What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse day on my home course in quite a while, the short game was horrible. 45/44=89 used 38 putts and 3 putted 4 times. Great day off of the tee 85.7% Fairways but only 33.3% GIR, did not hit a single par 5 in regulation. The good part was it was in the high 50's and low 60's and one of my buddies had a great day with 3 birdies and I did hit the new irons very solid. As I said, just did not scramble well at all.

48/42 from 6250

Tapping away on my S3

Shot a 40 today before getting rained out on the back 9. Started with a double on hole 1 but then ended well.

Worse day on my home course in quite a while, the short game was horrible. 45/44=89 used 38 putts and 3 putted 4 times. Great day off of the tee 85.7% Fairways but only 33.3% GIR, did not hit a single par 5 in regulation. The good part was it was in the high 50's and low 60's and one of my buddies had a great day with 3 birdies and I did hit the new irons very solid. As I said, just did not scramble well at all.

I'm sure you'll have your game back in shape when we play on Friday, partner. It's probably hard to stay focused with those shiny new irons in the bag. :dazed:

Shot a 40 today before getting rained out on the back 9. Started with a double on hole 1 but then ended well.

Nice round lad

Shot 40/43 for 83 today. things were going fairly well until the finish of double, double, double. :angry:

88. Played Koolau. Started off very poorly then fell down one of the slopes that was really muddy. Don't know what happened but after that I went plus 3 through the last 8 holes. Very difficult course (played the blacks) and very muddy.

88. Played Koolau. Started off very poorly then fell down one of the slopes that was really muddy. Don't know what happened but after that I went plus 3 through the last 8 holes. Very difficult course (played the blacks) and very muddy.

You here on vacation? I have a love/hate relationship with Ko'Olau.

You here on vacation? I have a love/hate relationship with Ko'Olau.

Yes I am saved Ko'Olau for last. I hated all the mud yet loved it when it stopped my ball from rolling down the ravines or off the greens. It was a beautiful course just stupidly narrow at times.

Yes I am saved Ko'Olau for last. I hated all the mud yet loved it when it stopped my ball from rolling down the ravines or off the greens. It was a beautiful course just stupidly narrow at times.

Yep. Stupidly narrow and forced carries=PITA. I enjoy that course when it's dry out. HATE it when it's wet.

Shot 40/43 for 83 today. things were going fairly well until the finish of double, double, double. :angry:

Great day until the finish. I still had a few more doubles than that :sad: We will shoot better Friday for sure.

Shot 79 (70) today first time breaking 80. Super happy about it as i felt i was in control of the ball all day. My drives were the best they have been in months. Irons were crisp all day. Putter left me down a bit though but at least i know i can improve on today's round.

FIR - 7/13
GIR - 10/18
Putts - 34
No sand shots
No lost balls

1 - Birdie
9 - Pars
6 - Bogies
2 - Doubles

Great round! Way to break 80!

I hate finishes like that!

Did some stats compiling for my 2012 season tonight. Underscores that I want to spend 70% of my time in 2013 working on short/putting game. Here goes:

Fairways: Best 100%, Worst 14.3%, Average 56%
GIR's: Best 77.8%, Worst 11.1%, Average 40%
Putts: Best 27, Worst 43, Average 34
Low Round: 77 (3 times)
High Round: 105 (was on New Years Day 2012, 1st round of the year)
1 Albatross
3 Eagles
75 Birdies
720 Pars
674 Bogies
393 dbl Bogey+
15 OB penalties
80 Penalty strokes - .12 per hole
Average score on Par 3's - 3.77
Average score on Par 4's - 4.84
Average score on Par 5's - 5.79
Only 21 sand saves
278 sand shots (does not differentiate between greenside and fairway bunkers)
Scramble Percentage 19%

Wowser.
Played a course today I havent played for a few years. Par 71, 6300 yards. Very wet underfoot so little run as ever! Last time I played it I shot 99.

