Weekend of 25th-26th.

Tonight my girlfriend and I are going out for sushi, tomorrow Im playing in a work golf outing at Kettle Moraine golf club in Dousman, WI and the rest of the weekend, my girlfriend and I are going to just kinda hang out.
Should be a great weekend!

Tonight my girlfriend and I are going out for sushi, tomorrow Im playing in a work golf outing at Kettle Moraine golf club in Dousman, WI and the rest of the weekend, my girlfriend and I are going to just kinda hang out.

Damn bake, now I want sushi...hehe

It's supposed be in the 100's here in the Portland area this weekend. I thought I was escaping some heat for a couple of days before it get warm for us again in our cruise to Ensenada. :sweat:

While you're in Ensenada, a few blocks south of downtown, on the main street (it turns into Hwy 1) go and pick up some tacos from MK Taco, it's yellow, red and green building. They cook them in the center (like at a Mongolian grill) Best darn tacos in town!

We're staying just down the street from there for the Baja this year. :blob::banana:

Watch out for the marshmallow fairways in a few areas. It looks solid but will actual flex up & down as you walk on it...weird stuff. Now a bad course overall, just built on a swamp.

The rain held off, and we did the nine and dine. You'd think I'd never picked up a club before. God, I sucked. The rest of the weekend will have to be the range, to atone for it.

Went out to Spessard-Holland GC in Melbourne Beach this morning. Was a little warm for me, but I decided to walk my first full 18 of the year. Had a pretty good round, especially on the back nine. Ended up with an 87 (par is 67) with 35 putts. The front nine I just could not lag anything close putting-wise, but picked it up on the back.

Now that I'm home, my legs and feet hate me. Especially the left one where I ruptured the achilles last year.

Took a short ride to a Bison ranch, climbed aboard a wagon & went into a herd of about 75 wild Bison's....the farm has 300 animals but they are kept in separate 10 acre plots. Got to hand feed them dried ears of corn. The babies don't eat it because their teeth aren't strong enough yet, but the adults take it right out of your hand & chomp away. The big males are huge but also quite docile for being wild animals.

Then hit the public zoo in Madison for a little while. Just a day of screwing off.

Fun day, Dyna! Bison do seem really docile, but when I was 15 we took a family roadtrip from WI out to Yellowstone and back, hitting all the sights along the way. While in Yellowstone we got stuck in traffic at one point when a big bull decided he was crossing the road. Someone in a motorhome must have aggravated him, because it put a bunch of dents and a couple punctures in the side of it.

The guy in the little red sportscar next to the motorhome was white as a ghost - that bison was bigger than his whole car!

While you're in Ensenada, a few blocks south of downtown, on the main street (it turns into Hwy 1) go and pick up some tacos from MK Taco, it's yellow, red and green building. They cook them in the center (like at a Mongolian grill) Best darn tacos in town!

We're staying just down the street from there for the Baja this year. :blob::banana:

Thanks for the tip! We should port there on Wednesday morning, so I'll make the lunch suggestion to the group.

Quick 9 holes this morning & then mowed the yard. A slow day of not doing much which is great every once in awhile.

Hitting the range immediately after church is great--I pretty much have the place to myself. I think I figured out the biggest swing issue I've been having lately. Maybe I won't give up this game after all. At least not this week.

Hitting the range immediately after church is great--I pretty much have the place to myself.

I like to hit the course while the churches are in session, usually just a handful of us out there at the time.

I like to hit the course while the churches are in session, usually just a handful of us out there at the time.

There's a lot of guys out there early on Sundays. But 10:00 am on the range is after them and before the afternoon crowd. Works well.

Back