Ha yea I took back the Odyssey. I putted terrible with it. I picked up an FGP2 again after the glowing reviews here on THP! Im in the middle of no where MD for my gf's sons little league tournament and heading out tomorrow morning for a round. It will be my first round with the See More.

Read this thread.
Putter Sampling - The Hackers Paradise

I have always liked Ping irons and putters. I still use my eye 2 copper irons that I have had for many years. I have tried other brands but I keep going back to the Pings. They just feel good to me and I have a lot of confidence in them.

Regarding woods, I have a closet full of drivers, 3 woods, etc. Same with wedges, so I wouldn't consider myself brand loyal.

That was a cool thread. Just reconfirms it for me! I initially didnt think GG carried See More and I dont think they did till just recently. I was actually a little rushed when I went it and got the 2 ball. I tried the See More and really liked it but rushed myself into the 2 ball. Then I just didnt putt that well with it and started to see that $299 price tag in my sleep. Went back to GG and this time did my own putter shoot out and left with the See More. Love it. And what an awesome head cover too! And for the price of the 2 ball I gained 2 boxes of E6+'s! Bonus!

I have to admit I'm brand loyal to Callaway....... I love the look, feel and ball flight I get from most callaway products. I did however opt for Cobra irons over Callaway irons so I'm not a hardcore Callaway fan that will only try Callaway products.

You need to start your own thread on that so the seemore guys that read this forum can see it. They love reading stuff like that.

Back to brand loyal, I could not have any more different ones in my bag I dont think...hehe

So you base it all off past years? I will disagree with the assesment of Nike not being a golf company. They are just as much of one as Titleist being owned by a liquor company and so on. They have one of the top club makers in the history of golf, and what company has NOT bought their way?

But that is an argument for another day.

When Nike exploded into the market ,I tried their stuff,just like everyone.I hit one of their Irons and the darn thing vibrated like mad.It actually hurt my hands.He even gave me another one to try,but had the same experience.Thank god he was a lefty.I had him hit my club and then hit his own.He noticed the same thing.Hitting their driver I couldn't get past the two tone paint job nor the sound.I prefer a more muted sound.

Having knowledge that Bridgestone makes some of Nike balls,I tried them.Didn't care for the feel.Felt hard and didn't perform like my normal Bridgestone ball.
For those reasons alone,I don't care for their products.

What doesn't work for me doesn't mean They won't perform for others.Sorry,that I'm very picky about the products I choose to play..

Another 2 cents.I also don't care for their Str8 system.Doesn't look very professional. The big notched nut and their ferrule isn't very appealing to me.I've seen that rubber o-ring just break apart.The Nickent version looks far superior.Even though the Nike Has more adjustments then the TM version,I feel It looks nicer.

It seems to me that the Nike and the TM have the same amount of adjustments. As for the Nike balls, they are made in the Bridgestone plant, but according to both Bridgestone and Nike, they are not really "made by Bridgestone". Completely Nike patents and R&D.

But back on topic, different strokes for different folks is what makes this game great.

You need to start your own thread on that so the seemore guys that read this forum can see it. They love reading stuff like that.

Back to brand loyal, I could not have any more different ones in my bag I dont think...hehe

I'll have to do that after I get a few rolls in with it! I know they'll really like the part about taking a Odyssey 2-ball back to get a See More! hehe

Yea you got a pretty mixed bag too! You know what I like though. People take notice when you dont have all the same thing in your bag. Then I get a chance to tell them how good the Nickent products and See More putters are!

It seems to me that the Nike and the TM have the same amount of adjustments. As for the Nike balls, they are made in the Bridgestone plant, but according to both Bridgestone and Nike, they are not really "made by Bridgestone". Completely Nike patents and R&D.

But back on topic, different strokes for different folks is what makes this game great.

Sorry for implying How Bridgestone makes nike balls.Not how it was suppose to be.Yes, Bridgestone makes them,but all Nike R&D and technology.

Are you sure on TM and Nike having same Adjustments?To my eye,Seems like Nike has more.TM ,you can only adjust 1* at a time.But, with the nike,looks like you can get .5* in two settings?The Nike and Nickent Looks to be the best for adjustments.
Go with me on this one,LOL.I'm giving Nike a compliment

I will pull them both out tomorrow and see. They both have the same amount of notches IIRC. But I will check them both out and take some pictures side by side. You might be right. I thought both had 8 settings. L, R, N, NU, and each had markers half way in between each setting. But I am going on memory and could be wrong.

Luckily for me, they are good equipment!

Having all one brand is like having a matching washer-dryer set. Nice but totally unnecessary. (And like clubs, the washer may be highly rated but the matching dryer might be far down the list!)

D-Rock! This is the first time I noticed your WITB says this:

Do tell . . . (I mean, I have some Northwesterns and some from GigaGolf!)

My irons are Chicago Golf, 944 DB. I think that Chicago Golf was a company out of the Tampa, FL, area that pretty much just made components. I'm pretty sure they aren't around anymore.

I had a Chicago golf putter with a graphite shaft for a couple of years. They were sold everywhere around here, so you might be right about them being from Tampa.

Ya got me..I would hav'ta answer yes to the question.
1st excuse would be familiarity, ie. have used the brand before & was happy with results. My current bag didn't start out as brand loyality,except for the wedges I have used Cleveland wedges before & always like 'em.
A lil off topic but I do the same in my bowling. I have 5 Track brand bowling balls. :rolleyes:

I will pull them both out tomorrow and see. They both have the same amount of notches IIRC. But I will check them both out and take some pictures side by side. You might be right. I thought both had 8 settings. L, R, N, NU, and each had markers half way in between each setting. But I am going on memory and could be wrong.

