Taylormade Hockey Stick?

BogeyMan60

Reaction score
Handicap
My Gut
I was watching the USA/Canada game from the World Juniors Tournament this morning and noticed a few guys from team Canada using sticks with the Taylormade logo on the shaft of the stick right above the blade. Does anyone know when or why Taylormade decided to make the jump into hockey equipment? After I saw it and googled it and the stick carries the RBZ name. I thought it was awesome to see but will jumping into another sport after all these years take anything away from their golf equipment as far as research and development and the money that goes into that?

Theyve been around for a really long time. CCM makes them and used Taylormades technology in the stick. Tmade helped design it.

I have heard about it last year, i think it was a one-time something

I've seen them being used quite a lot in the Finnish series, and apparently the players are quite happy with them.

The technology in the blade is from TaylorMade. Both CCM and TM are owned by Adidas, so it's a natural partnership. It's the most popular stick on team Canada this and either number one or two in the Canadian Hockey League.
a5yhumu8.jpg

Is it adjustable? Loft and Lie?

Where's the compass? JK.

TM really pushes this stick on the up and coming players, and it does perform very well.

Where's the compass? JK.

TM really pushes this stick on the up and coming players, and it does perform very well.

Well, CCM. Taylormade actually has nothing to do with anything other than the sticker and helping develop the technology in the blade.

Well, CCM. Taylormade actually has nothing to do with anything other than the sticker and helping develop the technology in the blade.

My mistake, you are correct.

My mistake, you are correct.

No problem. I just didn't want people to think it's a "Taylormade hockey stick".

By the way, it is a great stick. For any of those hockey players on the board, if you want some thoughts, let me know. Used it a couple times now.

Theyve been around for a really long time. CCM makes them and used Taylormades technology in the stick. Tmade helped design it.
Yeah, hence the extra white for sure. I'm always amazed when they put that much white on a hockey stick, the puck is black for goodness sake you know it's going to get dirty!

Yeah, hence the extra white for sure. I'm always amazed when they put that much white on a hockey stick, the puck is black for goodness sake you know it's going to get dirty!

White has become pretty popular in hockey sticks.. I dig it. I know nothing about the tech but it always entertains me to see the TM logo on that stick.

White has become pretty popular in hockey sticks.. I dig it. I know nothing about the tech but it always entertains me to see the TM logo on that stick.
Yeah, back when I played there was a lot of wood and dark composites. But white as a color in general has taken off more.

I would assume it would get dirty beyond belief just like white stick tape does.

Yeah, back when I played there was a lot of wood and dark composites. But white as a color in general has taken off more.

I would assume it would get dirty beyond belief just like white stick tape does.

So far it's not too bad. It's worst than black obviously, but no different than the green Easton ST's back in the day or yellow Synergy's.

So far it's not too bad. It's worst than black obviously, but no different than the green Easton ST's back in the day or yellow Synergy's.

I just had a bad, bad "Oh LAWDY I'm old" moment.
When I played Titan and Canadien were cutting edge.

I'm gonna go yell at some clouds now.

I just had a bad, bad "Oh LAWDY I'm old" moment.
When I played Titan and Canadien were cutting edge.

I'm gonna go yell at some clouds now.

I meant back in the day of composite sticks haha. I still grew up in the wooden stick generation of hockey. Wayne was about the only one with a 2-piece at the time.

What's a hockey?

(Sorry, Dev)

That guy is playing golf in some cold weather, and sure is wearing a lot of gear. Guess he has to cause it's cold.

I bet he is also wearing a cup.

Reading this thread makes me wanna get back out there and start playing hockey again!!!

That guy is playing golf in some cold weather, and sure is wearing a lot of gear. Guess he has to cause it's cold.

I bet he is also wearing a cup.

I wonder what the IFC on that thing is..

Is that picture John Stamos? He is dreamy

Back