TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
5.3 (WHS)
Did a quick search but didn't see anything so...

Does anyone on here play badminton? I have played for a number of years now but still enjoy it and play in the club first team in a few different leagues. Just missing it at the moment due to my back injury but hoping to be back playing again this week with any luck

Badminton is crazy fun, people get absolutely crazy about that game. Plus, one of the pieces of equipment is called a shuttlecock, which is awesome as well.

Who doesn't love a good shuttlecock?

Badminton is a great game. Love playing it. There was a kid who went to my high school who was sponsored to play. He was so good.

Badminton is crazy fun, people get absolutely crazy about that game. Plus, one of the pieces of equipment is called a shuttlecock, which is awesome as well.

Was wondering who would be the first to lower the tone, well done War :alien:

I enjoy it and it is a very quick game - I think some people don't realise until they give it a try at a slightly competitive level instead of the tippy tappy that you see in sports centres

Was wondering who would be the first to lower the tone, well done War :alien:

I enjoy it and it is a very quick game - I think some people don't realise until they give it a try at a slightly competitive level instead of the tippy tappy that you see in sports centres
Yeah, Im usually that guy.

In all seriousness, it's a fun game. And like you said, quick and fast paced. I liken it to the Racquetball version of Tennis/Volleyball.

Badminton is a great game. Love playing it. There was a kid who went to my high school who was sponsored to play. He was so good.

A couple of the lads at our club were ranked in the top 50 in the country in men's pairs so trying to play against them was interesting

A couple of the lads at our club were ranked in the top 50 in the country in men's pairs so trying to play against them was interesting

Yeah I played against that kid once. I didn't know it was possible to be that good at it. Haha.

Yeah, Im usually that guy.

In all seriousness, it's a fun game. And like you said, quick and fast paced. I liken it to the Racquetball version of Tennis/Volleyball.

Never tried that, tried squash a few times but didn't enjoy it

Am on my phone, but if anyone Google's 'badminton showboating' you should find some videos from some Danish kids messing about which some of us then tried to do at our club with varying levels of failure... Lol

Yeah that's one of the videos War

I really enjoy playing badminton, but there is absolutely no way to look cool while playing it hahaha!

Depends how good you are and how good your opponent is...you can either look like a fool or make someone look like a fool when you have them running all over the court ha ha

Some of those shots are ridiculous.

Good fun though if you manage to pull one of the 'proper' shots off during a game or a match - nothing better than managing a behind the back shot that then beats your opponent when they thought they were going to win the point

Depends how good you are and how good your opponent is...you can either look like a fool or make someone look like a fool when you have them running all over the court ha ha

It's such a fun game to play all crazy while "pop" fueled... Swinging as hard as possible over and over and over again haha

Sounds like you don't take it quite as serious as me Canadan but I know where you are coming from

The two things I don't look forward to are the first match of the season and then the first match back after the Christmas and new year break....absolutely kills the legs ha ha

Sounds like you don't take it quite as serious as me Canadan but I know where you are coming from

The two things I don't look forward to are the first match of the season and then the first match back after the Christmas and new year break....absolutely kills the legs ha ha

I definitely don't man, just for fun here and there -- I've seen competitive games and they are awesome. Such great hand/eye.

I love badminton but only play it every so often and only for fun. Definitely nothing competitive. It's a good time though.

Well I was hoping to get back to playing again this week but I am not convinced my back is fully up to it yet so having another week off, although I have to admit I am going a bit crazy not being able to do too much, so in some ways I am quite pleased that the weather is as bad as it is..... I would hate to be injured when the weather is sunny and hot and I can't get out!!!!

Due to most of the country either under snow or flooded over this winter, I needed to do something to cull the boredom. The off chance I went with a friend who was playing a mini tournament. Been hooked ever since.

Play every Wed where its mixed doubles and is more a relaxing workout. Then down to the more serious competitive stuff on Thurs.
Started off with a Yonex NS100 and have just purchased a Yonex VT5. Been wearing the Kobe VI's basketball shoes as they have been rated highly due to them being so similar to Badminton shoes. They have been great so far.

Tend to watch some Lin Dan (the TW of the badminton world) video's before I play to inspire myself. Never seem's to work :laughing:

Due to most of the country either under snow or flooded over this winter, I needed to do something to cull the boredom. The off chance I went with a friend who was playing a mini tournament. Been hooked ever since.

Play every Wed where its mixed doubles and is more a relaxing workout. Then down to the more serious competitive stuff on Thurs.
Started off with a Yonex NS100 and have just purchased a Yonex VT5. Been wearing the Kobe VI's basketball shoes as they have been rated highly due to them being so similar to Badminton shoes. They have been great so far.

Tend to watch some Lin Dan (the TW of the badminton world) video's before I play to inspire myself. Never seem's to work :laughing:

Whereabouts in the UK are you Triple?

Our club night is a Thursday as well and usually it is quite busy unless there is a match on somewhere, but matches are either Friday for a home match or whatever suits the opponents if it is away - one of the clubs has their matches on a Sunday afternoon

I have got a couple of Fleet rackets which have lasted about 5 seasons now but was considering upgrading them for something newer next season but will most likely see if there are any offers on current gear and try to grab a bargain

I'm in the North West.

Just been snowing hard, so looks like no golf next week now. Suppose I could get another Badminton day in next week. Just when I'm hitting the VRS so good aswell. :at-wits-end:

I did not start playing until college when I took it as an elective. My baseball coach was the ARMY champ back when he was in. At 65 years old he beat the crap out of all of us. He would say if you can beat me you have an A and do not have to come back. I scored 2 points, the most anyone ever scored was 8. A lot of the guys on the team would go at it after practice. We had some good battles.

Back