Yea you are right, however TM also adds the little weight thingy's at the back like the R7 so I think they figure that into the mix as well?

On a side note, maybe it's just my mind playing with me, but EVERY adjustale driver I hit seems/feels/hits off, what's weird is I can't pinpoint why or even what......go figure? I hit the EXACT same club in its non-adjustable setup and like it more, well except for the TM head seems to heavy to me.

Hello, my name is Bama and i am a club ho...

just by the definition of the term "club ho" should tell people I am not brand specific...
BUT, I find it 10x easier to resell/ho brand name equipment, than non household name clubs....

Now, I also read many reviews and peoples forum posts before trying clubs...
The demo van is also another nice place to try clubs out...

I think someone compared a bad year car to a bad year club....
My wife owns a Honda and paid dearly for it in 2006....I was researching cars last year for myself....
I am an engineer and wanted the best bang for the buck.
I researched all makes and models and found that the Hyundai Corporation had finally gotten some cars right in the year 2008 that were previously suspect. I bought one last year and have never looked back....Same amount of options as the Honda and cost 6K less....

I can use the same comparison for clubs...You never know when a certain golf manufactures that has had some lemons in the past, might stumble upon a gem in the future... ;-)

I would also like to add that the Impex (Hogan Edge Plus knock-offs) I have are some of the funnest clubs to play with AND the whole set with DG's cost less than $200 US, 2-SW..............BUT resell value is nill! :D

Hello, my name is Bama and i am a club ho...

just by the definition of the term "club ho" should tell people I am not brand specific...
BUT, I find it 10x easier to resell/ho brand name equipment, than non household name clubs....

Now, I also read many reviews and peoples forum posts before trying clubs...
The demo van is also another nice place to try clubs out...

I think someone compared a bad year car to a bad year club....
My wife owns a Honda and paid dearly for it in 2006....I was researching cars last year for myself....
I am an engineer and wanted the best bang for the buck.
I researched all makes and models and found that the Hyundai Corporation had finally gotten some cars right in the year 2008 that were previously suspect. I bought one last year and have never looked back....Same amount of options as the Honda and cost 6K less....

I can use the same comparison for clubs...You never know when a certain golf manufactures that has had some lemons in the past, might stumble upon a gem in the future... ;-)

That is so true. Took me a long time to unload a set Of KZG irons one time.I did end up giving the set away.

I have played irons by Dunlop, Maxfli (before Dunlop bought them) Wilson, Titliest, TM, and Tommy Armour. I have developed an affinity for Tommy Armour blades. Too bad there won't be any more. I have played Titleist, Nike, and TM drivers. I prefer TM's, but have tested the Ping G10 with good results. I could switch.

Putters and FW woods are whatever feels right. I have a Cleveland HiBore in the bag now, but have several other brands I can switch to.

Obvioulsy, I am a club ho like some others on here.

I used to be. When I started (early 90s), I played Mizuno irons (because Nick Faldo did - what can I say?) and Taylor Made woods, because they were the best. The old burner with the dimples on the back. Great club. Went through Callaway woods for a little bit, but I haven't liked anything they did since the warbird. I had an all-Titleist bag for about five years. 975D, 975J, 975J-VS, 983K drivers for a long time, 681s, vokey wedges and a scotty putter. Then I bought a Tour Edge driver and got away from Titleist, bought some Scratch irons, which were pretty good, but I fancied a change and got the VR blades and love them. I now have quite an array of stuff in my bag as you can see.

I am somewhat, but not in the pure sense. I will always try TM woods and Mizuno irons first if I'm shopping for something new. The reason is I have a good performance track record with those two companies. Their products have worked for me. That doesn't mean I won't try anyone else's products. I'll spend a lot of time on the launch monitor trying anybody's stuff out and if it works for me I'll buy it. I have been brand loyal to ProV1's but with everything I've heard about the Bridgestone B330RXs I will be buying a sleeve of those soon.

I am brand loyal to a certain extent. Although I have 5 different brands that I use right now. My company has a vested interest in a sister/parent company of a club company so I try and support them when I can. I will typically look at all the options and if most things are equal I tend to support the company that supports my company.

I buy what works at the time. But I don't have time to try everything out there before making a purchase. Therefore, there are probably good products out there with little marketing dollars that I will not try. Think MacGregor, Bridgestone, Tour Edge, Nickent, etc.

I've played Tommy Armour 845s, Titleist 962s, TaylorMade S300s and now Callaway irons. I tend to play the same set for 5+ years. The next set if I were to buy today would be either Adams or TaylorMade.

I've played TaylorMade (multiple times), Callaway, Ping and now Callaway again for drivers. Fairway woods and hybrids include Nickent and Cleveland along with the usual suspects of TaylorMade and Callaway. I would certainly give the Nike Str8 fit driver a try if I were looking for a new driver.

Cleveland and Titleist wedges. Ping, Titlesit, Odyssey putters.

As for balls, I've played them all. I can always find a pro-line ball that is good enough for my game at a decent price. I won't pay more than $30 per dozen, and prefer $20 if possible. So no Titleist or Callaway for me.

Out of curiosity, why?

Here's a couple of reasons

• I've had good experiences with Ping equipment
  • My pro / teacher has been the "Clubfitter Of The Year" for them (nationally) 2 or 3 times

Here's a couple of reasons

• I've had good experiences with Ping equipment
  • My pro / teacher has been the "Clubfitter Of The Year" for them (nationally) 2 or 3 times

Thanks GB. I was wondering.

I've tried them all and will continuie to keep an open mind when purchasing new stuff. I always seem to end up with Callaway drivers though no matter what. Everything else I leave open to demonstration.

Back