Started hitting the ball so well, 1st hole the drive left me 198 to the flag, hit the 3H to 10 ft past but straight on line.........but 3 putted! Then 3 putted the 3rd. Turned in 44, 9 over, so steady. 10th hole, par 3, pulled the ball into water, played 3 offf the tee and took a 5 (par with 2nd ball). 11th par 4, pulled the ball OOB so again played 3 off the tee. Again made 2nd ball par but a double for the card! This was fristrating as I was hitting the ball ever so cleanly and I knew I had a good score in me. Then it all clicked, puttts started dropping, I played the last 7 in 1 under with 3 birdies! I hit 2 7 irons from 156 yards to within 3 foot, and one 6 iron to 4 ft. Also lipped out on 2 putts of over 15 ft!

It was the cleanest striking round I can ever remember. The 3H was on fire and all my irons worked well. The only club I didnt hit today was the 4i so cant comment on that one.

Today was a pretty good round to 41/42 83 par 70. Another great day of ball striking all round except for putting. My god i missed every putt inside 6 feet today YES i said inside. Even missed a straight 2 footer for birdie shockingly bad day putting.

FIR - 8
GIR - 8
Putts - 37
Sand shots - 2 (0 sand saves)
Lost balls - 1

39/38 for a 77 on par 71 course. 11 greens in regulation.

Not a bad round there. That course is a beast. I think I have permanent stains from that mud. Absolutely beautiful course. It was probably one of my most memorable rounds.

I played a quick 9 this morning and shot 2 over. One birdie and 3 bogeys. I bogeyed 2 short par fives, which I usually do pretty well on and failed to get up and down from just off the fringe on a par five. Also missed a 5 foot birdie putt.

After an inexplicable triple bogey on 1, I got it together fairly well and finished with a 46 in a light rain. Had I been able to putt, I would've ripped it up, because I was killing driver and irons utilizing new grip techniques my club pro/manager gave me. Hit the ball dead straight off all nine boxes.

Did some stats compiling for my 2012 season tonight. Underscores that I want to spend 70% of my time in 2013 working on short/putting game. Here goes:

1 Albatross
3 Eagles
75 Birdies
720 Pars
674 Bogies
393 dbl Bogey+
15 OB penalties
Only 21 sand saves
Scramble Percentage 19%
Very cool that you kept all of those stats. Give you a great picture of strengths and weaknesses.

Shot 51 on the front nine and 52 on the back nine. It sucked but still had fun. Gusty winds on the way back. Putting killed me today, waaaaay too many 2 and 3 putts today.

Finally can post in here...good...what to post...bad :banghead:

MileHighGolfer called me yesterday and against better judgement, decided I would play with the bum neck. Great news is that it didn't bother it too much, but was taking it easy for the most part. Played at Omni Interlocken and the greens were like putting on the beach...A LOT of sand where you could actually see the path of the ball on some of them. It was a blast and so glad to get back out again and give it a run, thanks again MGH it was a blast.

We broke out the Chromax for a little show and tell and ended up giving him a couple to take with him to play in warmer weather.

Temps were in the mid 30's with probably a 3-5mph wind, so pretty calm. Beautiful day even though the sun never came out and the tee boxes and greens were frozen. Did I mention I had a great time, I really did it was so overdue.

Shot a 95 (ouch):
38 putts (5 3 putts/ 3 1 putts)
2 penalty shots
5 Pars
4 Bogies
8 Doubles
1 Triple
7 Fairways
0 GIR's

What a great day regardless and when I got home...this was waiting for me:
SM1.jpg

Will post in another thread after I get back from a few errands...so excited!

Last edited:

1 Albatross
3 Eagles
75 Birdies
720 Pars
674 Bogies
393 dbl Bogey+
15 OB penalties
Only 21 sand saves
Scramble Percentage 19%
What site do you use for that? I use golfshake and get similar sets of stats. As you say the sand one is frustrating as it doesnt differentiate.
Also, if I forget to put some stats in I can go back and edit but it doesnt add them to the stats. For example a couple of rounds ago I recorded my FIR on the fron 9, but forgot the back nine. I actually had 100% back nine but these wont now show up!

Had a great opportunity to play the Seaside course at Sea Island today. Shot a 50/40 for both the worst and best 9's I've played in months. Beautiful course!!

46 41 wettest golf course ever
Hit 11 of 14 fairways with my old titleist d2

Putting was off but finished strong with 3 straight pars
Thankful I got to play today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back