Tried the Reverse K set up last night at the range

sickyspider

Reaction score
Handicap
Management
Hit 60 balls at the range last night and for the first time I used my two alignment sticks. Laid one down parallel to target and the other one slightly offset to 1 o'clock to encourage me to attack the ball from the inside. I also set up in the reverse k with a little hip tilt and and knee flex towards the target. It was very noticeable that my head was slightly behind the ball and I worked on maintaining stability throughout my swing. Overall the results were encouraging - only one mishit. Much more consistent solid contact. Most balls started to the right of target and stayed right but quite a few began a very gentle draw which was pleasing to behold! A few went dead straight and a few were slightly hooked or over drawn! I used a 7 iron mainly with a carry of between 150-160 yards. I spoke to my coach afterwards and he told me not to worry too much about blocking the ball right as we can work on that shot shape with a little better body turn and turning over the club face properly. However when I mentioned the reverse k he seemed to think that was like stack and tilt which I am not sure it is although I can't be certain!

I also tried out my newly bent wedges (51 and 57 degrees). Exactly the results I was looking for - no need for a 58 degree LW! :) Bring on the weekend and then my on-course lesson next Monday.

So far I'm pleased with the special k set up!

So this is to fix the chilly dips? What kind of ball flight did you see?

Mid ball flight occasionally mid to high.

What's chilly dips?

Hopefully this well help me maintain stability throughout the swing and make better contact with the ball each time. Over the top and swing instability are my biggest faults.

I really like Slicefixer's principles. I believe the Reverse K setup eliminates many flaws before they start. Great work and keep it up.

"Encyclopedia Texarkana".

Last edited:
good stuff. Love the reverse K setup. To practice at home, get a striped shirt ( I use my old soccer referee shirt) and a full length mirror to work on muscle memory.

Great stuff. I've actually started with that set up as well as a way to keep my weight on the inside of my right foot; it helps transition to my left leg so much easier. I also find it a lot easier to make a full turn. Glad you found something here and keep it up!

The "Reverse K Setup" is the single best thing I've introduced to my golf swing in 15 years.

It keeps the weight where it should be and makes the pivot much easier!

Love it!

hmmmm...need to look at this

Number one tip from GolfTec...priceless. They set me up a bit overkill at first to get me used to it, feels great!

Never heard of the reverse k, is that starting with your weight on the lead foot?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Never heard of the reverse k, is that starting with your weight on the lead foot?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Ankle, knee, hip, lead shoulder are all on the same line so to speak. Also drops your rear shoulder down a bit as well as kicks in the rear knee.

The best tip I ever got in golf - and yet so simple! Why didn't this occur to me before?? So many positive effects naturally follow it. I am a total believer!

I really do need to try that.....Ill ask my GolfTec instructor about it on Tuesday

Love the Dan Whitaker videos. I will be buying some online lessons from him very soon

Me too. As badly as I want to go see Geoff, that is easier said than done so I think I'm going to work with Dan online consistently throughout the year and if the stars align also go see Geoff.

Going to Texas for a lesson is not in the budget or time for me so that will not happen. Dan is the next best thing. I may be able to finagle my way to one of Geoffs NY lessons over the summer

I wish he had a few associate teachers around the country to make it easier to get lessons, but from what I understand that isn't really his focus.

I just want the book lol!!!

Books can't help you feel what's right and tell you when you're out of sorts. You've gotta at least feel the right position. Online is gonna be the second best way though

Anyone heard of a guy based in SoCal called Pat Dempsey? He advocates a reverse spine tilt or reverse k. He has one powerful swing - no wonder he is a long driving champ!! There are some good YouTube videos on his setup with good tips for the driver in particular.

Ive dabbled with reverse k, especially with the driver. I have a problem with hitting popups with the driver due to hitting down with it and found that the reverse k helped to eliminate that.

Back