Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Thanks - I've heard good things about Falcon's Fire over the years, and have never played. Definitely let me know your thoughts when you play next week.

I will. I forgot about celebration as I heard some good things about the course since they just re-did it this past year. If you really want to go baller you can head to the Ritz. Deep wallets my friend. ;)

I will. I forgot about celebration as I heard some good things about the course since they just re-did it this past year. If you really want to go baller you can head to the Ritz. Deep wallets my friend. ;)

I only know about the greens at Waldorf right now - need to find out about the others tomorrow.

Ritz Grade Lakes - $95 (yes, pricey for Orlando in the summer time!)
Falcon Fire - $44
Celebration - not answering
Hawk's Landing - $75
Mystic Dunes - $74
Waldorf - $60 with punched greens

I only know about the greens at Waldorf right now - need to find out about the others tomorrow.

Ritz Grade Lakes - $95 (yes, pricey for Orlando in the summer time!)
Falcon Fire - $44
Celebration - not answering
Hawk's Landing - $75
Mystic Dunes - $74
Waldorf - $60 with punched greens

I liked Hawk's Landing, but I wouldn't pay 75 for it in the summer time. Groupon runs deals for them pretty often, I'll drop you a pm if one comes up soon.

I liked Hawk's Landing, but I wouldn't pay 75 for it in the summer time. Groupon runs deals for them pretty often, I'll drop you a pm if one comes up soon.

I concur. Groupon, deal caddy, odeals daily. Check those out. There are some good deals there from time to time. Just make sure you look at the limitations.

I concur. Groupon, deal caddy, odeals daily. Check those out. There are some good deals there from time to time. Just make sure you look at the limitations.

Thanks - definitely keep me posted if you see anything. I signed up for all the email specials at the courses, and will check out Golf Now, etc soon. Appreciate all the help.

I second the Grande Pines as well good complex and good course.

I think I am leaning here right now. Looks like $55 for the round.

Good rate for the course. Has some scenic holes but very challenging as well

Thanks - you just saved me some serious searching time - Bella Collina is the course I was just racking my brain trying to remember! My friends played there a few months ago and really liked it. I will see if their greens will be punched or not.

How about any of the Reunion courses? I played 9 on the Nicklaus course a few years back and liked it. Would you recommend any of those courses?

Also, any interest in trying to set up (I will help coordinate) a summer time Central Florida Outing, Part Trey???

With the MC and rangefinder traveling it might be better to do a fall gathering in Sarasota so I can eat at bogeys

With the MC and rangefinder traveling it might be better to do a fall gathering in Sarasota so I can eat at bogeys

What is Bogeys? What kind of food?

Great, now I want to go to Houston's in Orlando. :(

How about Orange County National?

Shame that Waldorf and Bella will be punched. Two great courses.

Damn...what a great place for wings!

Definitely playing Falcons Fire on Saturday. Will update here the conditions.

Were you able to play yesterday with all the rain we've been having?

Yup played early Saturday. Cart path only from all the rain. Course drained out, as I expected, pretty well. Its in as good a condition as one can be from all the rain. There was actually a junior tourney that played after us. Some burn spots on the greens (normal around this time for medium end courses due to recovery time). My suggestion is check out Grande Pines and see what they got first. It looks like we're in for some steady rain all week here so it might not dry out as well as one can hope.

Let me know if you want to go out Saturday AM. I'll be down for a round.

Yup played early Saturday. Cart path only from all the rain. Course drained out, as I expected, pretty well. Its in as good a condition as one can be from all the rain. There was actually a junior tourney that played after us. Some burn spots on the greens (normal around this time for medium end courses due to recovery time). My suggestion is check out Grande Pines and see what they got first. It looks like we're in for some steady rain all week here so it might not dry out as well as one can hope.

Let me know if you want to go out Saturday AM. I'll be down for a round.

Thanks for the heads-up on the conditions. I am all in for Grande Pines right now - and will be keeping fingers crossed that the conditions will be OK.

And thanks for the invite to play Saturday morning, but I'll be at the hotel pool with the kids then!

Thanks everyone for the feedback you provided. I am bummed I did not get to play the Waldorf course. The course itself and layout looked fantastic, but the greens were obviously in rough shape due to the maintenance. I can tell the greens will come back fast and true, as even with the sand and punch holes, the practice green was quick.

Anyway, I did play Grande Dunes and liked it. It is a fairly difficult course with all of the dog legs and trouble off the tee, and the green complexes have lots of undulation and are quick. I shot 84, not due to ball striking but because I saved lots of strokes with some nice putting.

Just returned from a professional conference at the Hilton Bonnet Creek and had the chance to play a couple rounds at the Waldorf Astoria GC. For a "hacker" like myself, it was HARD. Played from the whites each time and found it completely different from anything I'm used to up in MD. Greens were extremely fast, but you could get it to check up if you hit it well (couple times a round). I found the green side bunkers (too many times probably), to be challenging, but not too hard to get out. Yesterday, pitched out of the greenside bunker on 16 (par 3) lipped out for a 5" tap in PAR (one of 3 on my card). Top notch service and quality track. Never played a place so high end. Met a couple sports celebs on Monday out there (Carlos Pena was in the group ahead of us, Doc Rivers and Jason Williams were in a very "heated" match behind our group).

Definitely would play it again.

Sounds like a nice course. My wife and I are staying at the Waldorf in march and are playing here as well as the Magnolia and Osprey Disney courses.

Sounds like a nice course. My wife and I are staying at the Waldorf in march and are playing here as well as the Magnolia and Osprey Disney courses.
You will enjoy the Waldorf but the Disney courses are ok. If you can travel a few minutes down the road, Grand Cypress is the way to,go.

Easily one of my favorite courses in Orlando. Love the Waldorf course.

Back