Lance Armstong - Oprah Interview

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Figured this one is going to be plastered all over the news for the next few days, why not talk about it here?

Anyone else getting ready to watch this?

I am. I had to figure out what channel the Oprah channel is. Nothing better then doing it on an obscure cable channel that is hard to find.

Is he going to confess? Or has he already? I'm behind.

I am. I had to figure out what channel the Oprah channel is. Nothing better then doing it on an obscure cable channel that is hard to find.
Its not HD, so dont look there.

Is he going to confess? Or has he already? I'm behind.
The interview was taped, and he supposedly confessed in the interview.

Enablers

Ok thanks.

Dude doped it up....he will admit it when he gets his ego out of the way!

My wife is getting all set up to watch this.

Well, I guess the main reason I am watching is due to the family business being Cycling shops. I cant tell you how easy it was to sell certain things because Lance endorsed them. Livestrong sold like CRAZY. Supplements (legal ones) that he endorsed, cycling shoes, helmets, sunglasses, water bottles, jerseys, it sold like crazy. Then one day, it all stopped.

Posted this in the banter thread, quoting it here as well.

I supported Livestrong. I had shoes, shirts, the wrist band. I feel duped. Yes the money went to a good cause, that's not the point. The guy was a fraud and swore up and down that he wasn't. He steamrolled people who got in his way and it was all a lie. While the cause is still very noble, I don't support Livestrong in that way anymore.

Fraud.

I want to backhand him.

Oprah coming out firing right off the bat.

Yes, yes, yes, yes. What hasnt he used?

Banned substances and blood doping in all 7.

Not Humanly possible to win them without doping.

Interesting.

Views it all as one big lie

Fraud.

I want to backhand him.
Yeah I wouldn't have got as bad as is is now if he would have just came clean a long time ago. Heck most people would have forgot all about it by now.

An entire career that was a lie, what a fraud. I'm not watching, although the wife will be. I'm in the den watching Person of Interest.

Banned substances and blood doping in all 7.

Not Humanly possible to win them without doping.

Interesting.

its like he saying everybody is doing it... Well if everyone was jumping off the bridge would he follow.... Regardless he made his bed, and stood for so long and said not me.

"Im not here to bash anyone, or to bring up names"

LMAO. Oh, so thoughtful of you Lance, what a nice guy you are. Jerk.

"Im out of the business of calling someone a liar"

What? Anyone who says anything remotely negative about Lance is immediately attacked by him and his goons.

its like he saying everybody is doing it... Well if everyone was jumping off the bridge would he follow.... Regardless he made his bed, and stood for so long and said not me.

If I recall, they had to go pretty far down the finishers to find someone to award a winner of some of the races because of all the people banned for cheating as well. Everyone was kinda doing it too.

It's probably a good thing that I don't get this channel on my cable system. I don't want to get nauseous tonight.

Yeah so if you wanted to be competitive you kinda had to do it huh? How many of us would know who Lance was if he hadn't took the juice and won all those races? I know I wouldn't know who he was. So those guys were basically in a no win situation??

Yeah so if you wanted to be competitive you kinda had to do it huh? How many of us would know who Lance was if he hadn't took the juice and won all those races? I know I wouldn't know who he was. So those guys were basically in a no win situation??
I ride with many guys who are Cat 3 riders, working their tails off to become a Cat 1 or Cat 2 rider (basically a pro cyclist w/o sponsor) and cant advance because the competition is just too good. These dudes who are Cat 1 and Cat 2 are clean for the most part (strict testing in the US now), so to go above and beyond the Cat 1/2's, you have to be better and get a competitive edge...

I ride with many guys who are Cat 3 riders, working their tails off to become a Cat 1 or Cat 2 rider (basically a pro cyclist w/o sponsor) and cant advance because the competition is just too good. These dudes who are Cat 1 and Cat 2 are clean for the most part (strict testing in the US now), so to go above and beyond the Cat 1/2's, you have to be better and get a competitive edge...
So are you saying to be at the top, in that era anyway you had to be taking banned substances? Because without being at the top you get little to no endorsement deals because your not winning or at least finishing well. Sorry I know nothing about cycling. That's just the way I'm seeing it.

Back