NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea who I'm rooting for in this one.

Hey Pete how important is this even in Sweden?

Hey Pete how important is this even in Sweden?

It has grown exponentially over the years. It's probably bigger than the World Championships at this point. Last year's tournament was enormous and that team was nominated for a bunch of awards, Team of the Year, Accomplishment of the Year etc by media.

Who's bigger over there, Alfie or Sundin?

TTing

Mats.

Forsberg, Lidstrom, Sundin, Alfie I think.

I know how the script for this goes. Subban keeps them in the game, USA up 2-1 mid third, Canada ties it and then all bets are off.

Did that just happen?

I know this wont go over well with my Canadian friends but here goes nothing. Out of respect for my buddy Canadan I didn't tweet a single thing about the game until Gaudreau scored. I woke my arse up at 5 to watch.

Sweden beats Russia 3-2 in a shootout. Sweden vs USA for all the marbles on Saturday at 8am.

Just watched the replay. Such a terrible showing by Canada. Very disappointed. The US deserved it.

I know this wont go over well with my Canadian friends but here goes nothing. Out of respect for my buddy Canadan I didn't tweet a single thing about the game until Gaudreau scored. I woke my arse up at 5 to watch.

That's awesome!!!

Immensely proud of the Swedish team, but ain't no way they're beating the US in the final.

I just received this email from the New Jersey Devils. Pete may like this also:

Dear Ricky:

The Devils organization is pleased to announce that it has completed a refinancing of its credit facilities with CIT Group acting as lead arranger. The organization believes that its successful refinancing during a work stoppage demonstrates the strength of the Devils franchise and the Prudential Center, enabling it to continue to execute on its business plan. In addition, in connection with the refinancing, Jeff Vanderbeek and his affiliated entities purchased the stakes of his co-owners, Brick City Hockey and its related entities.

Statement from Jeff Vanderbeek:

“Today’s announcement is good news for Devils fans though I fully recognize fans' frustration with the work stoppage. Our future is now secure and we can be confident of continued on-ice success. Our team has gone to the Stanley Cup Final 5 times in the last 17 years and following the most recent run to the Stanley Cup Final last year, we are excited about our future -- for Jersey's team and Prudential Center, home to the 2013 NHL Draft.

I am grateful to Mike Gilfillan and Brick City Hockey for our former partnership. Together we shared a passion that led to the building of the Prudential Center – truly a shining jewel of a facility and in my view one of the best arenas in the entire world. The Rock is a great legacy for which we will always be proud.”

Sincerely,

The New Jersey Devils

Yeah, I saw that on Fire & Ice. Apparently much of the 80-ish million debt has been paid off with the play off run and concerts at the Rock.

Yeah, I saw that on Fire & Ice. Apparently much of the 80-ish million debt has been paid off with the play off run and concerts at the Rock.

Yes sir. I guess all the "insiders" at the NY Post lose again. Vanderbeek has already brokered 2 hotel deals around The Rock as well and they are building up the area around the arena. This is really really good news.

I just wonder where he got his financing from. Dude was supposedly 'broke'.

I just wonder where he got his financing from. Dude was supposedly 'broke'.

I dont care..haha. The article did say he reserves the right to take on partners in the future. I just love the fact that he was a season ticket holder since day 1 and genuinely loves the Devils. He is in it to win, not just for the money.

Canada wasn't even worth watching this morning. I'm glad the US beat them and will play for the gold. Part of me hopes Canada throws another egg during the Bronze medal game and they finally start considering how much work it will take to be a top tier team again.

I don't think Canada has gotten much worse. I think the international competition looked at their programs and changed them to be able to compete. Sweden had a miserable 90s/early 2000s stretch in the WJC and they remodeled their entire program. Same thing is going on in Finland, Czechs, Swiss etc.

I don't think Canada has gotten much worse. I think the international competition looked at their programs and changed them to be able to compete. Sweden had a miserable 90s/early 2000s stretch in the WJC and they remodeled their entire program. Same thing is going on in Finland, Czechs, Swiss etc.

It's a matter of opinion. I feel like their highs and lows are huge right now. I also think this is one of the weakest groups they've sent to a JR tournament.

The fact that it's a lockout year and this is the best group they could send is definitely disappointing to me.

It's a matter of opinion. I feel like their highs and lows are huge right now. I also think this is one of the weakest groups they've sent to a JR tournament.

The fact that it's a lockout year and this is the best group they could send is definitely disappointing to me.

Well, other teams are capable of taking advantage of said lows better, I think.

Maybe it's mental too. Other nations know that Canada isn't unbeatable, like in that 5-year run.

Canada's goaltending has taken a big drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back