JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How many of you are brand loyal in your clubs? It seems that more and more players that we meet are so loyal to one brand and never even try anything else. It has come to be recently over our shoot outs when a lot of avid loyalists have hit clubs other than their brand and were shocked with the differences.

We had one gentleman today that has never played anything but Mizuno irons. He tried Titliest and Pings, and even said he tried a Srixon driver once but always came back to Mizunos. Today he got to hit the hybrids side by side with others and was a little taken aback. Then he asked if he could hit some other irons and felt the same way. Now it is an extreme case obviously, but it got me thinking, about how many are so brand loyal. It seems that a lot of the mid-high handicaps especially buy a brand because of the brand rather than if it fits their game. (again these are just results from our testing in shoot outs, not a reflection against others on here)

I have never cared one bit what brand I am playing and have never had any less than 4 brands in my bag at a given time that I can remember. But do you find yourself brand loyal? And if so why? How do you know when buying new equipment without trying other brands or getting fitted? For instance, I have hated Nike drivers for 3 years, but absolutely LOVE this years version. And I might not like next years. Same goes with many other brands. I could not stand last years Mizuno CB irons, but absolutely love the MX-200.

For me it is different every time I shop for clubs and want to demo each and every one. But that is just me. So back to my original question, how brand loyal are you?

I'll use any brand as long as they are a top tier brand for quality issues.

Ping G2
Callaway steelhead 3 hand down 3 wood
Taylor made hybrid 3,4
Callaway x-22 irons
Cleveland c10 wedges 54, 56
too many putters to name

The only thing that stays the same in my bag every year is Bud Light.

Not at all loyal, currently have TM, Callaway, Titelist, Cleveland, TEE, etc. I mix & match clubs to fit whatever course I am playing that day.

I buy mine & if they fit my swing they stay, the ones which don't are either sold off or given away. I have given away a Nickent 3DX driver, Adams driver & 3w, Tour Swing driver, couple putters, etc. Have sold a lot more off on ebay.

Never cared about the name on the club, ball, or bag. Only care about how it works for me.

No brand loyalty here, just look what is in my bag. Only thing that is important to me is if it works well for me.

I'm kind of in the middle...

Ping will always be the first thing I try out, but I do love the offerings from so many different manufacturers. I've got 3 brands (of club) in my bag right now, and 2-3 different ball manufacturers.

I honestly don't see me changing anything in my bag anytime soon. I'm actually really happy with the clubs that I have.

I do fantasize about new fancy putters though...

• Admin
Yea,I'll say I'm very partial to certain brands. Will play nothing from Ping,Nike,Titleist,Cobra or Cleveland

• Admin
I'll play whatever I happen to win! hehe

I'll play whatever I happen to win! hehe

Which happens to be a lot lately!

I like the looks of having all one brand, but obviously, I don't care.

I am loyal to my current brand. Won't buy anything else, unless they go out of business. They are easy on my pocket book. My dealer offers great service after the sale. Their quality is as good, or better as any other brand. When I take them to the course, we get the job done. I can't say this about the other big OEMs sets I have owned.

I don't think it really matters what brand of clubs a person plays. All that ball is going to do is what the club face at separation makes it do, and the club only knows what it's player's swing made it do. :comp:

I will use different product but I have three brands in my bag right now Taylormade,Tour Edge,and Nike. It works but I mean if you build a set on ads it would be pretty sweet like taylormade driver, callaway irons, titleist balls, ETC. And I have had Nike for a while from my junior set 7 years ago to my dymo and t40. They make sweet equipment for someone who only made clubs because they signed Tiger Woods

I don't get new clubs often enough to say whether or not I'm brand loyal. I'm still on my first set of irons (13 years old, made from components, not name brand). I have a bunch of brands I have my eye on for when I replace them (thinking about doing that this fall), but I'm not locked in on any certain brand.

Although my bag doesn't look it, I'm not really brand loyal for golf clubs. If it works for me, I'll use it. When building my first set since 2002 this spring I really liked the Nickent clubs and reviews I'd found online were very good as well. The price was right and that's where I ended up.

Going forward, my driver is probably a good possibility for replacement. Probably going to add at least 1 more wedge as well. Most likely will head to an Edwin Watts or maybe the US1 Golf Center - they do a lot of fitting (Ping/Titleist/Cobra/TaylorMade/Callaway/Nike/Cleveland/Orlimar/Tour Edge) and have 5 PGA pros with a combined 47 years fitting experience. Just wish they also fit Mizuno, Nickent, Adams, and Bridgestone - then they'd have every possible make I would want to try out. Or take a trip to see Amollerud, not sure what brands he has available.

