C-Tech

Reaction score
Handicap
I have seen threads on equipment being stolen from the course, clubs, etc...

This is a new one. I played golf yesterday afternoon at Randolph North in Tucson and when I returned to my truck in the parking lot, my tailgate was missing! The tailgate! WTF!!!

Yeah, tailgates are a popular thing to steal. So are spare tires, for some wacky reason...

My tailgate has a lock, but it's inoperable at the moment. It's lucky that I drive a truck that nobody wants. :D

I had my tail gate of my Dodge Ram stolen. They detach so easy it's not even funny. What was funny, a guy just happen to see the theft, and wrote down a license plate number, and stuck it on my windshield. Anyway I called the police, who tracked down my tail gate. When asked why, the thief said he needed a 4 WD for his new job, but couldn't afford a new truck. My tail gate had the 4 WD sticker on it. :banghead:

Aside from what Provisional said, what does one do with a stolen tailgate?

Tailgates get torn up easily, crushed or whatever, so there is a market for replacements.

The goofballs that buy trucks just for the toughguy image cannot relate...

Aside from what Provisional said, what does one do with a stolen tailgate?

"you might be a red-neck if you use a tailgate as a coffee table"

Coffee table, workbench, you name it.

Coolest couch I ever had was a bench seat out of a 67 Chevy pickup... :D

Don't forget "tail gate parties"...:clapp:

Trucks have tail gates. Everything else has back doors:banana:

Trucks have tail gates. Everything else has back doors:banana:

longjohns.jpg

Sorry to hear about it.
My f150 had a locking tailgate, my chevy doesnt. I have never had a tailgate stolen, but I have had a driveshaft and a passenger seat stolen. Those were on my Toyota though.

Sorry to hear about it.
My f150 had a locking tailgate, my chevy doesnt. I have never had a tailgate stolen, but I have had a driveshaft and a passenger seat stolen. Those were on my Toyota though.

My new tailgate WILL have a lock on it. I have found out from my workmen that I can get one retrofitted on there for about $40...Cheap enough if it saves me the inconvenience of this.. I just returned from having the body shop take pictures of the "hole" where the tailgate is supposed to be. This was hilarious. Our insurance company treats this as accident damage and has to have pictures and an estimate to ok the replacement.

I've had someone attempt to steal my tailgate and my tail lights. I had the handle of the tailgate flipped to the inside of the bed with the back the outer portion of the tailgate "shaved," so I don't think the guy could figure it out. A security guard at a bar said he saw some dude trying to get the tailgate down and struggled for a few minutes, then when the security guard went up to question him, the guy ran off.

A few weeks later, someone tried to take my Cadillac tail lights off of my S10, but I had used tiny bolts and lugs instead of screws just so no one could take them. I noticed it when I saw that someone tried using a screwdriver, but had stripped the head of the bolt out.

Back