As for the screw, I actually disagree. Here is why. I keep the screw in the head and then put in which shaft I am going to use. Just like you apparently will do it. The screw never has to come out of the head, so you really should never have a problem with that.

I can see what you're saying, but I guess maybe I'm the kind of guy that's always over prepared. I never came to class without two copies of my assignment, I keep a spare house key hidden in both my truck and my garage, etc. Overkill, that's just me.

The screw CAN come out - it isn't captured in the head (which might not have been a bad idea, in retrospect.) So it could be dropped into 2" tall grass at the practice range. If I have a 4DX, 3DX, Burner, FT-9, L4V, etc, there is no 3/4" by 1/8" teeny little item I could drop into the grass that would leave me with no driver for the round. Not even just for the round, for however long it takes the brown truck to drop off a replacement. One little screw, easily lost, makes this a useless pile of parts. It could come with at least two of them just to keep you moving, that's all I'm saying. I know the R9 doesnt, nor does the STR8-Fit, the I-Mix, or the L5V -- so I guess I'm saying there's a chance for Nickent to throw just a wee bit more to the customer, as they are prone to do.

But screw it, it's just a suggestion. They're ahead of everyone else in the segment, I just thought I might could kick out an idea that could give them that little bit more. An extra screw in case you lose one - nobody else gives you one, seems like a good idea to me.

Heck, while I'm tossing ideas, how about we put everything in the headcover? That can't be too hard to do. A zippered compartment around the top of the headcover that can hold the wrench. Stick a magnet in the compartment and that'll keep the wrench from rattling around and hold that potential extra screw in place so it can't fall out when you unzip it. Of course it may already have that - how would I know, since I didn't get my headcover.

Again, I'm just tossing ideas - it's a great product, that's why I bought it. But any little sweetening of the deal is worth doing if its feasible. Don't not bother just because the others aren't doing it, get the edge.

Ehh, sorry, I'm rambling - this has nothing to do with the topic. Bad habit of mine, I type too much.

Update, in case anyone cares.

Still no hybrid or headcover. I contacted the Nickent guy above, and he recommended I go to the credit card company first to see what they could do regarding a partial or full credit. Good advice, and actually was my first instinct before he posted telling me to contact him -- after that post I went to him first, thinking maybe he still had some hook-up with the club outlet people and maybe could iron it out. Once I found out he was honestly going to have to cover it himself rather than magically make the club outlet fix it, I went to the credit card company as he suggested.

The credit card company basically told me to piss off, in a very polite manner. Since I have no invoice, some product in hand, and some charge, they basically see that as no evidence of fraud. I can kind of see it from their point of view - they don't know that I wasn't supposed to pay xxx for what I got, they just know that I paid something, got something, and now they're getting one side of an argument saying it was wrong. You'd think they'd take the customer's side in that case (especially since the card says "card member since 1987" on the front and I've never done this before,) but I guess there just isn't the evidence to support it. Innocent until proven guilty, I guess. And heck, maybe the club outlet's merchant account is closed and they can't back-charge them -- I doubt the CC people would tell me that, but I guess it could be true and they know I'll pay them when my bill comes, as always.

So right now I'm still out, but I'm going through the steps and I'm one step farther along - gonna e-mail the Nickent rep in the morning (or tonight if I could get my stupid OWA to load,) to tell him this same story and see what happens from there.

***After proof-reading I want to make sure it's clear that the Nickent rep didn't just tell me to piss off and call my CC company in some little one-line e-mail - he was very cool, and was genuinely trying to help me get this resolved. Just wanted to make sure that was known - that this is just an update, not a b*tch-fest (although maybe a little bit about the CC company and thecluboutlet, certainly not about Nickent.)

Again, sorry so long - I type very fast, so I can get wordy before I know it. If you read this far, congratulations.

Another update...

Nickent is awesome. I'm posting this from my phone so I won't be as wordy as usual (yet), but I will say that Jeff at Nickent has essentially redefined my idea of customer service - and he isn't even in "customer service" by title. I'll give a more in-depth conclusion update once all is settled, but suffice it to say my loyalty to the company (as already evidenced by my sig) has been bolstered.

I do have to throw in some props on top of those given to Jeff to THP, without which I wouldn't have had such a direct and easy connection with Nickent - my hat's off to both.

Nickent had already proven itself to me with performance, now it has done the same with service. I'll now be an even bigger poster-boy than before. I guess I need to start shopping for a wedge and putter so my whole bag can be green.

So glad it worked out for you. The entire team at Nickent is great to deal with. Jeff is a true gentleman and a pleasure to work with. We had the opportunity to get to know Jeff in Orlando and he is truly one of the best there is.

Well it's settled -- Jeff (and as an extension my view of Nickent as a whole) officially kicks ass. Remember it wasn't his company that ripped me, merely a company they happened to have a link to on their website - so he had no reason to help me other than his being awesome.

Yesterday when I got home I was greeted by a box containing this...
nickent_stuff.jpg

So not only did he hook me up with my missing headcover, he dug through the demo/trade-in/whatever bin and found me a hybrid of the exact specs (and what looks to be a new headcover) and threw that in there, too. Fantastic. Way above and beyond, I can't type enough thanks. There's a lot of green love in this bag, and it is well deserved.

bag_073009.jpg

Case closed, in a much, MUCH better manner than I could have ever hoped for or expected :banana:

Nickent is definitely one fine company.

I was also wondering why thecluboutlet.com website went down but I was told that Nickent filed a lawsuit to get back thecluboutlet.com who originally was Nickent's subdivision of used golf clubs. They wanted to keep their retailers happy so they named it thecluboutlet.com to make it appear as a different company. Well as long as Nickent is making their customers happy, that's what matters. I heard they are in trouble so if you guys are looking for great deals, I think now is the time.

Nickent has their own forum on this website that can answer any questions you ask directly from them. That way people do not have to deal with internet rumors or anything else. Only at THP, you can discuss with them directly.

Back