Staff Bag Obsession

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
My name is Josh and I am addicted to staff bags. I want to decorate our entire den in our new home with them. I want hundreds of them lined up in rows like Oompa Loompas. I want to look at them standing there all purdy like.

Help!!!!

yes, please help him. Well, unless it's that PUMA bag we saw at the show last year, I think we can find a place for that one ; )

LOL!

I too really like the looks of certain staff bags. However, my golf game isn't good enough to use one, and my wallet isn't deep enough!

• Admin
Mine isnt either Floppy.

I like them also. Especially the ones that have the different logos on them and embroidered names. I would never use one though. Not only are they too big, it makes a statement about your game that I am not ready to make. I also love the mini ones that you see holding range balls or other things in the pro shop. I would love to have a collection of those.

I just do not beleive that he needs intervention.What's wrong with that dream den? That'd be cool.

• Admin
I agree jeff. I think we need multiple bags. I have my eyes on 3-4 in particular and must have them.

Staff bags are great....fanatastic idea JB. If you had vaulted ceilings I could see you running them along the tops of the walls so you'd have to look up at them for more effect. Of course GG would have to get the ladder out to dust them but those are little details. :bicker:

• Admin
The new house we looked at does have those. HMMMMM!

I'm not sure if the bag I have qualifies as a staff bag but I got a bag from my dad that was given to him by a client. It's a bluish green and has the old Taco Bell logo on it. If I ever get a Taco Bell sponsorship I'll be sporting that bag on the course. Right now though I've just got an old set of clubs in it.

The new house we looked at does have those. HMMMMM!

Going along with Thanks you could do shelving across the upper part of the wall and line them up along that. That would probably be pretty cool.

Going along with Thanks you could do shelving across the upper part of the wall and line them up along that. That would probably be pretty cool.

Exactly what I was envisioning. Get 'er done JB! And if you need help during the shopping or installation process let me kow and I'll schedule my next Tampa trip around you! :blob:

I'm not sure if the bag I have qualifies as a staff bag but I got a bag from my dad that was given to him by a client. It's a bluish green and has the old Taco Bell logo on it. If I ever get a Taco Bell sponsorship I'll be sporting that bag on the course. Right now though I've just got an old set of clubs in it.

If it's got that annoying little dog on it, it may be a collectible now that it died yesterday!

Exactly what I was envisioning. Get 'er done JB! And if you need help during the shopping or installation process let me kow and I'll schedule my next Tampa trip around you! :blob:

I think GG is going to be mad at us for fueling this fire. :beat-up:

I think GG is going to be mad at us for fueling this fire. :beat-up:

lol....I'll distract her while JB gets to work on the new "JB's 19th hole" :starwars:

You are just rubbing it in now.

You are just rubbing it in now.

No rubbing it in would be putting pictures up of it. Which will be coming soon. :smile-big:

Buddy of mine bought a TM Staff Bag...really nice. Heavy duty hardware, fine leather. The thing weighed a ton and the golf cart straps wouldn't fit around it unless you squashed it. Whenever he showed up with it, I would tell him we had all decided to walk the course today and carry...

I want the TaylorMade British Open staff bag. <drooool>

My first staff bag of late is the 2006 British Open Taylormade staff bag. I loved that one. It should be on its way now.

My first staff bag for my obsession arrived today. Here are a few pictures of this limited edition beauty.

611947123_RWNs5-L.jpg

The crest is in a lot of different places on the bag.
611947277_A5Wym-L.jpg

611946747_t8kkC-L.jpg

611946576_S2VrS-L.jpg

That's nice JB. Better get that hidden from GG! (You aren't in the new house YET!)

When I play golf in Asia most of the guys over there have staff bags or at least miniature versions (like 10" instead of 12"). Not everyone but most of them do. I love to wonder through the stores over there because almost all of the bags there are staff bags. I am soooo tempted to buy one and bring it back.

I'm curious - do staff bags have a certain cachet that other bags don't have? Someone said they weren't good enough for a staff bag so if you're not a good golfer and have one - does that make you a wannabee?

Staff bags in theory are for staff. Tour players use them, etc... I dont use one, but I have always had this obsession with them. If you take a look through our PGA Merchandise Show section you will see photos of just about every staff bag out there. Most are custom done.

I dont think it makes you a wannabe either though.

Back