New Contest Thoughts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a great golf bag to give away and wanted to really go back to the old way of doing things. I think our thoughts are that with all the new people on here, it would be a fun way to get everybody together online and have one of the old "pull the names out of a hat" contest.

What are thoughts on this? Do you guys have the time? Do you want to try one the old way again? Etc etc.

YES! Let's do it that way!

I miss our old drawings! I was just thinking, we've gone away from that long enough, it would be fun to go back. :smile:

Remember...Sunday nights!

• Admin
My thoughts too Julie, but the last couple of sundays have been very slow on here. So we want to pick a two day period in which everybody that wants to join in can be here.

old school way sounds nice!

Absolutely! That sounds great, maybe if we began it on say a Tuesday or Wednesday night we'd have better luck getting more people to be able to be on line during the contest??

Heck yeah! Let's do it!!!!!!

fo sho!

• Admin
I am glad everybody seems excited so far. Let us also know when you are available to be online for it?

I am glad everybody seems excited so far. Let us also know when you are available to be online for it?

Weekend evenings are about the only time that I CANNOT find my way to the computer for this event. The family usually keeps me pretty busy on the weekends!

What's the old way of doing it? Ritual forum combat where the last golfer standing wints the prize?? :) I really need a new bag, having sexy clubs and a lameo bag, is really hurting my course cred..

LOL

:starwars:

and I'm so glad this thread came up, I've been looking for FOREVER for an excuse to use the starwars smiley :)

What's the old way of doing it? Ritual forum combat where the last golfer standing wints the prize?? :) I really need a new bag, having sexy clubs and a lameo bag, is really hurting my course cred..

LOL

:starwars:

and I'm so glad this thread came up, I've been looking for FOREVER for an excuse to use the starwars smiley :)

Here is an example.
OGIO Contest Day 1 - The Hackers Paradise

I looked at that post - how do I find out how much feedback I have. Is that the same as reputation?

Hopefully the contest will be either today or after August 1st :wish: I'm flying out early tomorrow morning and probably won't be on this DB for several days. Shucks.

Didn't he win the bag when it was all over?

I looked at that post - how do I find out how much feedback I have. Is that the same as reputation?

Hopefully the contest will be either today or after August 1st :wish: I'm flying out early tomorrow morning and probably won't be on this DB for several days. Shucks.

It will be after 8/1

Didn't he win the bag when it was all over?

He did win the bag.

All I have to say is....

AHAHAHA I'm Still In It

Made famous by Dent.

The little scale under your name can be used if people find your posts helpful or hurtful. You are fine, dont sweat it.

Thanks JB!

Hey, I'm kid free and mostly around through August 13. It would be fun to be in on one of these for more than a few minutes here and there.

But this time, we get our name in the hat once for every 1,000 posts--right? :angel:

Hey, be nice to us slower posters! :beat-up:

I miss the old drawings - but might have to draw 2-3 at a time or so to get through the massive user list we have nowadays, compared to back then!

Oh, and of course I won't be available from about 8/5 - 8/9 for obvious reasons. :angel:

Hey, be nice to us slower posters! :beat-up:

I miss the old drawings - but might have to draw 2-3 at a time or so to get through the massive user list we have nowadays, compared to back then!

Oh, and of course I won't be available from about 8/5 - 8/9 for obvious reasons. :angel:

Or what about even dragging it out during the day too. I realize that GG has to work but JB just sits around and dreams of all those staff bags he wants to buy. :laugh: Just a thought.

You caught me. hehe

Back