Do you remember your first eagle, birdie and par?

Normally, I'd say you're thinking like men and your logic is faulty, but you're all men so I'm going to read about something else.

I know, isn't it just like us men to actually answer the question that was asked?

:banghead:

I remember my first birdie. It happened just this year. 125 yard par three, over water and a hill. It was the second time through the course for the day. I hit my PW solid. I knew it was good once it left the club. It landed 5 feet from the hole and rolled to within 1.5 feet. I had quite the shakey putter trying to make that putt. I saved the ball and wrote the date and that it was my first birdie.

But the thread is asking about eagles, birdies, and pars - not holes in one.

That's what I was thinking - I guess a hole-in-one technically is an eagle, but I've never really thought about it. If I had a hole-in-one, I wouldn't have brought it up in an eagles thread. Not that it's a big deal, just sayin'.

if you've already done that, but have never gotten an eagle

Something tells me that one might be something of a struggle.

Leaving that aside for a second, if someone's first eagle was a hole in one and someone else asks if they remember their first eagle then the answer is "yes, I got a hole in one". That most people would describe it as a hole in one as opposed to an eagle doesn't make it wrong to use that when asked to describe the eagles one has achieved.

.......how much the bar tab was......................:D

I've had some eagles but don't remember the specifics of any of them. Now ask me about my hole-in-one and I could tell you that day's temperature, the conversations in my foursome, which way the wind was blowing, what the birds were singing......:D

Nope, don't recall the 1st par or birdie. Haven't had an eagle even though I have had numerous chances.

My first Eagle was on a par four at a POS course. The hole is 344 yards and has a wicked dogleft right. I had at the time the nastiest of slices so I let it aimed straight at down the middle of the fairway and wouldn't you know that my slice carried the ball right onto the green. Had about a 30 ft. putt and drained it. The guy I was playing with was ultra competitive and was pretty upset. Didn't help that his parents bought me a trophy after the round as congratulations ;-)

Kingswood Golf Course in Mason. Hole #4 left to right. 3 ft breaker, down hill from about 15ft. for birdie.

Don't 'member my 1st Birdie or par but
My 1st eagle was a 250 yd blind shot down a hill with a persimmon 5 wood on a par 4. don't ask about the tee shot please..:dohanim:

Birdie? August 16, 2009. I have ESP

.......how much the bar tab was......................:D

For my 1st hole in one... $200 in 1989 dollars. That's what the clubhouse bar charged for one keg. :eek:

I like the sound of that BA. Look forward to revisiting this.

For my 1st hole in one... $200 in 1989 dollars. That's what the clubhouse bar charged for one keg. :eek:

Hehe. Funny how some things stick in the mind. I have had two, both within a few months of each other. First was June 98 and the second was September 98. The first one cost me 11 pounds and the second cost me 12 pounds. I was a lowly student at the time, so needed something nice and cheap. Both clubs sold me a bottle of scotch at cost price which I could then provide everyone a drink from.

My first one I was particularly pleased with because I managed to get the full set on the four par threes. A 1, a 2, a 3 and a 4, and I made the 4 first (went 4, 1, 3, 2). That was nice.

I remember my first (and only) ace. I remember my last eagle, but not my first birdie or eagle. It's been too long.

I remember my first Birdie and Par real well. First Birdie was on a relatively short par 4, a good drive and second shot landing not to far from the cup and one putted for a birdie. First Par was on a par 3 hole. Both were at Deer Run golf club in Horton, Michigan. Never made eagle at least not yet.

I don't remember my first par or birdie. I do remember my first (and only, that I remember) eagle attempt. I drove the green on a very short par 4. My putt missed right by about an inch.

I did have the third stroke on a par 5 in a scramble for an eagle once. We were short of the green by about 40-50 yards. I hit my pitch, started cussing under my breath when I hit it too hard and thought it was going through the green...it landed in the cup. Very amusing to me at the time considering how mad I was about the shot while it was in the air.

As soon as I get one, this will be the first place to find out....

Don't remember my first par or birdie, but my first eagle was last fall. A friend and I tried to squeeze in 18 when we really weren't going to be able to due to sunlight. When we came up to the 17th tee, it was just too dark to play. We decided to hit our tee shots and walk up the fairway. If we didn't find our balls, we would leave. This hole is a 320 yard par 4. I found mine about 30 yards short of the hole. I had to walk up to the green to see where the pin was, that's how dark it was. Came back, and pitched in in the dark.

I almost had a double eagle a couple of weeks ago, had a 6 iron hit the flagstick on a par 5 (hole was playing downwind).

I'll surely commit it to memory once it occurs.

First Eagle was a 25 foot putt, reached a par 5 in two. Didn't really try to drain the putt, but it went in.

My first birdie was a pitch in.

Back