Callaway razor fit extreme shafts

Eagle

Reaction score
Handicap
I hit the callaway razor fit stock aldila trinty shaft,stiff today.There was no stock matrix 7m3 black tie shaft in the store.My swing speed or head speed was averaging between 100-105 mph,thefore I was told to use the stiff shaft.On the Calliway web site it says the matrix 7m3 is for the better players with faster head speeds.Do you think a swing speed of 100-105mps would benifit from the stock matrix shaft over the aldila trinty or our there lots of other factors i need to consider and should wait to hit that shaft before making dicissions,
Thanks

I hit the trinity shaft today and did really well with it. My swing speed is between 105-112mph. They told me the trinity shaft was more of a higher launching shaft over the other. I though it held up very well with my swing.

It is a difficult call without actually swinging the two clubs. I apln on hitting both stock shafts and any custom shafts I may find.

I hit the callaway razor fit stock aldila trinty shaft,stiff today.There was no stock matrix 7m3 black tie shaft in the store.My swing speed or head speed was averaging between 100-105 mph,thefore I was told to use the stiff shaft.On the Calliway web site it says the matrix 7m3 is for the better players with faster head speeds.Do you think a swing speed of 100-105mps would benifit from the stock matrix shaft over the aldila trinty or our there lots of other factors i need to consider and should wait to hit that shaft before making dicissions,
Thanks

I think you should definitely hit both shafts man.. It can't hurt, right? Find the shaft that promotes the best flight for your game. Black tie will launch lower though, from everything I've ever heard.

I think you should definitely hit both shafts man.. It can't hurt, right? Find the shaft that promotes the best flight for your game. Black tie will launch lower though, from everything I've ever heard.

Your probably right.just wish they would have had the matrix shaft there as well .I hit the trinity well today,just want to make sure that I am getting maximum distance and best performance.Just wasn't sure what club head speed this trinty shaft needed to benifit one over the other.All the callaway video said was for faster club swings.

Do you know how much spin you were getting? I was hitting the Trinity well but my spin # was in the 3000+. I didn't get much roll. My swing speed is in the 98-105 and I was using the R flex.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

At your swing speed, you should probably try out the stiff. I bet that would bring down your spin a decent amount.

I did try out the stiff and like you said brought down the spin but I really had to go after the ball. I know by mid round I wouldn't be able to control it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Back