Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

That's where I'm torn; which shaft to get. I just really need to demo these babies but I want to just BUY. I have a question in to Callaway about shaft CPM #'s and intl flex codes. If I hear anything I'll post.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.
like you said, get out and demo them. Be objective and go with what feels best and performs the best.

These "made for" shafts are nothing like the use to be.
some are still 'stick and go' but that a very small percentage.

That's where I'm torn; which shaft to get. I just really need to demo these babies but I want to just BUY. I have a question in to Callaway about shaft CPM #'s and intl flex codes. If I hear anything I'll post.

Hey OG - instead of trying to play together next weekend we should meet up at Golf Galaxy and demo these clubs. I've got some clubs that are burning a hole in my figurative pocket...I need that trade in bonus :)

Hey OG - instead of trying to play together next weekend we should meet up at Golf Galaxy and demo these clubs. I've got some clubs that are burning a hole in my figurative pocket...I need that trade in bonus :)

That sounds good to me! I have a bunch of "extras" that I could trade in too. I have a "mental" issue with hitting indoors but it will be a while before there are any outside demo days around here.

That sounds good to me! I have a bunch of "extras" that I could trade in too. I have a "mental" issue with hitting indoors but it will be a while before there are any outside demo days around here.
I am not super big on that either but after calling around they are the only place i found that definitely plans to have them next weekend...something is better than nothing. And I thought I would bring my current gamer for LM comparison purposes. Plus nothing says we have to spend the trade in dollars that day.

I'm pondering this one badly, I just don't know if I want to do 3 wood or do 4 wood and be able to drop my 3 and 5w and free up space for maybe a 50 degree. I need to hit both and see what kinda numbers they both put up.

I'm loving the 4 wood - used it off the tee 3x today and it is longer then the RBZ 3 wood I was previously gaming while also being straighter.

The driver is money - only missed 1 of 11 FW's with it today.

I'm loving the 4 wood - used it off the tee 3x today and it is longer then the RBZ 3 wood I was previously gaming while also being straighter.

That's awesome to hear! Looking forward to getting a go with the 3 and 4 wood to see which I like better.

Wow. That us one strong recommendation right there.

Nice day dude! That sounds like a LONG 3 wood.

Long 3 wood is a good word for it - really surprised me. Was hoping for a few chances to use it off the deck but nothing set up for it. I was fairly long with the driver today and found myself in hybrid range rather then 4 wood.

Nice day dude! That sounds like a LONG 3 wood.

Seriously. There are a few people on here that have said that the 4 wood is longer than their prior 3 wood

Seriously. There are a few people on here that have said that the 4 wood is longer than their prior 3 wood

Makes me want to hit it. I wish I was still at home where there is a PGA SS.

Makes me want to hit it. I wish I was still at home where there is a PGA SS.

Yup. I need to hit that bad. Maybe next weekend.

That's solid feedback noline. Which shaft? What did you think about the shaft and what kind of flight?

I saw the same when I hit it. Or at least that the way it appeared on the driving range. I am thinking the 3w will be longer than my rbz.

Hopefully I will have some time with these FWs this week. Like a kid in a candy store

Hopefully I will have some time with these FWs this week. Like a kid in a candy store

I'm hoping the same. The EW near me should have a fitting cart by now. I'll have to stop by tomorrow or Tuesday. The GG on turkey lake does for sure.

I know the pro version comes with an aftermarket shaft. Has anyone seen info on the project x velocity shaft. I can't find anything outside the callaway site from the shaft manufacturer.

I'm Catching up in this thread from a few days back and I see some talk about the stock shaft. It's not like the stock shaft isn't good because its 'made for'. That doesn't mean cheap or haphazard. It actually pairs well with the club. I understand wanting an after market shaft but don't just disregard the stock offering, it'll surprise a lot of people.

I agree with you Freddie, now I just need to get one of these in LH in the stores and get some numbers on it. If it is the best fit for me I would keep it, if not, find something else that works. That is probably the best part of where we are in the world of golf. You can get some actual data to make your decision.

Dude, that is a phenomenal day! Man am I hating that the 4W is not available in LH...yet!

That is strong! Come on Friday!

I think alot of folks will be pleasantly surprised. Getting a little work done in the office this morning then have a 1230 time today to give the clubs another go.

With the 4W not being an option for you, are you learning more toward 5 or 3 wood???

Back