Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

Ordered mine today....

Ordered mine today....

Sadly, this is a true story. I was just playing around with the preorder. I couldn't figure out why I could select a loft. Haha

Sadly, this is a true story. I was just playing around with the preorder. I couldn't figure out why I could select a loft. Haha

Ha! Yea, I was like WTF myself till I thought oohhh.

Liking the videos of this, might be the 1st Nike product I am waiting to try out, ever.

I'm pretty interested in this but I will want to see a considerable gain in performance. Are there any iron-byron type numbers out anywhere? I would expect a pretty considerable increase in MOI and maybe ball speed vs. the field.

I'm pretty interested in this but I will want to see a considerable gain in performance. Are there any iron-byron type numbers out anywhere? I would expect a pretty considerable increase in MOI and maybe ball speed vs. the field.

I would imagine that the MOI numbers would be out. I don't know if the ball speed could be increased on centered strikes.

Ordered mine today....

Very nice! Looking forward to your thoughts.

I am one that likes some different looking clubs so this definitely interests me. Really looking forward to hitting this one in May at the demo day.

I don't believe you will see a "considerable increase" in ball speed when comparing this to other new drivers. All of the OEM's have figured that part out. When I hit this, my ballspeed was 1mph better than with my 910D2.

Where this driver makes a difference is the MOI adjustments that Nike has made.

I'm amazed at how curious​ Nike has got me this year.

I don't believe you will see a "considerable increase" in ball speed when comparing this to other new drivers. All of the OEM's have figured that part out. When I hit this, my ballspeed was 1mph better than with my 910D2.

Where this driver makes a difference is the MOI adjustments that Nike has made.
So maybe the way to evaluate the driver is that it should retain competitive ball speed / distance but increase forgiveness? I am intrigued by the driver, not so much from a ponder perspective but more from the perspective of what can be done with driver technology.

So maybe the way to evaluate the driver is that it should retain competitive ball speed / distance but increase forgiveness? I am intrigued by the driver, not so much from a ponder perspective but more from the perspective of what can be done with driver technology.

tequila4kapp: That's what I think. Given that CT/COR is maxed, then the changes to the head really seem to be about the launch angle, spin, MOI and distance loss on off center hits. I'd think the only difference in ball speed would be due to the shaft and club's overall length.

The Covert becomes intriguing to me because of forgiveness on shots on various parts of the face. I typically miss up/down, but my next most regular miss is towards the heel. Most drivers really suffer there, and I wonder if the Covert will be there.

Sweet driver! Definitely can't wait to test it out? Anyone know the difference between the Tour and regular other than color and size? Are the Kuro Kage shafts the real deal? thanks

The non tour is 460cc and the tour model is a 40cc. Shaft is different as well

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

The non tour is 460cc and the tour model is a 40cc. Shaft is different as well

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

A 40cc driver!!! That sounds awfully unforgiving . I am sure you are right though. I think it will be 440cc

I can't wait to hit the Tour version of this. I prefer the smaller CC club heads.

qahu3ume.jpg

Mr Guthrie, tour rookie, swinging the Covert and Nike head to toe

the more I look at the pictures of this driver, the more I want it.

the more I look at the pictures of this driver, the more I want it.

I'm am so darned curious about this driver. I really want to see how it performs. Everything about it looks awesome.

Mr Guthrie, tour rookie, swinging the Covert and Nike head to toe

I think that may be Patrick Reed, not Luke Guthrie. Reed had an all-Nike bag when they were showing him during the On The Range show last night.

I think that may be Patrick Reed, not Luke Guthrie. Reed had an all-Nike bag when they were showing him during the On The Range show last night.

That does look like Patrick Reed, saw that this morning on the Morning Drive.

I really cannot wait to give this one a try. Like the independent adjustment for loft and lie.

I have already hit this club at my local Golfsmith my friend that works there got one out of the back and we hit it. Any questions ask me.

I have already hit this club at my local Golfsmith my friend that works there got one out of the back and we hit it. Any questions ask me.

What did you think?

TapaTalk from the iPhone

It was a very stable club for how light it felt. Very forgiving driver on a little bit off center hits. The red crown was different but the swoosh on the heel of the club was pleasing to the eye. This club weighs like nothing though its almost too light for me

Back