Impulse Shopper and/or Hoarder?

Diane

Reaction score
Do you have a problem, can't help yourself when it comes to golf? Are you buying a new club every other week? Or do new clothes and shoes catch your fancy? Do you have enough golf balls in your trunk for 1000 rounds, but keep buying more? Or do you have enough tees to stretch from earth to the moon if you lined them up? Is it that you can't have enough or just want everything to be shiny and new?

guilty as charged..mostly balls....
hopefully the Bama b330rx/z-star shootout will fix that...

Do you have a problem, can't help yourself when it comes to golf? Are you buying a new club every other week? Or do new clothes and shoes catch your fancy? Do you have enough golf balls in your trunk for 1000 rounds, but keep buying more? Or do you have enough tees to stretch from earth to the moon if you lined them up? Is it that you can't have enough or just want everything to be shiny and new?

Are you directing that to Scooter? hehe

The only thing I have ever been guilty of when it comes to this is shoes and clothes.

Most stuff I buy is on sale. You could probably call me a "2 bit hoarder." :D

For example, years ago Wal-Mart had tees on sale for 50 cents/bag, and I bought all they had on display. Same with the D2 Feel ball this past Winter, Target had them on sale for $2.58 for 15 - I bought 6 boxes (all they had). Same sale, they had Taylor Made golf gloves for $2.78, and I bought 10 of them.

Don't get me started on stores that have "used" golf clubs! I love to browse.

Don't have the money to do all that so I don't if I had money I probably might.

I shop golf out of necessity, I guess I'm pretty frugal (can be read as cheap). I was hitting the same old Callaway knockoffs for my entire golf career and just recently purchased new irons. I only have one pair of golf shoes that I'll change once they're worn enough. I have a couple of "golf" polos and most of those were purchased at an extreme discount. There are things I want to buy (new golf bag, hybrid, new putter) but unless the others break or I find some killer deal, they still do the job...

I REALLY want a new bag, I've got some awesome new TM Burners that look very out of place in my cheapo golf bag..

I'll impulse buy from time to time, but not very often.

Usually golf balls are what I'll stock up on, when they're on sale. I had 10 dozen or so in my shed a few months ago.

Golf balls for me too.

Both. Bu tI always buy stuff on sale and I especially go nuts after the season ends. The only things I really hoard are balls and tees. I always have at least 2 dozen balls around and easily 2-3 bags of tees somewhere.

Hi, my name is C-Tech and I am a clubaholic. I am also a bag ho, and a clothes horse...not to mention the shoe fetish. Other than that, I have unbelievable self-control. I have not bought a new golf item in 3 whole days.

Is there such a thing as a strategic impulse shopper? If so I think that would best describe me.

I usually try to buy things at a value from golf balls to clothing. By value I don’t mean necessarily cheap but instead quality items on sale. When I find something on sale that I like I will stock up since I hate paying full price for items. The other day I snagged four nice Adidas ClimaCool shirts for $20 apiece.

I use to be real bad about impulse buying, but not so much any more. Golf balls for the most part are now my problem when I catch a "clearance sale" some where. I don't go shopping at the local golf pro shops. I might go in one if it's in a strip mall with another store I am visiting, but that's about it. Of course that changes if I hear about a pro shop going out of business having a sale.:comp:

Is there such a thing as a strategic impulse shopper? If so I think that would best describe me.

Oooh, I'm going with this one too!

:clapp:

so stealing that one too!

Impulse buyer, definitely.

Have 2 full sets of clubs & only 1 of them was actually planned. Can't walk into a store without at least checking out their golfing area. I too keep buying balls even though I don't need any. Just came home with 2 more shirts the other day. Dicks has racks full of them at 50% off the lowest ticketed price. Couldn't pass them up for $12.48 each.

with about a dozen drivers ,even more wedges and fairway woods not to mention about twenty putters all I have to do is look around my bedroom to realize I have an addiction.I've been fighting really hard to break it and can say it's been about 2 months now since I've bought a club. Keeping my fingers crossed.

with about a dozen drivers ,even more wedges and fairway woods not to mention about twenty putters all I have to do is look around my bedroom to realize I have an addiction.I've been fighting really hard to break it and can say it's been about 2 months now since I've bought a club. Keeping my fingers crossed.

How do I know you're not married?

Help me please.
I have a perfectly functional Datrek Vibe stand bag, albeit a tad worn at 3 years old.

I am looking to pull the trigger on a Revolver Pro (blue/grey or red/grey) and I need help to prevent me from making the buy........

Angel on the Left says spend the money on the wife and child :angel:
Devil on the right says you deserve for the countless hours you put in at the office :devil:

Where is my sponsor when I need them....

help!!

Bama - If you have to think twice - don't buy it. You'll regret it and won't enjoy it. It can wait.

Help me please.
I have a perfectly functional Datrek Vibe stand bag, albeit a tad worn at 3 years old.

I am looking to pull the trigger on a Revolver Pro (blue/grey or red/grey) and I need help to prevent me from making the buy........

Angel on the Left says spend the money on the wife and child :angel:
Devil on the right says you deserve for the countless hours you put in at the office :devil:

Where is my sponsor when I need them....

help!!

Bama - If you have to think twice - don't buy it. You'll regret it and won't enjoy it. It can wait.

Buy it Bama, you deserve it. It's the best bag on the market.Trust me, I only have your best interest in mind:devil:

:devil: Don't listen to her, you know you want it...can't you hear it calling your name....:devil:

I spend most of my golf money on rounds. I spent a lot on clothes but I'm pretty well set with that. I would probably sell a body part for round money if I had to.

Back