Taylormade Raylor Hybrid Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP brought you the news and spy shots first, and now we are bringing you the actual club first. In hands and testing has started on this one.

605453739_goZbj-L-1.jpg

605453537_j4XWo-L-1.jpg

605453220_rssDN-L-1.jpg

605453114_rKBTz-L-1.jpg

605453322_aPWuN-L-1.jpg

605453441_AmQQ5-L-1.jpg

605453632_eXBCt-L-1.jpg

As strange as this is, the little V at the bottom of the face reminds me of the old Callaway Big Bertha Warbird sole a bit.

Looks pretty clean.

• Admin
I really like the look of these at setup and overall.

Looks awesome. Looking forward to the review (trying to hold off on asking questions until afterwards).

• Admin
Feel free to ask away.

Will do then. The sticker on the face says, "Rough-Conquering Raylor Sole." This leads me to believe that it is designed to provide an advantage in the rough. My question is, how does the sole play from the fairway? It appears that it might be more difficult to get good contact if the ball is hit away from the center of the clubhead. I love the way it looks though...

Too late to add to the Hybrid Shootout?

Will do then. The sticker on the face says, "Rough-Conquering Raylor Sole." This leads me to believe that it is designed to provide an advantage in the rough. My question is, how does the sole play from the fairway? It appears that it might be more difficult to get good contact if the ball is hit away from the center of the clubhead. I love the way it looks though...

We have been told that the sole does not affect the fairway shots. But we shall see. Our thoughts were the same as yours.
Too late to add to the Hybrid Shootout?

Yes it is. Plus these are not available yet and we want to make sure that people can pick up the hybrids in the shoot out.

<droooooooooooooool> next question that will pass through my lips...."Honey, can I buy a club?"

Looks pretty.

sweet looking stick!

Got a chance this morning to take it out for some range time. Pictures and initial thoughts coming soon.

The only thing I wonder is how powerful you have to get at a company to be at the point where you can let your 7 year old son come up with a superhero name for a product and nobody under you questions it.

Here are some more pictures from the range today.

606067107_hPUAy-L-1.jpg

606067228_S64gX-L-1.jpg

606066998_DdtXD-L-1.jpg

606066790_PM8zg-L-1.jpg

606066671_BGhMm-L-1.jpg

606066912_iwcRx-L-1.jpg

How easy was it to hit? Is it forgiving?

Extremely forgiving. Very easy to hit. Both the rough and fairway had no issues.

Awesome, was this the one Kenny Perry helped design for the US Open?

That is what they said.

Looks great JB! I'd like your thoughts on how this would perform for diggers versus sweepers. I'm a sweeper to an extreme. I never take divots with hybrids (I know, it's something I need to fix). Does your opinion of this club change for someone like me?

Not at all. It seems that everybody that hit it today had different styles and nothing we threw at it had problems. More coming during more thorough testing of course.

Great looking club. I heard they weren't positive if they were going to release it for sale, has that changed? I love my Taylor hybrid, so I am a fan.

It is being released and from what we heard it was planned that way the entire time. But TM as a company has said that they produce tons of prototypes and not many make it to the consumer world. This one from inception was going to retail.

It is being released and from what we heard it was planned that way the entire time. But TM as a company has said that they produce tons of prototypes and not many make it to the consumer world. This one from inception was going to retail.
That's good to know, Maybe I had misread something. Great looking club, can't wait to hit it.

Back