So I've got this idea...

Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
Since it's summer time, and the girls are always going swimming; we don't have a proper laundry area (tiny house), they can never find a good place to hang up wet beach towels and bathing suits, and they always seem to wind up in a pile in the bath tub, or draped over the side (which I don't like, since the floors are wood).

I want to get one of those retractable clothes lines like you find in hotel bathrooms to put in my bathtub enclosure. It should be long enough to hang a couple of towels and bathing suits I would think, and it would keep stuff from getting mildewed before laundry day, or dripping on my wood floor.

I've found several online, but I have no idea if what I'm looking at is a good unit, or a piece of junk.

Anyone ever bought one?

Something like this: Bathtub-Clothes-Line

Those things are a great idea. I have never bought one though. Just a warning though make sure that the girls know it's not a toy. I've heard a couple stories that people have been messing with them and ended up strangled. Just a word of warning.

Good point. I'll set it high enough that Twerpy can't get into it.

Good point. I'll set it high enough that Twerpy can't get into it.

Gummi - If I were you, I'd get a drying rack and just put it in the bathtub. They fold up and are easy to store. If you need the tub - you can just lift the entire thing out - clothes and all temporarily. The line may still allow water from the clothes to drip on the floor and will wear over time.

I use one of the spring loaded retractable shower curtain rods. It is in the kids bathroom and they can hang towel and suits from it. Just a twist and it is out of the way.

That's a great idea Keith. And safer. And most likely, a lot cheaper.

Back