Your first birdie &/or eagle...

I don't remember my first one but my last one was a beautiful drive around/over trees protecting a dog leg, 4h about 205 uphill just over a deep bunker protecting the front of the green to about 15' and I drained the putt. I needed that to card a tidy 101 for the day. Golf is crazy sometimes.

My one and only eagle was last summer. Driver and 2 hybrid to hit a par 5 green in 2 shots, then rolled in about a 40 footer for the eagle. It shocked me because I was just trying to 2 putt from that distance!

I haven't had one yet. Still trying.

The most exciting eagle I've ever had was on a par 4 where I holed out on my second shot from about 84 yards. All other eagles have been on par 5 holes where I reached in two and made the putt or chipped in off the green.

Same here, most exciting was 105 uphill on a par 4, could not see the cup so I walked to the back of the green thinking I had hit it over. Found it in the cup. All others have been on par 5's with the made putt.

Cougar Creek, Alberta. Hole #3. 179 yard par 3. Teed off and landed just to the left of the green and slightly behind. Chipped it in, just as my partner was about to walk to my cart for my putter. More luck than judgment, but it still felt good.

My first was a drivable par 4. Hit driver to 5 ft. for my first eagle. I've had a couple from good 2nd shots on par 5s. Now that I have a 3W I can hit off the deck with confidence, I hope I can have more eagles soon.

Almost drove a par 4, short-sided myself and ended up flopping one in. Good stuff.

Mine was on a very short par 5. Spanked a drive, stuck the iron to about 12 feet, and made the putt. My other eagle was my first ace...

Fun thing is, both were followed by bogies...

havn't had one yet. lots of close calls, but nothing yet. i'm hoping i'll get my first this year during school play.

If an ace counts, I got mine when I was 11 on a 105 yard par 3. I hit a 6 iron.

If not, my first eagle was on a par 5 where I hit driver, 3-iron to about 2 feet.

mine was a 20 or-so yard chip in on a par 4. My wife and I were out playing and I hit a bomb of a dive on the 10th hole. I had been having all kinds of short game problems during that time frame and just wanted to get the ball on the green for a 2-putt and a clean par. I chipped up and the damn thing kept rolling for the pin, lightly tapped it and dropped. WOW. My wife went nuts. I was more surprised than happy. We took pictures and I saved the ball.

A couple of weeks later I did it again on a par 5. Almost the same scenario.

While I wont complain about a chip-in Eagle, it somehow seems a little more like luck than skill to get it that way. I would love to putt-out for an Eagle sometime. To me, that would feel more legitimate.

My first two eagles were both on par 4s. First was about 100 yards with a sand wedge. Couldn't see any part of the green when I hit it, so I searched for the ball for a solid 5 minutes before I found it in the hole. Second one was about 125 yard pitching wedge that one hopped and went in. I got to see that one go in.

Back in '38 I duffed my drive on a 350 yrd par 4 . The hole dropped downhill severely @ around 125 yrds in. Well I was out around 250 yrds hit my Cleveland Classic persimmon 5W. Cousin said thats going be a good shot, well we couldn't find it. He said look in the hole & I said yeah right! Well I was getting ready to take a drop when he hollers hey!, he yanks the flag out & my ball pops out of the hole.
So in short my eagle was a 250 yrd blind shot.
Ps. Could of been '83-'85 not '38 :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID X2

Par 5 (first hole)- Nice drive, 4i comes up short in greenside bunker, one hop and bottom of the cup.

I have had two. Both involved driving the green and draining the putt. One of those eagles was close enough for a gimme on the drive, so that was pretty awesome.

I've had a few eagles, but I can't remember the first one. I'm sure it was on a par 5 and that I was in high school, but that's about it.

I've been fortunate enough to make eagles on a par 3, par 4 and par 5. I've had an ace, I've holed out from the fairway, I've chipped in, and I've driven a par 4 and made the putt.

Around 12 yrs old, second or third year I was playing, I holed a mid iron to an elevated green on a par five. Since the green was elevated, I didn't get to see it go in. As I recall it was quite a while later before I had my first birdie.

I was I think 16 on hole number 3 at my hometown CC and hit around a 275 yard drive and had about 145 left to the whole with the pin being positioned very close to the left front fringe! I took a 9 and didnt rip into it 100% and the ball landed an inch maybe in front of the pin square on and this was my second shot on a par 4 420 yard hole. Well it must have went to check up and most likely spin back but went right in the hole and that was my first eagle I can remember to my knowledge!

Hole 10 - 490 yard Par 5 , Was out mid morning on a saturday , out playin a round by myself , drove quite a nice drive to thethe right side of the fairway about 280 wind behind me , took a 6 iron for the remaing over the creek to an elevated green , landed it 2 ft from the hole, all I heard was a guy yelling from the other tee box, Nice shot! , so walked up and drained my first eagle. One of the highlights of my first year of golf

My first birdie was a massive stroke of luck more than anything, I had only been playing for a month or so and I duffed my tee shot on a Par 3 and it rolled about 50 yards, I was left with about 120 yards and chipped on and it went straight into the cup on the second bounce. If I recall I still ended up with about a 105! First eagle was on an extremely windy day two years ago on a links style course in the Niagara Falls area, I hit a great drive and the wind carried it a ways and ended up about with 200 yards left on a 550 yard Par 5. a solid 6 iron aided by the wind again put me within 5 feet and a one putt. The next hole was another Par 5 facing the direct opposite way and I cranked out a drive a whopping 200 with the wind now in my face! Made me feel for Rickie Fowler's drives at the Hyundai Tournament on the weekend 375 yards followed by 215 all due to ridiculous winds.

Nice work!!!

I don't remember my first birdie but I remember my first/only albatross, I still have the ball somewhere. I was 14 and made a 2 on a par 5 from 275 yards with a 3 wood. I also remember my first and only ace after 27+ years of golf. It was just this last year at Highlander in East Wenatchee, WA. 105 yard par3, hit it 25 feet past the hole and spun it all the way back, could hear it rattle the flag and I saw it drop.

My first eagle was on a par 5. Reached the green in two and drained a 12 footer.

I don't remember the details of my first birdie.

Back