What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a scratch 72 which was 5 over, played off a matt, and there was 1 winter green, nice day for it, cold but dry.... Oh and bunkers were out of play

Solid 41 on the front (1 double and 1 birdie) and then absolutely imploded on the back, snap hooking off the tee and shooting a 50 while carding multiple doubles.

Think it may be time for a little lesson.

First Round of the Year and I shoot my PB.

-3 67 and boy, it was a great round. Hit 11 of 14 fairways. Hit 12 of 18 Greens. And had 27 putts. Every part of my game was consistent and on point. Had 3 straight birdies on 6,7, and 8 after a really stupid bogey on 3. Then had another stupid bogey on 13, finished the round birdie birdie. The course I played at it relatively short (6,600). However, the course is quite tricky and the rating shows as it is 71.1. Still, enjoyed the round. Especially when you play well. I guess this means 2013 is going to be a good year. Haha

Very nice buddy! Way to go!

I shot a 43/40 83 with Mward today. I struck the ball really well all day, and my short game wasn't quite as pathetic as its been lately. I hit 8 FW, 5 greens, and had 30 putts with 1 penalty stroke. I should have hit quite a few more greens, but I am still adjusting to the length I have gained in my irons over the past few rounds. I had some iron shots that left us scratching our heads saying "really? That far". It's a better problem than hitting then shorter than usual, but a missed green is a missed green. I only had 13 putts on the front due to just about every ball landing just off the back side leading to a putt from the fringe or a short chip.

41/38 for a 79, at The Frog in Villa Rica, Georgia. Par 72, played from the Blue tees, 6,239 yrds, 69.7/127. Hit 9/14 fairways and 10/18 GIR's. 34 putts and 25% scramble today. 1 Eagle, 1 Birdie, 9 pars, 4 bogies, and 3 double bogies. Was a good way to start my golfing year as my last 4 rounds had been well above average for me.

41/38 for a 79, at The Frog in Villa Rica, Georgia. Par 72, played from the Blue tees, 6,239 yrds, 69.7/127. Hit 9/14 fairways and 10/18 GIR's. 34 putts and 25% scramble today. 1 Eagle, 1 Birdie, 9 pars, 4 bogies, and 3 double bogies. Was a good way to start my golfing year as my last 4 rounds had been well above average for me.

Great round, congrats on the 79!

Sounds like a course I need to play. Would love to have one of their logo balls. Nice round of 79

Amphibians can tapatalk!

Great round!

Nice round cpljohn, congrats on the Eagle buddy.

Played 11 holes today and was +1 on first ball and +4 on 2nd. Happy with that being winter golf.

Played 11 holes today and was +1 on first ball and +4 on 2nd. Happy with that being winter golf.

Nice job, no golf for me today...cold and rainy here.,...supposed to be warmer and sunny tomorrow, I hope

Nice job, no golf for me today...cold and rainy here.,...supposed to be warmer and sunny tomorrow, I hope

I saw all that rain down there this morning. Playing with Cookie, Staticline, and BigTex tomorrow morning. Should be a nice January day here in Dallas!

"it was fun to play."

That's about all I could say after today's awful scoring round. Shot an 89 at Wildewood CC in Columbia, SC today - 46/43.

Not a whole lot went right today. I had seven - seven - doubles today. Lots of three putts (I think five), lots of poor approaches, a couple errant tee shots. I was in the sand six times, and only converted twice. This was more so because of my poor putting, though, because I hit some really quality bunker shots.

Amazingly, I actually started the round with a really nice birdie. After that, it was all downhill. It was just one of those days where things were not going to go well. I ended up just enjoying the day and realizing that this will probably (hopefully) be my worst round of 2013. Already looking forward to the next time out. It will be nice to get this one behind me.

Scrolling back through some of thee scores. Nice PB JT, excellent round, Barry. I knew you'd be back to some lower scores soon.

Sounds like a course I need to play. Would love to have one of their logo balls. Nice round of 79

Amphibians can tapatalk!

I'm going to do a course review on The Frog later this evening. A logo ball is a bit problematic right now. There was a fire in the clubhouse the Tuesday before Christmas and it and everything in it was a total loss, including all the logo balls!

Scrolling back through some of thee scores. Nice PB JT, excellent round, Barry. I knew you'd be back to some lower scores soon.

Everything clicked today. I was getting worried after how bad the month of December was!

Congrats on the great round

What did you end up carding on that hole? :surrender:JK

Nice to see so many out and about and staying low, someday soon for me I hope.

Nice round teammate! I am tempted to get out next week sometime. Weather should be better. Haven't swung a club since myrtle.

91. Played Ko Olina. Beautiful course but windy as hell. I had a complete breakdown over the last six holes going +10

Got a chance to play Sarasota National with Wake and War Eagle today and had an absolute blast. Shot 39 on the front and 41 on the back with no birdies and nothing higher than a bogey, but just struggled with scoring today. At the end of the day though, playing with those 2 guys it would not have mattered if I had shot 150, because it was so much fun as always.

Sounds like it was a fun day JB, I'd expect nothing less with those two though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back