Do you remember your first eagle, birdie and par?

AHacker'sHacker

Who is John Galt?
Reaction score
Handicap
WIP
Roguepixel’s thread about his first eagle got me to thinking. Can you remember where you got your first eagle, birdie and par? I most definitely do. Didn’t bother including first hole in one since I can’t imagine someone forgetting that one (still looking for mine). :angry:

My first eagle was a 105 yard shot out of the woods that spun to the right and went in. Never forget that one.

I don't rememebr my first par, I remember my first birdie, still looking for my first eagle.

Roguepixel’s thread about his first eagle got me to thinking. Can you remember where you got your first eagle, birdie and par? I most definitely do. Didn’t bother including first hole in one since I can’t imagine someone forgetting that one (still looking for mine). :angry:

I wish I could remember those things....but I honestly don't. I remember making several eagles (8 I think), but I don't know which was first. I can see the ones I remember clearly, but cannot put them in chronological order. As for birdies and pars....just plain NO.

Don't recall either..

My first eagle was on a 536-yard par 5. I was about 15-20 yards from the front edge in 2, and chipped in over a bunker for the 3. My first eagle on a par 4 was this past spring, dunked a 9 iron from 135; the ball was in a rut in the fairway from the drainage system no less. First birdie, no idea, neither for the first par.

Don't remember any of the firsts. Been a long time, more than 20 years for each, and too many others since then to confuse the issue. I've eagled all of the par 5 holes more than once, 2 par 3's and one par 4 on my home course. I've also birdied every hole on the course at least twice. I've been playing this course for some 25 years. :D

I do remember my only eagle away from my home course, and my only eagle on a par 4. I also remember quite clearly both of my aces. :clapp:

I have completed my own personal "golf slam" of made golf shots for bogey, or better. (not counting putts) I remember what golf course those shots took place at, and the hole. :clapp:

My first eagle (I've had 5) came on the 10th hole of the day at Ft Gordon, GA in the summer of 2003. My Dad and I had just finished up 9 holes and he decided he was done for the day. I tee off on number 10, which is right next to the parking lot, and stripe my drive down the middle. I have 150 yard to a front right pin. As I pciked up my bag and headed down the fairway, my Dad waved bye to me from his truck and drove off. I get up to my ball and hit a 9 iron high and dead at the pin. There was a twosome on the next tee that threw their hands up as the ball backed into the hole (I didn't see it fall in).

I was really excited about it but really disappointed that my Dad wasn't there to see it.

I have never gotten an eagle. I'm sure most of you won't be able to relate to this because you're better golfers, but the most exciting thing for me so far has been a birdie on a par 4. I can't take credit for any skill on that hole - just a lot of luck with bounces and rolls.

I remember the two eagles I have made(hole out on a par 3 and a par 4), but I can't remember the first birdie or first pars, too long and too many swings ago.

Isn't an eagle on a par 3 a hole-in-one? :confused2:

Yes, but it's still an eagle.

I remember my first par in a round that mattered and I think I remember my first par, but might be imagining it. When I first got my handicap, I had to play one round and my handicap would be based off what my score was for the day. On the sixth hole, which was the index four hole (and still gets me now regularly) I sliced my drive into the woods and it clattered a tree hard and came out into the middle of the fairway. I sliced my second shot into the trees and it clattered a tree hard and came out into the middle of the fairway. I hit my third shot just short of the green and holed it from there for a four. Nice. That was on the way to shooting 106, which gave me a first handicap of 35.

I don't remember my first birdie. I don't remember my first eagle either, although I do remember the first time I eagled one of the par fives at my home course because it took me a couple of years after I'd wrapped up eagles on the other ones. Chipped in for that one.

I remember my first (and second) hole in one. They stick reasonably well. I also remember my first (and only) albatross. I will take that one to the grave. :banana:

I have never gotten an eagle. I'm sure most of you won't be able to relate to this because you're better golfers, but the most exciting thing for me so far has been a birdie on a par 4. I can't take credit for any skill on that hole - just a lot of luck with bounces and rolls.

sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

Yep it is, and scoring a "1" on any hole looks really good. Having the signed and attested to score card(s) hanging on your wall is pretty cool also. :clapp:

It's both.

Yep it is, and scoring a "1" on any hole looks really good. Having the signed and attested to score card(s) hanging on your wall is pretty cool also. :clapp:

I've had some eagles but don't remember the specifics of any of them. Now ask me about my hole-in-one and I could tell you that day's temperature, the conversations in my foursome, which way the wind was blowing, what the birds were singing......:D

Isn't an eagle on a par 3 a hole-in-one? :confused2:

Are you for real? What is so confusing about this? How many under par is an eagle? How many under par is a hole in one on a par three?

EDIT: Everyone beat me to it!

I don't rememebr my first par, I remember my first birdie, still looking for my first eagle.

What he said! My first birdie was as a sophomore playing in the same group as a couple seniors on a par 4 around water. The would alwyas try to drive the green and did, once in a while and always two putt for birdie. I tired but left it way out to the left but semi-close. Chipped to 20 feet or so and made the putt. (I made a lot of long putts when I was learning the game; too bad they don't come as often anymore!)

Last edited:
Did you honestly not know that or are you looking to start another argument here:confused2:

Are you for real? What is so confusing about this? How many under par is an eagle? How many under par is a hole in one on a par three?

EDIT: Everyone beat me to it!

Does anybody remember hey_scuba? hehe

I guess it's just a matter of what you need to brag about more. Most people would want the hole-in-one bragging rights, but if you've already done that, but have never gotten an eagle - you'd prefer to brag about that. I've never heard anyone choose the latter though.

But the thread was do you remember your first eagle? CM responded that he did.

But the thread is asking about eagles, birdies, and pars - not holes in one.

I would have answered exactly the same way.

Normally, I'd say you're thinking like men and your logic is faulty, but you're all men so I'm going to read about something else.

Back