I Want Gear to Match - Help!

MSB256

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, I'm Michael, and I want (some of) my gear brands to match.

I like the new Puma golf shoes. I like the Nike Lunar Controls. But I want the Adidas ATV Tour 360 shoes because I play Taylormade clubs. I know it's silly to be this way, I know... but how do I change it? Should I just make myself buy some Pumas?

Funny thing is, I own lots of Nike clothing - mostly actually. I have Cleveland wedges. But for some reason, I'm leaning towards Adidas shoes because of their connection to Taylormade. What is wrong with me?

Nothing is wrong with you? Some people prefer to have stuff matching, while others prefer what works best for them. Sometimes those things are the same, but other times they aren't.

Do what makes you happy

I'm not sure what's wrong with you. I just like comfortable shoes :D

Nothing is wrong with you? Some people prefer to have stuff matching, while others prefer what works best for them. Sometimes those things are the same, but other times they aren't.

Do what makes you happy

Haha. I know, we really should do what just makes us happy. But I do think this is kind of silly. I'm not a TM staffer.

Hi, I'm Michael, and I want (some of) my gear brands to match.

I like the new Puma golf shoes. I like the Nike Lunar Controls. But I want the Adidas ATV Tour 360 shoes because I play Taylormade clubs. I know it's silly to be this way, I know... but how do I change it? Should I just make myself buy some Pumas?

Funny thing is, I own lots of Nike clothing - mostly actually. I have Cleveland wedges. But for some reason, I'm leaning towards Adidas shoes because of their connection to Taylormade. What is wrong with me?
No need to apologize. Your avatar screams 'understated dignity' so wanting it all to match makes perfect sense :) Just kidding...my best friend's daughter is a freshman at Bama so I'm a Tide fan by association.

Buy with what's comfortable for you. Not a good idea in trying to look good if your shoes don't fit properly and you end up with sore feet.

Nothing wrong with you but to be honest the only person that would actually ever notice this is yourself. You should get what makes you happy and what fits/feels the best. Best of luck on your hunt.

I'm going to take a different approach. Some tough love. Nothing is meant to be taken seriously or personal:

What's wrong with you? You want all your gear to match? Like you're some poser who wishes he was on tour. Stop playing make believe and put on the big boy pants in the real world. Act rational.

*again I am very much kidding with that. Please do not take offense*

I'm going to take a different approach. Some tough love. Nothing is meant to be taken seriously or personal:

What's wrong with you? You want all your gear to match? Like you're some poser who wishes he was on tour. Stop playing make believe and put on the big boy pants in the real world. Act rational.

*again I am very much kidding with that. Please do not take offense*

You don't have to add so man disclaimers, I can take it!

It's kind of funny... the whole brand thing. It would take a lot I think, for me to try a Cobra club. I don't know what it is, just a brand perception that is probably false. I think Hyundai has done a good job of branding lately because I once took Hyundai for a sort of generic, Honda knock off. But, now they are positioning themselves as sort of an affordable luxury car and it seems to be working.

Didn't JB do some research or something on the whole brand perception, matching bag stuff?

Not sure why the shoes bug me so much.

Eh, just do whatever. I don't care if my gear matches, so I just buy what I like. And what I can find for cheap. Nothing wrong with the Adidas. They make good shoes.

Haha nothing is wrong with you, just I with a friend and blindfolded Try on some old shoes and picked based on feel haha

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Nothing is wrong with you, you are just from Alabama, (JK) that being said, I have gotten this whole color matching thing going on for my equipment this year LoL. I play almost the entire line of Callaway Diablo clubs so I have been going nuts to match up everything Red and Black. I am resisting very much buying a new push cart because the one I have now is Blue instead of red to match everything LoL. We are all different in what we want and enjoy so if you want to match everything heck. I say go for it.

You don't have to add so man disclaimers, I can take it!

It's kind of funny... the whole brand thing. It would take a lot I think, for me to try a Cobra club. I don't know what it is, just a brand perception that is probably false. I think Hyundai has done a good job of branding lately because I once took Hyundai for a sort of generic, Honda knock off. But, now they are positioning themselves as sort of an affordable luxury car and it seems to be working.

Didn't JB do some research or something on the whole brand perception, matching bag stuff?

Not sure why the shoes bug me so much.

There is no problem liking what you like. At the sametime, don't feel like you have to broaden your equipment choices just for the sake of something different. Shoes should be picky about. There the only part of you coming in direct contact with the ground.

Just buy which ever pair is the most comfortable, if it happens to be Adidas, go for it. I play all Titleist gear but I have 1 pair of FJ shoes, 2 Adidas Adipure, 1 Adidas Tour 360's, and 1 pair of Nike Lunar Control.

The footjoys look good with pants but when it's warm and I'm wearing shorts, I usually end up in Adidas shoes no matter what I'm playing.

First of all, there is nothing wrong with brand preference or loyalty.

Second, you should always play what works best for you, wear whatever is comfortable for you or use whatever style you feel is best. You always need to be looking out for you and your game.

I think it all boils down to which logo you like the best and which one represents your style the most.

TTing

First of all, there is nothing wrong with brand preference or loyalty.

Second, you should always play what works best for you, wear whatever is comfortable for you or use whatever style you feel is best. You always need to be looking out for you and your game.

Exactly! I really don't have a brand preference but I do sorta like taylormade

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

If it's a huge deal buy some shoes that aren't associated with a clubmaker. Try some True Linkswear or Kikkors. I'm more into comfort than brand loyalty.

You watch to much TV. That is what's wrong with you. :angel:

TV is how the corporate world makes us feel like our real life sucks, and we need to satiate that by purchasing what the TV tells us to purchase.

I like my bag to match for the most part. Just think it looks cleaner. Nothing wrong with it if thats what you want. When it boils down to it you are the one paying for it.

I go with the shoes that fit me best. I'm not much on Nike clothes, but I really like their golf shoes so I buy their golf shoes. Nothing wrong with having all our brands matching. Thats personal choice. Any given day at the course, I might have a Puma hat, Grand Slam polo, Travis Mathew belt, Izod pants, and Nike shoes on theirs nothing wrong with that as long as it all matches, looks good, and performs well. Thats what matters to me the most in the style department.

As much as i love my taylormade/addidas I dont expect people to be limited to any one brand. There is not one major company out tere that doesnt have a high enough quality that you cant find a comfy combination to cover yourself entirely in there apparel while playing only there gear. They may not have exactly what would b best for you but staying brand committed wont hurt.

I like my bag to match for the most part. Just think it looks cleaner. Nothing wrong with it if thats what you want. When it boils down to it you are the one paying for it.

I like my bag to match too. Unfortunately I'm still rocking my Adidas cart bag with titleist clubs. When I find the right bag (titleist, Bridgestone, or Oakley) I'm going to get another but I haven't found the deal I want yet.

Hmmm interesting...I am like this as I am sure a lot of other are too! I am not as worried about my clothing matching my clubs though! I use all nike apperal and bag but have callaway and titleist in the bag with different brand balls! Do what makes you feel happy....just make sure your not out there in a purple shirt and brown pants...hahaha....just make sure you match I guess and look presentable! I do not think your going to find a solution for this issue other then have others make you feel better on your ways with it!

Back