Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say 50/50. I play some short courses where it would be great off the tee, but also play a few long courses where it would be useful trying to reach par 5's in 2.

I would say that if you have the right shaft in it, it's a beast off of the tee, but not the easiest fairway wood out there to hit from the fairway. I have the RBZ Tour 3 wood right now, and it's a pretty low launching 3 wood.

I would say that if you have the right shaft in it, it's a beast off of the tee, but not the easiest fairway wood out there to hit from the fairway. I have the RBZ Tour 3 wood right now, and it's a pretty low launching 3 wood.

I still want to hit that RBZ of yours...

That's a bit steep too

However, the Matrix 8M3 black tie is a custom option at no extra cost. It could make the extra $50 bearable. For the Stage 2 TP, that is.

Edit: Just checked the Taylormade site again and the 8M3 is now a $100 upgrade on a fairway wood that is already $379. That puts it waaay out of my price range. Back to pondering...

Last edited:

What would you say makes it a challenge to hit out of the fairway?

I still want to hit that RBZ of yours...

It might be hitting the BST soon....

What would you say makes it a challenge to hit out of the fairway?

Slightly deeper face than some other fairway woods out there, and the effective loft is lower than some other 3 woods too when you add in the open face. Also, mine was an eBay purchase and I went with the Kai'li 70 shaft, which I've played in other fairway woods. However, the Kai'li 70 in this club feels stiffer than anything else I've played in the past, so I think the shaft in this club isn't the greatest fit for me.

It might be hitting the BST soon...

As i'm not sure what BST is, but thinking thst means it might be availible. But being that I know what the head is and worth on its own. I know its out of my budget...lol

It might be hitting the BST soon....

Slightly deeper face than some other fairway woods out there, and the effective loft is lower than some other 3 woods too when you add in the open face. Also, mine was an eBay purchase and I went with the Kai'li 70 shaft, which I've played in other fairway woods. However, the Kai'li 70 in this club feels stiffer than anything else I've played in the past, so I think the shaft in this club isn't the greatest fit for me.

I have the 13 degree TP with the Rul70 shaft. It took me a little while to get used to it of the deck. Agree the open face was a bit different for me. Now that I'm used to it I love it. But admittedly will be looking at the Callaway offerings this year

As i'm not sure what BST is, but thinking thst means it might be availible. But being that I know what the head is and worth on its own. I know its out of my budget...lol

Buy, Sell, Trade forum. AKA the Marketplace.

I have the 13 degree TP with the Rul70 shaft. It took me a little while to get used to it of the deck. Agree the open face was a bit different for me. Now that I'm used to it I love it. But admittedly will be looking at the Callaway offerings this year

The RBZ 3 wood is definitely hot, that's for sure. I just think the setup I have isn't the best for me. I've always been a person that has a pretty shallow swing so I have a slightly tougher time elevating a fairway wood off of the deck, it's the one club where I have that problem. I hit the Cleveland Mashie 3 wood much better off the deck, but it was partly the club and partly the shaft was a little softer. I really want to try out the RBZ Stage 2 16.5 degree head or the X Hot Pro 4 wood to be a single fairway wood in my bag.

The RBZ 3 wood is definitely hot, that's for sure. I just think the setup I have isn't the best for me. I've always been a person that has a pretty shallow swing so I have a slightly tougher time elevating a fairway wood off of the deck, it's the one club where I have that problem. I hit the Cleveland Mashie 3 wood much better off the deck, but it was partly the club and partly the shaft was a little softer. I really want to try out the RBZ Stage 2 16.5 degree head or the X Hot Pro 4 wood to be a single fairway wood in my bag.

I like the sounds of that Xhot.... Personally I wish I had gone with a higher lofted fairway wood.

Buy, Sell, Trade forum. AKA the Marketplace.

Thanks Dam. Blondie moment there...

Ary, I think with your swing you would murder the ball with something like a White Tie or Kusala White in it...

Thanks Dam. Blondie moment there...

Ary, I think with your swing you would murder the ball with something like a White Tie or Kusala White in it...

Heck, I hit that Kusala Blue 72 well in my Mashie 3 wood....now you have me thinking of pulling that out and putting it in the RBZ Tour 3 wood head. But I like new stuff too, I just need to get fit for fairway woods and hybrids at some point.

Heck, I hit that Kusala Blue 72 well in my Mashie 3 wood....now you have me thinking of pulling that out and putting it in the RBZ Tour 3 wood head. But I like new stuff too, I just need to get fit for fairway woods and hybrids at some point.

That head with a 72g Blue X flex gives me cold sweats... I can only dream of the damage that could be down with that combo.. Pondering now...just to at least to keep this somewhat on subject.

I've only had mine for about two weeks and been able to hit it a few separate times, and in general I've had a similar experience. The more I hit it, the easier it is for me to hit it from the fairway.

Does anyone have experience with the Matrix 8M3 shaft in a fairway? I have read that it's pretty low launching.

Edit: Nevermind. Just found out it's a $100 upgrade on a $379 3 wood. Bummer.

Does anyone have experience with the Matrix 8M3 shaft in a fairway? I have read that it's pretty low launching.

Not the 8m3. I've got the 7m3 in a 14.5 head. I would say it is fairly low launching from the deck. Off the tee it is pretty easy to hit nice and high. I hit the ball pretty high so it works well for me as I wanted something to help on windy days.

bpk10060 clev__t.jpg

Heck yea. I would love that. Those Bridgestone ones make me smile. And jealous.

I like the sounds of that Xhot.... Personally I wish I had gone with a higher lofted fairway wood.

I bet that RBZ is all kinds of 13 or lower to begin with..

Maybe a Classic 3w in your near future buddy!

Talk to me Nate...what are you looking to off????
Ha-Ha....nothing, just didn't know Cookie was wanting the JDL shaft in his Amp cause I already had that and could of let him use it.

Pondering the GD AD-BB... If you love your clubs then why not F them up by switching shafts, right?

That Nike staff bag will be mine tomorrow. If its still there at least.

That Nike staff bag will be mine tomorrow. If its still there at least.

Staff bags are awsome. You gotta show us some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back