Because I am narcissistic enough

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
I come from a long history of competitive sports. I started varsity baseball as a sophomore in high school. After college I got into competitive paintball and worked my way up through the rankings there. My intermural Frisbee team did not lose a game in 3 years in college. I love winning and love being good at what I do.

My brother was a scratch golfer and told me one day that I should start playing because I had a good swing. After about 3-4 years, I decided to take his advice. I am going to approach golf differently than I have any other sport I have become interested in. I want to become the best I can be, not to beat other people, but to try to beat myself (if that makes sense).

I am finding that golf is as difficult as it is fun, but that is what makes it awesome! I love the fellowship with the older friends that I have that play (they are in their 50's and I am 26). They are very patient with me and encourage me. I am so thankful to have them around to encourage me when I have bad shots and uplift me when I have a good shot.

As far as I am concerned, I am a software engineer, but I have aspirations of being a novelist and Christian book writer. I have found my new love in golf and I go to the course 5-6 days a week.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to the game and THP SethO! It can be a frustrating game but wonderful at the same time.

Thanks guys. I am glad I found this place.

Welcome Seth! :D I love the way you describe your approach to golf and the appreciation you have for advice that guys have given you who have been playing the game for awhile. Golf is such an elusive sport and therein lies it's strong appeal. It's a long, frustrating journey, but, at the same time a very fulfilling one. Careful.....it will get into your head bigtime!! :D Good luck in your endeavors and welcome to THP!!

welcome!

Welcome to THP Seth!

Welcome to THP, Seth!

Welcome Seth! :D I love the way you describe your approach to golf and the appreciation you have for advice that guys have given you who have been playing the game for awhile. Golf is such an elusive sport and therein lies it's strong appeal. It's a long, frustrating journey, but, at the same time a very fulfilling one. Careful.....it will get into your head bigtime!! :D Good luck in your endeavors and welcome to THP!!

Thanks! Playing golf has also helped me through some major hardships that I have been going through recently. It is just nice to be able to focus on something fun/hard for a few hours a day and not anything else in my life.

:welcome:

Welcome SethO. Im pretty competitive in everything else I do as well, but golf seems to be quite humbling.

Welcome Seth,I think with your attitude you're going to do just great.

Thank you for all the welcomes. I think this may turn into my favorite forum.

Thank you for all the welcomes. I think this may turn into my favorite forum.

It happens quicker than you might expect :) Welcome!

You guys rock! It is nice to see the XX chromosome here too.

Some of the forums I visit for the other sports that I participate in (paintball) lack that feminine touch and when a girl shows up, all the guys go instant geek. That is not the case here. Perhaps it is because golf is a sport dominated by actual adults.

*Sigh. Ill get the mop and the broom. Perhaps I should have posted what I said above in my original XX post.

Last edited:
Some of the forums I visit for the other sports that I participate in (paintball) lack that feminine touch and when a girl shows up, all the guys go instant geek. That is not the case here. Perhaps it is because golf is a sport dominated by actual adults.

*Sigh. Ill get the mop and the broom. Perhaps I should have posted what I said above in my original XX post.

This forum is co-owned by a woman and we think it adds a little more fun to the conversations.

Back