Cleveland Classic XL Fairway Wood Preview Thread

I'll take one in 15.5

Got a release date for the new Classic line of woods?

I don't. Will work on getting that for you.

Very nice! I really like the head shape and the shape of the face. I can't wait to check this thing out in person.

I've heard rumors of this one for over a year now, very exciting! I can't wait to hit these.

I have a feeling with this shaft, it should launch like an airplane (in a good way for a lot of us).

I think I need to see it in person. For me it's nothing that excites me. I think I would like it better if it had last years colors in the fairway wood. That would have really made it look classic. I will say that last years FW line in the Mashie and Black series were both fantastic, so if these perform like them or even better then Cleveland should have a winner in hand.

I see a Demo in my future.

These FWs look awesome. Admittedly, I am not the biggest fan of the matte finish, but I do like the classic look of these woods. I will certainly give them a try.

At the same time, how cool would it have been for Cleveland to have the throwback paint scheme on these FWs?

Im really liking the looks of this. The FW market is looking really competitive this year. Like One-t, I'm also confused by the move away from stock Miyazaki shafts.

Nice, a classic mashie. I can't wait.

Classic fairway!!!! Yes!!!! Yet another must hit for me. Cleveland's new lineup sounds absolutely beastly.

Now we're talking. This will get a chance at the bag early in the season. If I can hit this more reliable than the F3, it's in.

Awesome head, awesome shaft, and the 3+ sounds like a great driver replacement. I can't wait to give these a swing!

I liked that Cleveland had been doing different finishes for the past couple seasons. I'm not sure I care for the fact they are going back to the matte black of the HiBore era, but if the clubs perform, then they will be successful.

I agree that it is interesting that they didn't include a Miyazaki in this line, but the Matrix is a nice pairing as well.

Yeah. I'm still a little sad about the loss of last years paint scheme, but I've also always been a matte black fan. Always looks mean. Matrix makes a fine shaft, so I have no issues with that being the stock offering.

This reminds me of the Black 3W, and THAT excites me! Love the offerings are staying with what Cleveland has done in the past at 3+/3/5/7. If it is similar to the Black 3W, that 3+ could be a mini driver for a lot of folks.

I'm curious how it performs, like the black FW's or the Mashie?

Going away from Miyazaki is a bit of a head scratcher.

So GlobalGolf has them listed at $179.99? Seems like a steal at that price. Even cheaper then the new Adams line (not a knock at Adams at all, I'm using it as a compliment as I usually consider Adam's clubs good deals.)

So GlobalGolf has them listed at $179.99? Seems like a steal at that price. Even cheaper then the new Adams line (not a knock at Adams at all, I'm using it as a compliment as I usually consider Adam's clubs good deals.)

Interesting, solid price for sure. I like it.

I'm curious how it performs, like the black FW's or the Mashie?

Going away from Miyazaki is a bit of a head scratcher.

I am too man. I hope it performs like the Mashie. The bottom of the head makes me think it will.

I am too man. I hope it performs like the Mashie. The bottom of the head makes me think it will.
I agree, I was REALLY clad to see the face/sole is very Mashie like.

Me gusta. It looks lovely.

Back