Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

538013_10151170448011353_1445888255_n.jpg

Project X Introduces New Lightweight PXv Shafts for Maximum Velocity

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (January 17, 2013) — Today, Project X introduced its new line of PXv shafts as the next iteration of the tour-winning Project X graphite family. The new shafts extend Project X’s Tour-proven history and heritage by providing more performance for more golfers than ever before.

“PXv delivers a progressive launch angle dependent on the flex to create a new level of performance in a graphite shaft,” said Don Brown, Project X product development manager and designer. “By incorporating the most advanced materials available in the industry today, our R&D team has designed a shaft that produces maximum velocity for the ball while preserving critical stability and control through the hitting zone.”

PXv is offered in three different weights: PXv Tour at 70 grams, PXv Tour 52 at 52 grams and the incredibly super lightweight PXv 39 which is 39 grams.
“With PXv 39, we accomplished an industry first; a true sub-40 gram high performance graphite shaft that delivers the control expected of the Project X brand,” Brown said. “For players who may not want to go that light, PXv Tour 52 is a great option, and PXv Tour is a perfect complementing fairway wood design to PXv 52 or a shaft design for players looking for a slightly heavier driver shaft.”

The new additions to the Project X family set a new benchmark for high performance shafts. The PXv shafts are ideal for competitive and aspirational players who are constantly seeking the latest technology in golf equipment to give them a competitive edge.

The new PXv line of shafts will be available for demoing at the 2013 PGA Merchandise Show Demo Day in Orlando, FL on January 23 at Tee #4.
Where to Buy

PXv Tour 52 and PXv Tour are now available through True Temper’s network of distributors, while PXv 39 is available exclusively through True Temper’s Performance Fitting Centers.

For more information about PXv, visit www.pxshaft.com. Also, become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/projectxgolf, and follow at www.twitter.com/projectxgolf. To find a Performance Fitting Center in your area, visit www.performancefittingcenter.com.
###

About True Temper Sports
The leading manufacturer of golf shafts in the world, True Temper Sports is consistently the number one shaft on all professional tours globally. The company markets a complete line of shafts under the True Temper®, Grafalloy® and Project X® shaft brands, and sells these brands in more than 30 countries throughout the world. True Temper Sports is proudly represented by more than 1,000 individuals in ten facilities located in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Australia. For more information, visit www.truetemper.com.

Very cool. These will be interesting.

I hope THP staff going to the demo day get a chance to hit a club with these installed!

Really cool. Though this creates the question, how light is too light?

Very interesting, I hope these will be close some day so I can give them a swing or two!!!

That is pretty cool. I would like to try one of those.

This is very interesting to me! I cant wait to find out more.

Wow those are really light.

Curious to see how these perform.

Gotta love all these new shaft offerings!

Cool they are coming out with a lighter shaft, but typically I'm not a huge fan of lighter iron shafts. I'll give them a hit though.

That is a serious lightweight shaft! I wasn't a fan of some other 40 (or so) gram shafts that I've tried but I'm curious if this could change my mind.

Hope THP is able to get an interview at the PX booth. They have had some interesting releases in the past year.

Very cool! Are these intended to have the same characteristics as the regular Velocity line in a lighter weight?

Cool they are coming out with a lighter shaft, but typically I'm not a huge fan of lighter iron shafts. I'll give them a hit though.
I'm not a fan of superlight shafts either, but the article notes that these will be for driver and fairway woods, not irons.
It's probably a tad confusing on the surface, since we are accustomed to Rifle branded shafts to be iron shafts.
Still, extremely light even for woods, except for the 70 gram.
52 gm is light, and 39 grm is ridiculously light.
I can't really see any advanced players using a 39 gram shaft, as the shaft's walls would be so thin as to lose hoop strength, and I'd expect the shaft to feel a lot whippier than a comparable 70 gram shaft, even if the supposed frequency were listed as the same value.
I wouldn't be surprised to see some shaft breakage if someone puts these in a clamp to change grips or to take this shaft out of an existing club if they were re-shafting down the road.

Love it. If there is a hybrid shaft available consider me pondering.

THPing on Tapatalk

Love it. If there is a hybrid shaft available consider me pondering.

THPing on Tapatalk
I would think they'd probably do that since they do that with their other line, but you never know!!!

Can someone explain the Project X stiffness numbers to me. What do the numbers measure and what do they compare to in a more simple sytem like r, s, x. Thanks for you help.

Can someone explain the Project X stiffness numbers to me. What do the numbers measure and what do they compare to in a more simple sytem like r, s, x. Thanks for you help.

5.0 - regular
5.5 - regular +
6.0 - stiff
6.5 - extra stiff

Aren't these the standard offering in the new Callaway line of XHots? Saw them in DSG the other day and thought they were an amazing stock offering!

Aren't these the standard offering in the new Callaway line of XHots? Saw them in DSG the other day and thought they were an amazing stock offering!

No, the X Hots come with the DG Speed Step 85, X hot Pros come with the Project X 95, and the X Forged come with the Project X PXI as their stock shafts

Good looking shaft be interesting to see how these work for people.

Yes I believe the XHot Driver and FW have them!

5.0 - regular
5.5 - regular +
6.0 - stiff
6.5 - extra stiff

I don't think cookie is far off but the wood shafts and iron shafts are different. Having played both and been fitted for both, here is my interpretation:

Wood Shafts

5.0 = they do not produce a 5.0 wood shaft
5.5 = regular flex
6.0 = stiff flex
6.5 = stiff + flex
7.0 = X stiff

Irons

5.0 = regular
5.5 = firm-stiff
6.0 = stiff +
6.5 = x stiff
7.0 = x stiff +

I don't think cookie is far off but the wood shafts and iron shafts are different. Having played both and been fitted for both, here is my interpretation:

Wood Shafts

5.0 = they do not produce a 5.0 wood shaft
5.5 = regular flex
6.0 = stiff flex
6.5 = stiff + flex
7.0 = X stiff

Irons

5.0 = regular
5.5 = firm-stiff
6.0 = stiff +
6.5 = x stiff
7.0 = x stiff +

Good catch and you are right, they are different and I was just thinking of my irons. Pretty sure that royal precision has a nice chart on their site with a good breakdown.

Back