Evolver head tightening

BrandonM7

Reaction score
How tight? I didn't get any paperwork or anything (assuming any comes with them anyway,) so I've just been tightening it to what I consider decent firmness with the hand wrench -- is there any specific spec for tightness or do you just go by feel?

Thanks.

Turn until the click.

Turn until the click.

provided you have the nickent evolver wrench ( it looks like you do from your question).

They are torque wrenches that will only tighten to a certain point then "click" as JB says.

It is important to not use any other type of wrench....not that i know of any triangular ones come to think of it! ... :D

Turn until the click.

It clicks? LOL, I was kind of wondering if it did, but it's pretty dang tight before that click so I didn't want to mess anything up finding out. At least I know I haven't been overtightening it...:alien2:

It clicks? LOL, I was kind of wondering if it did, but it's pretty dang tight before that click so I didn't want to mess anything up finding out. At least I know I haven't been overtightening it...:alien2:

I've never noticed the click either, I'm afraid of over-tightening and stripping it out.

You wont cause any damage MO.

I'm another of the didn't-know-there-was-a-click group!

On a side note, my CYG came today. Now I just need to get it installed.

I've never noticed the click either, I'm afraid of over-tightening and stripping it out.

The first couple of times you make it click it really does feel uncomfortably tight - after swapping shafts a couple of times (still trying to decide which one I like best) it clicks at about the same torque I was doing originally. I guess the wrench broke-in to some degree.

BTW, I think it would take a LOT of torque to damage anything - the engineers did some good thinking. That threaded insert will try to grow inside the tip as the bolt tightens, and the tip can then grow a little inside the clubhead making it a tighter fit than when you just slip the two pieces together. I think you'd be more likely to crack the head or tip before anything stripped, and that would take a lot more torque than you'd likely be able to apply with that little hand wrench even if it didn't click. I think they did a good job of idiot-proofing it beyond just making the wrench have a maximum torque.

The "clicking" is news to me also, but I won`t be moving mine anytime soon, I am LOVING mine just where it is at, now if I could only get my iron play up to my drives.(That just sounds weird for me to say, usually other way around)

If you do not hear the click, in theory, it is not all the way tightened and could become loose.

I had no idea of the "click" either, that may be why mine felt so "dead" when hitting it on the range......:embarrassed:

Back