Which happens to be a lot lately!

I like the looks of having all one brand, but obviously, I don't care.

Luckily for me, they are good equipment!

Having all one brand is like having a matching washer-dryer set. Nice but totally unnecessary. (And like clubs, the washer may be highly rated but the matching dryer might be far down the list!)

D-Rock! This is the first time I noticed your WITB says this:

3-PW [Brand Nobody's Ever Heard Of]

Do tell . . . (I mean, I have some Northwesterns and some from GigaGolf!)

Amollerud fits the individual for their swing characteristics and they can take those to any brand out there.

Yea,I'll say I'm very partial to certain brands. Will play nothing from Ping,Nike,Titleist,Cobra,Callaway or Cleveland

Don't care for the looks or sound of Cobra Drivers.
Once played pings,(Eye2's)After 1 yr,I found 2 clubs were off with the loft .So, sent back to ping for the adjustment.When returned to me,the lie angle was now off.Sent back for the fix.Returned and the lie was correct,but the loft was off again.
I also don't care for the moon crescent on the crown.
Now,there irons look nasty to me,huge offset and a long toe.

Called my rep bitched about it and threw them in the trash.

When,I was hooked up with Titleist ,Told my rep to order me a set of irons.Never saw them lefty and only saw them in the Rh version.
When They arrived,I called him to come over.When He arrived ,I had him compare them to the RH version.They were totally a different look,besides being LH vs Rh.The shape was nasty looking compared to the Rh version.Said,You can keep them.I'll continue playing my Mizzy's. His response was ,"that's ok,We are a Ball company anyway.We only build clubs to supplement our Business.
Never used another Titleist product after that.

I don't like the performance of Bore-tru's.So, Titleist woods and Callway woods are never played.

Cleveland doesn't make anything that appeals to me.Their Hibore is ugly.

Nike,well they are not a Golf Company in my opinion.They bought their way into it and my first impression of their stuff wasn't good.

So you base it all off past years? I will disagree with the assesment of Nike not being a golf company. They are just as much of one as Titleist being owned by a liquor company and so on. They have one of the top club makers in the history of golf, and what company has NOT bought their way?

But that is an argument for another day.

So you base it all off past years? I will disagree with the assesment of Nike not being a golf company. They are just as much of one as Titleist being owned by a liquor company and so on. They have one of the top club makers in the history of golf, and what company has NOT bought their way?

But that is an argument for another day.

What else would I have to base my opinion off of?That seems silly of you to say. If you had a bad experience with a Honda,more then likely you wouldn't buy another one.Would you?

Sorry,I don't care for certain products.Doesn't mean everyone else can't buy them.If you like them,that's all that matters

Reactions: JB
It was not meant like that at all. What I meant was that so many products change from year to year like I used in my example in the post and do people try each thing each year or not.

For instance Nike clubs were SOOO much different before the VR line. Mizunos are different now that Stites is not there. Nickent is much different since Hoefy got there, Callaway wedges are different since Roger Cleveland got there, etc..

I'm only loyal to one brand in golf..........Underarmour and Oakley!

However this is only because I have had two buddies, who in a weird and freaky way owe either their lives and/or eyes/other ody parts to their products. (Well 2 VERY good corpsman too!):D

I also seem to lean towards supporting companies who are active with the Wounded Warrior project, even if I am admitting a weakness...........i.e.-using THAT to get me to buy their stuff...........

When it comes to clubs I will demo (then play with) everything I can get my paws on and then some! I mean 2 weeks ago I was set on the VR Split cavity's now I am going to have to demo Adams' player's stuff and I still might have to go back and re-demo the AP2's.........:banghead:

In my bag right now after playing 9 holes is:
Nickent GH Plus Driver
Nike - 3 wood
2 iron - Impex (knockoff Hogan Apex Plus)
3-9 irons - Adams Tight Lies GT Tour
6 iron - Adams Idea A4
Wedges - Cleveland PW, Wilson Staff GW, Nike SW
Putter - '98 Scotty Santa Fe ltd. ed.

Not brang loyal at all. Currently have Nike, Nickent, Taylor Made, Clevelend and See More in my bag. I think you can be too brand loyal and therefor limit yourself and your options. I see no reason to do that. I'll play whatever I find that fits my game. Gotta love options!

What Seemore Kevin? I see Odyssey.

What Seemore Kevin? I see Odyssey.

Ha yea I took back the Odyssey. I putted terrible with it. I picked up an FGP2 again after the glowing reviews here on THP! Im in the middle of no where MD for my gf's sons little league tournament and heading out tomorrow morning for a round. It will be my first round with the See More.

Back