The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

Or the time we told the lady at the resort that I smudged it proposing to you, when you said "no". For those wondering, we were not even dating at the time...hehe

I just got a pedicure and bumped my toe on the clutch - don't ask - and messed it up. I had to go back to have it fixed.

I have limited experience with this, but it seems when I was waiting on wife, they had some kind of "cooker" device that dries them faster...Perhaps it was light based because there was some kind of light coming out of it????

I have limited experience with this, but it seems when I was waiting on wife, they had some kind of "cooker" device that dries them faster...Perhaps it was light based because there was some kind of light coming out of it????

Yes, they have dryers, but "faster" is relative. You still have to sit there.

Not to mention, when it's done your feet smell like fried chicken :laughing:

Or the time we told the lady at the resort that I smudged it proposing to you, when you said "no". For those wondering, we were not even dating at the time...hehe

LOL I will never forget that day, especially the look of horror on the ladies face when she really thought I said no. If she only knew I would end up saying yes one day....

LMAO! That just made me laugh so hard..."cooker". As Diane said they have those machines that are supposed to help dry your nails but they don't work that well because..... (see answer below)

I know, they take forever! I have no patience to sit there and wait for the surface to dry, because even though they may feel dry the minute you bang them on something your nails are messed up.

Then she pouts because there's still water in her bowl and she thinks she needs to drink it.
That is pretty awesome. She just keeps drinking.

I used to have the same problem so we invested in an electronic door that is controlled by a device you put on their collar which lets let come and go as they please. It was fairly expensive but worth every penny of not having to get up in the middle of the night.

I would but then the cat would get out and he would be coyote bait. Im just going to teach her to just go in the bath tub like I do, I mean, oh nevermind.

That is pretty awesome. She just keeps drinking.

I would but then the cat would get out and he would be coyote bait. Im just going to teach her to just go in the bath tub like I do, I mean, oh nevermind.

That reminds me of a Seinfeld episode when George pees in the showers at the gym and this guy complained and George said "what's the big deal, it's all pipes, it goes to the same place" or something like that.

Diane and GG, you have just reinforced my aversion to getting my nails done. My attention span is just too darn short.

Same problem I've had. I've had thoughts of rigging up my own system where they both have sensors and the door won't open if the cat's too close - I'm sure the dog could be taught to chase the cat away so she could get out. But the cat would probably also learn that if he sat next to the doggie door he could taunt her all day through the window and she couldn't get back in.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone directly but--

What is it with giving kids--especially girls--creative names? I'm surrounded by Sophias and Isabellas and Zoës and Kaitlyns and and and... They aren't unique; they're ubiquitous. Your child will go through her life having to spell out her name for everyone, especially if you get cute and make up your own variation.

At the end of the day, my kids, with classic, unoriginal names that have been in both families for generations, end up being the unique ones. Even better, everyone knows how to spell them the first time.

Offending people indirectly is fun though! hehehe

I can do without the creativity in names too.

Offending people indirectly is my favorite!

There is some line defining a gentleman as one who never unintentionally gives offense.

What is it with giving kids--especially girls--creative names? I'm surrounded by Sophias and Isabellas and Zoës and Kaitlyns and and and... They aren't unique; they're ubiquitous. Your child will go through her life having to spell out her name for everyone, especially if you get cute and make up your own variation.

At the end of the day, my kids, with classic, unoriginal names that have been in both families for generations, end up being the unique ones. Even better, everyone knows how to spell them the first time.

That reminds me, tell your children John and Jane I said hello.

That reminds me, tell your children John and Jane I said hello.

Pretty much.

When we told our folks the names we'd picked for our first kid-in-process, Mom thought they were a little boring. Then my cousin gave birth to Cailie Ariel, and Mom decided boring was a pretty good thing after all.

BrandonM7;118150But the cat would probably also learn that if he sat next to the doggie door he could taunt her all day through the window and she couldn't get back in.[/QUOTE said:
Yep, the cat always figures out how to ruin something. Mine knows exactly what to do o get the dog in trouble.

I'm with you there. That and "creatively" spelling a relatively normal name. Naming your child Jinyfur instead of Jennifer doesn't make people think you're unique, it makes them think you're a dingbat who can't spell.

Similarly, I'm mildly annoyed by parents calling their children by their middle name. As I'm one of those poor children, I don't care if that offends anyone. I've had to spend my whole life being called Matthew and having to say "Brandon" rather than "present" for a few days until it sinks in. Once I got to college I just quit fighting it, so I was Matthew for a few years. I guess it does come in handy at times, however - my father is also Matthew so I could use his credit cards (a LOT) without question, and whenever I answer the phone and someone asks for Matthew I can typically hang up knowing they're trying to sell me something. But it's still annoying. And of course the Matthew is a family thing, so I'm pretty much destined to continue it if I ever have a kid, so he's screwed too. And I really like the name Luke, but I could never name a kid Matthew Luke.

Agreed. Both of my nieces and my nephew have pretty normal names but with funky spellings. I always have to call my other sister to get the spellings of the names because the mother of the children is an idiot and had to spell them difficult. :banghead:

Agreed! my daughter's name is classic and not over the top. You'll never peg her name as "oh, you were born in the late 2000's weren't you?" names

My boss has two Basset Hounds who hang out in my office every day. For some reason, they are both whining and howling non-stop today. It's very warm or I'd send them outside.

Agreed. Both of my nieces and my nephew have pretty normal names but with funky spellings. I always have to call my other sister to get the spellings of the names because the mother of the children is an idiot and had to spell them difficult. :banghead:

My ex-wife was a schoolteacher and she brought home some doozies! She had one kid whose Mom had named him in honor of Arsenio Hall, only she misspelled it as "Arseino". She also had 3 brothers named...LaKieth, LaSean, and LaDarren. I am NOT making this up! But my alltime favorite was the girl named.... Ajeena Safeeh-Ullah!

I think it is funny that someday there will be Heathers and Tiffanys in Nursing Homes with Trampstamps that have slid down to their upper thighs....:laughing:

My boss has two Basset Hounds who hang out in my office every day. For some reason, they are both whining and howling non-stop today. It's very warm or I'd send them outside.

Let the boys outside, they just want to hang on the corner and make sad eyes at the poodles parading by....:D

Let the boys outside, they just want to hang on the corner and make sad eyes at the poodles parading by....:D

It's CT - there are Goldendoodles and Labradoodles, but no Poodles.

It's CT - there are Goldendoodles and Labradoodles, but no Poodles.

Geez, sounds like those poodles are real slüts.

Back