I have read, it is better to play the down flex if in doubt.

Thanks again for the info...

I play a stock RIP Phenom shaft and it is regular flex. I am looking at the B.Asha 5 and if the shaft does plays stiff to flex, I will probably stick to the regular flex. From what I have read, it is better to play the down flex if in doubt.

I played the R11S with the RIP for a while and it was pretty good for me but the B. Asha was a HUGE improvement. I would say if you play the RIP Phenom in regular than definitely go with a regular flex for the B. Asha.

Hi all... Im interested in the B asha for next season. Swing speed avg 107-108 mph give or take a few on either side. I'd love to read all 111 pages, but I have kids and a few specific questions. Anybody hit the 4x, 5s, and 5x? I have a Med to High ball flight and am pretty squarely between S and X flexes whenever I get fit. Are there big differences between the 4x and 5x? It looks like the flex codes are pretty distinct. Suggestions? Thanks.

The 4x is a mid/high launch, whereas the 5x is a low/mid launch. Generally speaking I think you can produce a faster swing with the 4x but your misses will be a touch greater. In addition, the flex codes are just slightly different between the two.

I hover around 112 and just stepped into an X for the first time with the B.Asha after hitting the 5x in Atlanta. I would strongly encourage you to get to the THP Invitational in Vegas next year and hope that one will be present to hit! It's the best feeling X I've ever hit.

Hi all... Im interested in the B asha for next season. Swing speed avg 107-108 mph give or take a few on either side. I'd love to read all 111 pages, but I have kids and a few specific questions. Anybody hit the 4x, 5s, and 5x? I have a Med to High ball flight and am pretty squarely between S and X flexes whenever I get fit. Are there big differences between the 4x and 5x? It looks like the flex codes are pretty distinct. Suggestions? Thanks.

I play the 4x and it is the first X shaft I've ever played. It is very stout, but it gives me a nice mid-high ball flight with a 10.5* driver. The 5x will be stiffer, heavier, and probably lower-launching.

Tahokie, some good stuff in here, but make no mistake about the 4x, just because its a 49g shaft when trimmed for length, it IS a true X-flex shaft, the days of "lighter isn't as true to flex" are long gone with these shafts. The only reason I get away with it is because of my quick/aggressive transition. I know its listed as a mid-high also but for me its performed like a true mid from day one, but, everyone is different.

Tahokie, some good stuff in here, but make no mistake about the 4x, just because its a 49g shaft when trimmed for length, it IS a true X-flex shaft, the days of "lighter isn't as true to flex" are long gone with these shafts. The only reason I get away with it is because of my quick/aggressive transition. I know its listed as a mid-high also but for me its performed like a true mid from day one, but, everyone is different.

It's a very unique variable. I'm actually really excited to get our 4x's side by side to see the difference in flight.

It's a very unique variable. I'm actually really excited to get our 4x's side by side to see the difference in flight.
Indeed it is dude.

I love the fact that a true lightweight shaft that holds up exists now though. Its made trying out anything heavier VERY awkward for me, and I was a high 60's/low 70's die hard for a very long time.

Indeed it is dude.

I love the fact that a true lightweight shaft that holds up exists now though. Its made trying out anything heavier VERY awkward for me, and I was a high 60's/low 70's die hard for a very long time.

Is that just with the driver, or does that logic extend into the woods for you? I'm really not sure I was a homer for either side, but I can't wait to find out in the coming year.

Is that just with the driver, or does that logic extend into the woods for you? I'm really not sure I was a homer for either side, but I can't wait to find out in the coming year.

I've not tested it in the woods, particularly the 3w. I need to though, I think high 50's would be nice there, or could be. I just don't think the B.Asha itself would be the best choice for a fairway, just my personal hunch/feelings though.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but have any of the testers played the Kusala Blue and can you make any comparisons? I enjoyed the Blue when I hit it, but there are some good prices on these out there. Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but have any of the testers played the Kusala Blue and can you make any comparisons? I enjoyed the Blue when I hit it, but there are some good prices on these out there. Thanks in advance.

Im not a tester, but have been using the B.Asha for a while now and played the Blue for over 2 years. The best part of the B. Asha to me is similar feel to the Blue, and similar trajectory as well. The reason for my change is twofold. First, I picked up a little bit of ball speed with it. The second is that I did it with no loss in accuracy.

Im not a tester, but have been using the B.Asha for a while now and played the Blue for over 2 years. The best part of the B. Asha to me is similar feel to the Blue, and similar trajectory as well. The reason for my change is twofold. First, I picked up a little bit of ball speed with it. The second is that I did it with no loss in accuracy.

Thanks JB. Tester or no, I know that you've got experience with the driver I'm gaming, and I was hoping you would chime in. I'm thinking that the 4S is a straight up replacement for the stock C Kua in the Classic, weight wise anyways. I hit the Blue pretty dang solid though. Good lord the B Asha looks sexy in the Classic... Decisions are hard. :alien:

Back